Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge Niner Football!!!

12-08-2014, 08:19 PM   #155
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Winston is a model citizen, and SF would be happy to have him as a role model and ambassador to the team.
Good God no.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 08:21 PM   #156
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
Good God no.
Crab legs for everyone.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 09:08 PM   #157
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Crab legs for everyone.
It could be a promotion for a preseason game. Go to the game and the fan who can steal the most crab legs without being caught gets season tickets.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 09:20 PM   #158
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It could be a promotion for a preseason game. Go to the game and the fan who can steal the most crab legs without being caught gets season tickets.
Spot on
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 01:09 AM   #159
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

But dat speed tho

Last edited by Flying Ace; 12-09-2014 at 01:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 01:12 AM   #160
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
He'll probably also do plenty of community service
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 01:57 AM   #161
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Are 9ers really going to let Harbaugh go? Media sure seems to think management wants him gone. Quite possibly the dumbest thing they could do. He will be unemployed for maybe 30 secs.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 02:50 AM   #162
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR92 View Post
Blaming the SB loss on Kap? Its too bad he couldn't play corner too huh. Too bad Kap cant play every position but it still wouldn't impress people who have their heads so far up there asses to realize its a TEAM sport.
QBs get the glory when they win and the blame when they don't.

Kap was the LEADER of the team in the SB and the NFC Championship but he couldn't manage to get the ball into the end zone on a 4th and goal to win the SB (just like he couldn't get the ball into the end zone on a 4th and goal against the Rams this year) AND he threw into coverage and got intercepted to end the Niners' chance to win the NFC Championship last year (just like he's thrown into coverage REPEATEDLY this year)! It's a PATTERN.

Kap isn't the ONLY reason the Niners have been losing BUT he's a big contributing factor. Fact is, great QBs win games when it counts and lesser QBs don't. Kap has proven that he's a lesser QB in this league and has repeatedly failed to win when it counts. Joe Montana and Steve Young he's NOT and never will be. That's all the FB knowledge anyone needs to assess Kap's abilities, which are minimal when compared to others in the league.

Is he the WORST QB in the league? NO but he certainly doesn't measure up to the expectations of the fans NOR the team. They haven't come out and said it but he's definitely loss some credibility in the clubhouse and, if his "mentor" Harbaugh leaves, he's in for some hard times in the locker room AND on the field IF the new coach doesn't bench his ass in favor of someone else.

Last edited by SSW; 12-09-2014 at 03:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 02:57 AM   #163
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

THey should've kept Alex Smith. Heck, even Troy Smith would've done better? haha
      12-09-2014, 03:05 AM   #164
MR92
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSW
Quote:
Blaming the SB loss on Kap? Its too bad he couldn't play corner too huh. Too bad Kap cant play every position but it still wouldn't impress people who have their heads so far up there asses to realize its a TEAM sport.
QBs get the glory when they win and the blame when they don't.

Kap was the LEADER of the team in the SB and the NFC Championship but he couldn't manage to get the ball into the end zone to win the SB (just like he couldn't get the ball into the end zone against the Rams this year) AND he threw into coverage and got intercepted to end the Niners' chance to win the NFC Championship last year (just like he's thrown into coverage REPEATEDLY this year!

Kap isn't the ONLY reason the Niners have been losing BUT he's a big contributing factor. Fact is, great QBs win games when it counts and lesser QBs don't. Kap has proven that he's a lesser QB in this league and has failed to win WHEN IT COUNTS.

That's all the FB knowledge anyone needs to assess Kap's abilities, which are minimal when compared to others in the league.
Yea he must be a bad QB cause he couldn't get the ball into the endzone 5 times to bail out his defense and special teams that got torched by the Ravens your pretty ridiculous if you actually believe that Super Bowl loss had anything to do with him
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 12:14 PM   #165
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
THey should've kept Alex Smith. Heck, even Troy Smith would've done better? haha
you leave Troy out of this, just need to forget the history of Singletary's regime
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 01:21 PM   #166
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
Quote:
Yea he must be a bad QB cause he couldn't get the ball into the endzone 5 times to bail out his defense and special teams that got torched by the Ravens your pretty ridiculous if you actually believe that Super Bowl loss had anything to do with him
I get that you're a DIE-HARD Kap fan (and there are still quite a few out there; why I have no idea) but you can't seriously believe that he had NOTHING to do w/the Superbowl loss back in 2013.

Do you think Wilson, Rodgers, Brees, Luck or Manning (either one of them) wouldn't have gotten the ball into the end zone with 1st and goal at the 7 yard line, 2nd and goal at the 5, 3rd and goal at the 5 and 4th and goal at the 5 with less than 4 mins left to play in the F*CKING Superbowl?

Blame it on the coaching staff if you will but you can't blame THAT on special teams. It was the OFFENSE led by Kap that FAILED to get the ball into the end zone then, just like it was the OFFENSE led by Kap that failed to beat the Rams on Nov 2nd this year, when they couldn't get into the end zone on 1st and 5 w/only 42 secs left to play.

Hell, the only reason the Niners got to the 5 in that game was because the Rams got a 25 yd penalty on the prior play. The Rams even committed another penalty which put the ball on the 2, no thanks to Kap or the offense, but they still couldn't get the ball into the end zone on 1st and 2.

Then Kap manages to complete a ONE YARD pass to Crabtree to make it 2nd and 1 w/10 secs to go and then he f*cking tries another pass to make it 3rd and 1. Hell, he's over 6 feet tall, he could have just fell into the end zone. So, he finally tries to do what he supposedly does well (run) on 3rd and 1 and f*cking fumbles the football.

Why he's trying to run up the middle (he's no fullback) rather than run a sweep which he's actually good at, I have no idea. Probably a coaching call BUT it's Kap's job to SCORE and he's failed miserably in doing that this year and in key games in the past.

Yeah, Kap is a BIG TIME football hero. Give me a F*CKING break!!!!
      12-09-2014, 03:12 PM   #167
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
so we can now all agree that Jameis Winston will be the franchise QB for the 49ers starting next year?
Kap and Winston can share duties and party with dem hos every other night.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 03:31 PM   #168
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
you leave Troy out of this, just need to forget the history of Singletary's regime
I just wish Troy would have done better with Ginn Jr at 49ners. My wife is a huge Buckeyes' fan, and start to memorize their darn roster. LOL
      12-09-2014, 03:35 PM   #169
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I just wish Troy would have done better with Ginn Jr at 49ners. My wife is a huge Buckeyes' fan, and start to memorize their darn roster. LOL
haha, Buckeyes fan here too...Cardale Jones FTW!

Troy Smith and Ginn were never the best connection at OSU. They only hook up on deep balls or designed plays to get Ginn the ball. For those 2 years, the best receiver at OSU was Anthony Gonzalez http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Gonzalez
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 04:48 PM   #170
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
haha, Buckeyes fan here too...Cardale Jones FTW!

Troy Smith and Ginn were never the best connection at OSU. They only hook up on deep balls or designed plays to get Ginn the ball. For those 2 years, the best receiver at OSU was Anthony Gonzalez http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Gonzalez
I agree. But the relationship between Smith and Ginn jr since HS and winning a NFC championship would've been nicer.

BTW
+1 for getting rid of Jim Harbaugh would be a mistake.

Oh yeah, GO BRONCOS!
      12-09-2014, 04:55 PM   #171
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I agree. But the relationship between Smith and Ginn jr since HS and winning a NFC championship would've been nicer.

BTW
+1 for getting rid of Jim Harbaugh would be a mistake.

Oh yeah, GO BRONCOS!
would've been...I still believe had Ginn not been hurt and was the one returning kicks instead of Kyle Williams, 49ers would have made the Super Bowl that year.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 05:39 PM   #172
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
would've been...I still believe had Ginn not been hurt and was the one returning kicks instead of Kyle Williams, 49ers would have made the Super Bowl that year.
You are talking about the 49 vs Ravens, right?
      12-09-2014, 06:34 PM   #173
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Yes, when Kyle Williams coughed up the ball.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 09:02 PM   #174
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No that was the following year. 49ers vs Giants was when Kyle Williams had the blunders.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 09:16 PM   #175
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
What many forget is the 49ers contract with Kap is team friendly. They can cut him with minimal cap costs any year they like. I also doubt they regret signing him as I still think he is capable of getting them to a Super Bowl victory.

That's cute.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 09:32 PM   #176
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
That's cute.
Man, 1 Superbowl and look who's all puffed up (although it should be two, can't believe how they were jobbed against the Steelers).

Kap can do it, the question is will he make the adjustment or will he be stubborn and defiant trying to win without improving his skill set.

Over under 5.5 points scored by 49ers this Sunday
Appreciate 0