Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Photos / Videos / Journals G20 M340i in Malachite Green Individual with Cognac interior

06-20-2021, 02:18 PM   #133
THE3
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbags View Post
Beautiful.

How's the ride on those 20s? I've been lusting after the 795M wheels but I feel like I'd need coilovers too to balance out the harshness of casual driving.
Ride is fairly comfortable, but on the other hand I have adaptive suspension. I also replaced Pirelli runflats with Michelin PS4S. They changed the dynamics of my car and are quieter and much smoother.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2021, 02:26 PM   #134
Moonbags
Tourist
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tanzanite M340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbags View Post
Beautiful.

How's the ride on those 20s? I've been lusting after the 795M wheels but I feel like I'd need coilovers too to balance out the harshness of casual driving.
Ride is fairly comfortable, but on the other hand I have adaptive suspension. I also replaced Pirelli runflats with Michelin PS4S. They changed the dynamics of my car and are quieter and much smoother.
Yes I saw the same results from the PS4S, much better handling and comfort. Unfortunately Adaptive is the one want from my spec that wasn't optioned onto the closest match, which I bought. More of a nicety for the wife really, but it would no doubt make 20" wheels all the more usable.

Let's cut to the chase, how are uneven roads in sport mode?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2021, 02:38 PM   #135
Maiens
Rep
Drives: 2021 G20 330e M-Sport

Quote:
Hi!

My 2021 M340i xDrive Individual (MHEV) in Malachite Green arrived today at the dealer. I placed the order in March this year, but due to factory closure (COVID19) and individual paint (+4weeks) the delivery has taken a while. But now it’s here (at the dealer) and looks fantastic, I love the green color. The dealer will install 20” BMW 795M Ferric Grey M Performance wheel set. Next Friday the car gets its Ceramic coating paint protection revealing the paint in all its full glory. It’s a 2021 model, manufactured in July, so it should come with 48V MHEV...

IÂ’ll post some pics here. PS. Sorry if some the images are upside down, IÂ’m uploading them from my iPad. I donÂ’t seem to be able to fix the issue.
maan i love them Rims! bloody nice!!!
Appreciate 1
THE3285.50
      06-20-2021, 02:45 PM   #136
THE3
Private
Rep

Road conditions in my country have deteriorated for years and are in a poor state. I drive everyday in Sports (Individual) mode, but leave suspension most of the time in comfort mode. Ride is firm but not harsh. Despite 20” wheels car’s suspension filters out surprisingly well most of the imperfections on the road surface. Of course 20” low profile tyres reduce comfort, but I didn’t feel a huge difference between 19” and 20” wheel set.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2021, 06:30 PM   #137
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Stunning color and interior.
Appreciate 1
THE3285.50
      06-22-2021, 03:51 PM   #138
MC340
Rep
Drives: BMW M340

Quote:
Hi!

My 2021 M340i xDrive Individual (MHEV) in Malachite Green arrived today at the dealer. I placed the order in March this year, but due to factory closure (COVID19) and individual paint (+4weeks) the delivery has taken a while. But now it’s here (at the dealer) and looks fantastic, I love the green color. The dealer will install 20” BMW 795M Ferric Grey M Performance wheel set. Next Friday the car gets its Ceramic coating paint protection revealing the paint in all its full glory. It’s a 2021 model, manufactured in July, so it should come with 48V MHEV...

IÂ’ll post some pics here. PS. Sorry if some the images are upside down, IÂ’m uploading them from my iPad. I donÂ’t seem to be able to fix the issue.
Beautiful specs, congratulations. I opted for Oxford Green on Tartufo for mine (a G21 though), as a tribute to the M5 Elekta in BRG
Appreciate 1
THE3285.50
      07-06-2021, 11:47 AM   #139
Sushimaster
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

How do you get this color? Cant find it in the configurator on bmw canada
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 12:47 PM   #140
THE3
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushimaster View Post
How do you get this color? Cant find it in the configurator on bmw canada
It’s BMW Individual color, which is a special order and not found on standard BMW configurator (well, there’s a couple of special color options, such as frozen paints, chosen for you by BMW/regions but that’s it). Basically you make a request thru your dealer to factory to customize your BMW order (in my case I requested it to painted in Malachite Green Metallic, BMW paint code 205). I also requested factory to paint my sidemirror covers (instead of standard Cerium Grey). In short I went to my BMW dealer and asked if it is possible to paint my car with a special color and how much would it cost, then I received a quote/price from the factory for the paintojob, signed the order and eventually waited extra four weeks factory needed to add to the assembly and paint of your car. BTW at that time (a year ago) only cars built in Germany had this option, Mexico plant didn’t have the BMW individual paint capabilities as I know, this may have changed now.

You can find the Individual Color options at https://visualizer.bmw-individual.co...=1&lang=EN#top

Last edited by THE3; 07-06-2021 at 01:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 01:15 PM   #141
Sushimaster
Private
Rep

Quote:
It’s BMW Individual color, which is a special order and not found on standard BMW configurator (well, there’s a couple of special color options, such as frozen paints, chosen for you by BMW/regions but that’s it). Basically you make a request thru your dealer to factory to customize your BMW order (in my case I requested it to painted in Malachite Green Metallic, BMW paint code 205). I also requested factory to paint my sidemirror covers (instead of standard Cerium Grey). In short I went to my BMW dealer and asked if it is possible to paint my car with a special color and how much would it cost, then I received a quote/price from the factory for the paintojob, signed the order and eventually waited extra four weeks factory needed to add to the assembly and paint of your car. BTW at that time (a year ago) only cars built in Germany had this option, Mexico plant didn’t have the BMW individual paint capabilities as I know, this may have changed now.

You can find the Individual Color options at https://visualizer.bmw-individual.co...=1&lang=EN#top
Thank!

If you don't mind, can you tell me how much was the quote? trying to see if its worth it for the amazing color.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 01:23 PM   #142
THE3
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushimaster View Post
Thank!

If you don't mind, can you tell me how much was the quote? trying to see if its worth it for the amazing color.
If I recall it correctly, approx. 4500 USD.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 01:29 PM   #143
Sushimaster
Private
Rep

Quote:
If I recall it correctly, approx. 4500 USD.
Holy cow 0.0
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 01:33 PM   #144
THE3
Private
Rep

Please ask your dealer, your prices may be different (cheaper)…I don’t know the prices for Canadian market…
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 04:00 PM   #145
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Looks lovely and now with hindsight, actually reminds me of San Remo quite a bit but a shade darker.