Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin Coolant Leak M340i

01-05-2021, 02:23 PM   #1
UMDterp
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Coolant Leak M340i

Just purchased a 2021 M340i the day after christmas and have about 375 miles on it, and there seems to be a coolant leak already. Looks like it is coming from the left side (passenger side) of the car near the bottom of the radiator. I only noticed it because there were a few drops of coolant that I saw on the garage floor. I can definitely see some coolant looking into the top of the engine bay down by the corner of the radiator as well.

Has anyone had a leak come up like this before? I have a service appointment scheduled for tomorrow... here I got rid of my old F10 to avoid having to fix a bunch of leaks...

Last edited by UMDterp; 01-05-2021 at 02:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 09:17 PM   #2
enkoo52
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMDterp View Post
Just purchased a 2021 M340i the day after christmas and have about 375 miles on it, and there seems to be a coolant leak already. Looks like it is coming from the left side (passenger side) of the car near the bottom of the radiator. I only noticed it because there were a few drops of coolant that I saw on the garage floor. I can definitely see some coolant looking into the top of the engine bay down by the corner of the radiator as well.

Has anyone had a leak come up like this before? I have a service appointment scheduled for tomorrow... here I got rid of my old F10 to avoid having to fix a bunch of leaks...
Congrats on the new ride UMDterp!
I haven't seen any mention of coolant leaks before, but curious to know what the service department comes back with.

Hoping it's something minor - Keep us updated and best of luck.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 08:08 AM   #3
UMDterp
Rep

Thanks!

So the service dept sent me a video of them pressure testing the system and it turns out there is a leak at one of the joints on the line that feeds the intercooler. No idea yet as to how long it will take to get the replacement part.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 09:14 PM   #4
Slides2021
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMDterp View Post
Thanks!

So the service dept sent me a video of them pressure testing the system and it turns out there is a leak at one of the joints on the line that feeds the intercooler. No idea yet as to how long it will take to get the replacement part.
How did the repair go?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 10:18 PM   #5
UMDterp
Rep

Took 21 days to get the part from Germany, but I guess it’s fixed. No other issues have cropped up as of yet but really haven’t driven a whole lot... just reached 900
Miles.
Appreciate 0