Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Order update.....Uh oh

06-17-2021, 12:32 PM   #243
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobvegas View Post
Update: just received an e-Mail update today telling me that the car has left production after final testing and has commenced its journey to the UK. Not long now to discover what’s on the car!

Anyone know the timeline once production has completed?

Thanks.
Once it’s left Port of Exit it can be about 10 days! My wife’s 220i took just short of that from Cuxhaven to Immingham then to the BMW Distribution Centre at Thorne before arriving at the dealership in the North East. My previous cars have been similar timing. My current order is with a dealership in the Midlands so will be Bremerhaven to Southampton as I suspect yours will be?

A fellow forum member has got me checking the departures out of Bremerhaven now for car carriers heading to Southampton, it’s worse than being a kid waiting for Santa!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 05:27 PM   #244
Bobvegas
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport (G21)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnut View Post
Once it’s left Port of Exit it can be about 10 days! My wife’s 220i took just short of that from Cuxhaven to Immingham then to the BMW Distribution Centre at Thorne before arriving at the dealership in the North East. My previous cars have been similar timing. My current order is with a dealership in the Midlands so will be Bremerhaven to Southampton as I suspect yours will be?

A fellow forum member has got me checking the departures out of Bremerhaven now for car carriers heading to Southampton, it’s worse than being a kid waiting for Santa!
Thanks for letting me know. Think you are right, looks like it will arrive in Southampton.

What have you ordered?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 02:21 AM   #245
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for letting me know. Think you are right, looks like it will arrive in Southampton.

What have you ordered?
440i , expecting a call from the dealer sometime today with an update! 🤞
They’re about 200 miles away from me so a road trip is provisionally planned for the end of the month.
I’m going to check on the VIN decoder later today when I get back home about my wife’s 220i I mentioned in an earlier post to get the actual build date regarding your earlier question. The VIN plate on the driver’s door frame states ‘Built July 2020’ and it was on the road on 30th July!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 02:43 AM   #246
RAFats
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i Mineral White

Quote:
They’re about 200 miles away from me so a road trip is provisionally planned for the end of the month.
I’m going to check on the VIN decoder later today when I get back home about my wife’s 220i I mentioned in an earlier post to get the actual build date regarding your earlier question. The VIN plate on the driver’s door frame states ‘Built July 2020’ and it was on the road on 30th July!
Hijacked on the North Sea enforces a slow paddle for two M440is
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 03:00 AM   #247
Bobvegas
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
A 200 mile road trip in your new 440…sounds like that will be a fun day!

Re to the VIN decoder, I put my new car’s VIN in a decoder and it came up with a car from the early 2000s. I read somewhere that BMW are reusing VINs from cars which have been scrapped.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 03:09 AM   #248
RAFats
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Re to the VIN decoder, I put my new car’s VIN in a decoder and it came up with a car from the early 2000s. I read somewhere that BMW are reusing VINs from cars which have been scrapped.
I’m unsure of the rumour of using numbers that have been scrapped although a number of us have been sidetracked with links to 320s from way back. I believe that you have to wait until the vehicle has been formally registered and had updated VINs by BMW before you will be able to use the VIN decoder for spares and accessories etc. It does make it more difficult to order items in advance of receiving the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 04:06 AM   #249
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

The complete VIN isn’t re-used as I previously, incorrectly mentioned on here! Further research has revealed that the last seven of the VIN (the chassis number reference) is re-used but the characters after the first three (the ‘world identifier’ for country of build) is composed of different letters and numbers that relate to BMW’s code for that particular model variant. So in my case the first three and the last seven match a 320d E46 going back to 2003 but the rest of the VIN doesn’t match.
If you’ve been told your car has been built then if you contact your supplying dealer’s parts department, give them the last seven characters of your VIN the parts locator system (which operates slightly differently) will show the full VIN for your new car. Does that all make sense?
I’ve done this and already managed to order some bits for my new car in advance of it arriving. Presumptuous I know, but faint heart and all that!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 04:07 AM   #250
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFats View Post
Hijacked on the North Sea enforces a slow paddle for two M440is
Will you behave you’re frightening me now!
Appreciate 1
RAFats73.50
      06-18-2021, 04:12 AM   #251
RAFats
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
The complete VIN isn’t re-used as I previously, incorrectly mentioned on here! Further research has revealed that the last seven of the VIN (the chassis number reference) is re-used but the characters after the first three (the ‘world identifier’ for country of build) is composed of different letters and numbers that relate to BMW’s code for that particular model variant. So in my case the first three and the last seven match a 320d E46 going back to 2003 but the rest of the VIN doesn’t match.
If you’ve been told your car has been built then if you contact your supplying dealer’s parts department, give them the last seven characters of your VIN the parts locator system (which operates slightly differently) will show the full VIN for your new car. Does that all make sense?
I’ve done this and already managed to order some bits for my new car in advance of it arriving. Presumptuous I know, but faint heart and all that!
A very clear explanation which helps me; confirmation also of successful purchases which is proof positive. Thank you, again.
Appreciate 1
bmnut785.50
      06-18-2021, 04:12 AM   #252
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Bit more than a 200 mile road trip mate.
Missus saw the opportunity of the first holiday break in two years so booked eleven days worth of hotel stays around the area!
So that’s effectively bollocksed a sizeable chunk of my new car discount!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 04:22 AM   #253
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Just checked this re the above. My wife's car completed assembly at BMW Plant Leipzig on 2/7/20 and was at the dealership on 24/7/20, we collected it a week later after they had put some dealer fitted accessories on it.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 07:06 AM   #254
Bobvegas
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Bit more than a 200 mile road trip mate.
Missus saw the opportunity of the first holiday break in two years so booked eleven days worth of hotel stays around the area!
So that’s effectively bollocksed a sizeable chunk of my new car discount!
Sounds like happy wife = time to enjoy the new 440. Enjoy!

Not sure I can get my wife up for a 200+ road trip with a baby and a 3.5 year old! lol.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 01:10 PM   #255
RIOBLAST
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 330xi G21 ELSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy_Bradders View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIOBLAST View Post
Indeed. Just waiting for them to call.
I cannot wait for that day to arrive, end or August / early September
Got a call today, I'm collecting my car on tuesday.
Appreciate 1
      06-19-2021, 12:15 AM   #256
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIOBLAST View Post
Got a call today, I'm collecting my car on tuesday.
I got a call yesterday mine’s been put back a week, obviously ‘missed the boat’…..oh! bugger!
Appreciate 1
      06-19-2021, 02:43 AM   #257
RAFats
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I got a call yesterday mine’s been put back a week, obviously ‘missed the boat’…..oh! bugger!
Oh no! Bummer! Only an extra week before paradise. Feel for you.
Appreciate 1
bmnut785.50
      06-19-2021, 04:08 AM   #258
Redturtle
Rep
Drives: Audi RS3, Volvo xc40, bmw m340

I'm collecting mine Thursday. Slight delay as m perf parts are being fitted.

Can't wait!
Appreciate 1
      06-19-2021, 05:48 AM   #259
Bobvegas
Private
Rep

Garage List
Getting close for a few of us…

Just seen the VIN of my car is now on the bmw decoder. All looks to be as expected so far. Can’t confirm it will have four wheels yet…
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2021, 06:16 AM   #260
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
I guess the issue isnt the weeks delay but how it fits with the hotels your Mrs has booked!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 08:24 AM   #261
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
I guess the issue isnt the weeks delay but how it fits with the hotels your Mrs has booked!
Well here's the thing.....................................
........following the news of the slight setback(?!) on Friday my wife armed with a bottle of Absolute Vanilla and drawing upon her extensive albeit now somewhat historic PA skills set about changing all the hotel bookings to a fortnight further ahead (allowing an extra week of leeway should any other problems manifest themselves). Several hours later she emerged from a haze of vodka triumphantly announcing that she had successfully re-arranged all the bookings, one in particular for an even better one than we had first seen - bonus) whilst I had sorted out the one-way car hire and a host of other re-schedulings.

First thing this morning the dealer phoned me to gleefully announce that the status had changed on my car at 9am it is now showing 9200 Port of Exit and BMW(AG) have moved it back to wk 26 delivery!!!!

......you couldn't bloody write it!!!

I'm starting to wonder if they've managed to find a tug and a raft in a historic re-make of the legendary Kon-Tiki Expedition!

Have told the dealer to hold the presses and if it now turns up even earlier than expected then he'll have to hang on to it and store it but please not in a muddy field under a large tree full of crows' nests! I think my wife's response was, "Well I'm not bloody changing all them again!"
Appreciate 1
isleaiw18605.50
      06-21-2021, 09:10 AM   #262
Kipper69
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Garage List
2018 BMW 540i  [0.00]
You must just have missed the ship - my new G21 has just arrived in Southampton & is waiting to clear customs.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 09:21 AM   #263
RAFats
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper69 View Post
You must just have missed the ship - my new G21 has just arrived in Southampton & is waiting to clear customs.
He did but mine has just arrived with yours. Might be a next week delivery me thinks
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 09:22 AM   #264
RAFats
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Well here's the thing.....................................
........following the news of the slight setback(?!) on Friday my wife armed with a bottle of Absolute Vanilla and drawing upon her extensive albeit now somewhat historic PA skills set about changing all the hotel bookings to a fortnight further ahead (allowing an extra week of leeway should any other problems manifest themselves). Several hours later she emerged from a haze of vodka triumphantly announcing that she had successfully re-arranged all the bookings, one in particular for an even better one than we had first seen - bonus) whilst I had sorted out the one-way car hire and a host of other re-schedulings.

First thing this morning the dealer phoned me to gleefully announce that the status had changed on my car at 9am it is now showing 9200 Port of Exit and BMW(AG) have moved it back to wk 26 delivery!!!!

......you couldn't bloody write it!!!

I'm starting to wonder if they've managed to find a tug and a raft in a historic re-make of the legendary Kon-Tiki Expedition!

Have told the dealer to hold the presses and if it now turns up even earlier than expected then he'll have to hang on to it and store it but please not in a muddy field under a large tree full of crows' nests! I think my wife's response was, "Well I'm not bloody changing all them again!"
Great news; better it is here than backed up on a train. Next ship out I suspect.
Appreciate 0