Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Order update.....Uh oh

05-26-2021, 01:34 AM   #155
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

I agree. I reckon it’s very much a wait and see at the moment and very much down to each individual whether or not if we are notified of a particular feature being omitted it then becomes a deal breaker?
With regard to the features that potentially appear to most likely be omitted I personally have my own opinion but respect others may feel differently. HK for example, had it in both my previous F32s and rarely ever had it switched on so wouldn’t be bothered ( my wife’s 220i doesn’t have it and the standard set up sounds fine in her car, doesn’t go as loud as HK but there isn’t much difference in the sound quality to my ‘old’ ears!). Wireless charging, useful so you don’t have to plug a charging lead in but I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve left it in there where it’s hidden from view, got to where I was going on foot and then realised where I’d left my bloody phone! Foot operated boot lid / tailgate opener? I never did get this one….the thought of balancing on one leg with an armful of boxes trying to take a penalty kick doesn’t really resonate nor appeal to me I’m afraid!
So all in all from my particular standpoint I’m just looking forward to getting my car ASAP especially since I’ve been without one since mid March and I’m tiring now of having to keep borrowing my wife’s car as nice as it is!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 02:03 AM   #156
paulockenden
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e xDrive Touring

Comfort access is one of those things that sounds a bit naff on paper, but then once you've lived with it for a week you'll never want to go back.
Appreciate 1
goodbyalfa1055.00
      05-26-2021, 03:20 AM   #157
Baldy_Bradders
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G21 MSport Pro & Tech - MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnut View Post
I agree. I reckon it’s very much a wait and see at the moment and very much down to each individual whether or not if we are notified of a particular feature being omitted it then becomes a deal breaker?
With regard to the features that potentially appear to most likely be omitted I personally have my own opinion but respect others may feel differently. HK for example, had it in both my previous F32s and rarely ever had it switched on so wouldn’t be bothered ( my wife’s 220i doesn’t have it and the standard set up sounds fine in her car, doesn’t go as loud as HK but there isn’t much difference in the sound quality to my ‘old’ ears!). Wireless charging, useful so you don’t have to plug a charging lead in but I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve left it in there where it’s hidden from view, got to where I was going on foot and then realised where I’d left my bloody phone! Foot operated boot lid / tailgate opener? I never did get this one….the thought of balancing on one leg with an armful of boxes trying to take a penalty kick doesn’t really resonate nor appeal to me I’m afraid!
So all in all from my particular standpoint I’m just looking forward to getting my car ASAP especially since I’ve been without one since mid March and I’m tiring now of having to keep borrowing my wife’s car as nice as it is!
Sounds like we are both of the same mindset, I do feel for you not having a car through I can only imagine how much of a pain that is, I have my car still as I own it outright. I am however quite an impatient person when it comes to getting new things but it is nice others are in the same boat as me waiting for their new cars.

It is like a support group here for all those affected by the Semiconductor shortage and long lead times
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 03:40 AM   #158
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy_Bradders View Post
Sounds like we are both of the same mindset, I do feel for you not having a car through I can only imagine how much of a pain that is, I have my car still as I own it outright. I am however quite an impatient person when it comes to getting new things but it is nice others are in the same boat as me waiting for their new cars.

It is like a support group here for all those affected by the Semiconductor shortage and long lead times
Yep!.....BOSS...BMW Order Support System...ans we all thought it referred to a German clothing brand!
Appreciate 1
      05-27-2021, 01:07 PM   #159
Satori
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i x-drive G20

Due to this thread highlighting the issues with the supply chain I went into the dealer 2 weeks ago who confirmed that there are issues. I was 30 months into a 3 year PCP but managed to get a decent deal on a car which was in stock. Its being transported from another dealer and arrives tomorrow!

I had decided I wanted a M340i but was having difficulty deciding the colour so had been looking at a few colours at different dealers. I knew what options I wanted and didn't want to lose any of them so did the deal. Ended up with the following:-

M340i
Portimao blue
Oyster interior
Comfort Pack
Visibility Pack
Technology Pack

After a week I was contacted to say the car might not be available and that I may need to get another (Probably black sapphire and black interior) so spent another few hours on the configurator! Eventually the dealer came good and managed to source the car I was originally offered!

Should have picked it up today but transport has been delayed until tomorrow morning so should hopefully get it tomorrow afternoon!

Wasn't looking to change until December so all down to reading a forum!
Appreciate 1
rich100874.50
      05-28-2021, 05:33 AM   #160
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satori View Post
Due to this thread highlighting the issues with the supply chain I went into the dealer 2 weeks ago who confirmed that there are issues. I was 30 months into a 3 year PCP but managed to get a decent deal on a car which was in stock. Its being transported from another dealer and arrives tomorrow!

I had decided I wanted a M340i but was having difficulty deciding the colour so had been looking at a few colours at different dealers. I knew what options I wanted and didn't want to lose any of them so did the deal. Ended up with the following:-

M340i
Portimao blue
Oyster interior
Comfort Pack
Visibility Pack
Technology Pack

After a week I was contacted to say the car might not be available and that I may need to get another (Probably black sapphire and black interior) so spent another few hours on the configurator! Eventually the dealer came good and managed to source the car I was originally offered!

Should have picked it up today but transport has been delayed until tomorrow morning so should hopefully get it tomorrow afternoon!

Nice! Pics on arrival
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 07:12 AM   #161
AndyTo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Just found out that the black marino leather has been removed from my build and the wireless charging, kinda understand the leather but Amazon don't have a problem finding wireless chargers?

I was 50/50 with Marino or m-sport seats anyway, so not upset going with the change so have gone for Cognac m-sport seats, after seeing verysideways picture along with the pano roof I really liked the look.
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2021, 01:32 AM   #162
Bufo802
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e touring (soon)

Finally some promising news after grumbling to the company car lease company again to get them to chase the dealer... apparently is now built and waiting for shipping + haven't been told about any options getting removed (yet, hopefully might have got in just before that).

Will believe it when I see it but fingers crossed!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2021, 01:24 AM   #163
FarmerD
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i Touring

So I had a call from my dealer yesterday - my full merino option is no longer available. Can’t quite understand how leather has been affected by the chip shortage mine you! So now considering my options as I really wanted merino. Might look at m sports seats instead. Also wireless charging has gone along with extended Bluetooth. The former I’m not too worried about but ebt is quite important for as I run two phones. I have asked if ebt is just not coded as it’s part of the option or if the chip isn’t there. Everything else on my order is there though in HK
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2021, 01:42 AM   #164
goodbyalfa
King of the North (living in the east...)
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i mineral white

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD View Post
So I had a call from my dealer yesterday - my full merino option is no longer available. Can't quite understand how leather has been affected by the chip shortage mine you! So now considering my options as I really wanted merino. Might look at m sports seats instead. Also wireless charging has gone along with extended Bluetooth. The former I'm not too worried about but ebt is quite important for as I run two phones. I have asked if ebt is just not coded as it's part of the option or if the chip isn't there. Everything else on my order is there though in HK
M seats are awesome and I love them in mine. They get my vote.
Beware if you have kids however and planned to fit dvd players to the headrest posts, you can't, as there are none... I've discovered this whilst planning for a holiday long trip where I'd normal clip them on...:
2015 330D F30 MSport EBII
2012 Alfa Guilietta 2.0d Veloce
2009 Fiat bravo sport
2000 ST Mondeo
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2021, 02:14 AM   #165
FarmerD
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyalfa View Post
Beware if you have kids however and planned to fit dvd players to the headrest posts, you can't, as there are none... I've discovered this whilst planning for a holiday long trip where I'd normal clip them on...:
Thanks mate. Good to know! They do look awesome.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2021, 02:48 AM   #166
RAFats
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i Mineral White

Quote:
So I had a call from my dealer yesterday - my full merino option is no longer available. Can’t quite understand how leather has been affected by the chip shortage mine you! So now considering my options as I really wanted merino. Might look at m sports seats instead. Also wireless charging has gone along with extended Bluetooth. The former I’m not too worried about but ebt is quite important for as I run two phones. I have asked if ebt is just not coded as it’s part of the option or if the chip isn’t there. Everything else on my order is there though in HK
And can I just confirm, your order was for a M340? Beginning to worry again about my ordered G22 M440 with merino?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2021, 05:20 AM   #167
verysideways
Lateral grip estimator
Rep
Drives: i4, M2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyalfa View Post
Ditto!!
'02 Morgan Aero 8
http://petrolhead.tours
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2021, 05:27 AM   #168
FarmerD
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFats View Post
And can I just confirm, your order was for a M340? Beginning to worry again about my ordered G22 M440 with merino?
An m340i. No sure of that makes a difference

Last edited by FarmerD; 05-30-2021 at 05:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2021, 06:07 AM   #169
RAFats
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i Mineral White

Quote:
An m340i. No sure of that makes a difference
Thanks very much - I suspect the real difference is on the delivery month, or at least I hope so. BMW have been protecting the M340i/d and the M440i/d from option exclusions up until the update from you. Yours may be the first information that this protection has been lifted. My car is for delivery in late June and has entered build. However, it has been in the paint shop for a few weeks now and I am wondering if this means complications over sourcing parts. However, there is no point in thinking this through any further as I cannot control destiny. As many have said though, if options are removed, this may have a bearing on whether or not orders are cancelled. I will try to remain positive. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2021, 06:11 AM   #170
rich100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 320i Xdrive msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satori View Post

M340i
Portimao blue
Oyster interior
Comfort Pack
Visibility Pack
Technology Pack

That sounds very nice

With the constraints on supply were you able to strike any sort of discount on the stock car? I wasn't sure if there is still scope for negotiation at the moment .
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 09:29 AM   #171
GusL
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 M340d Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich100 View Post
That sounds very nice

With the constraints on supply were you able to strike any sort of discount on the stock car? I wasn't sure if there is still scope for negotiation at the moment .
I picked up my m340d on Friday, it was a new (but in-stock) car and I got just under 16% discount, so there is still movement available despite the current problems. FYI it has Tech pack plus, Comfort plus and visibility pack and everything that should be on it is.
Appreciate 1
rich100874.50
      05-31-2021, 09:36 AM   #172
Isow
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusL View Post
I picked up my m340d on Friday, it was a new (but in-stock) car and I got just under 16% discount, so there is still movement available despite the current problems. FYI it has Tech pack plus, Comfort plus and visibility pack and everything that should be on it is.
That’s a good discount under the circumstances.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 09:42 AM   #173
goodbyalfa
King of the North (living in the east...)
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i mineral white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusL View Post
That’s a good discount under the circumstances.
Similar level to me, on a show room M340i.
The only thing is you end up with options you might have done without for a cheaper price, but... I love toys so whatever.
2015 330D F30 MSport EBII
2012 Alfa Guilietta 2.0d Veloce
2009 Fiat bravo sport
2000 ST Mondeo
Appreciate 1
rich100874.50
      06-01-2021, 02:33 PM   #174
Satori
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i x-drive G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich100 View Post
That sounds very nice

Still managed to get approx 15% discount!
Appreciate 1
rich100874.50
      06-02-2021, 09:21 AM   #175
MD707
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

From my dealer - seems its still a bit of a mess.

"I am afraid there is no availability until September now and they will come with various missing parts like the phone charging pad, rear boot opener for comfort access. The M340 is not affected by loss of HK sound at present but it will get worse I am sure....."

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
I would have gone for them if they'd been available when I placed my order.
Why do so many complain about the stock seats? I have zero issue with them. I drove London to Glasgow and back and found them great. The M seats look better and I would totally spec them now, but.....eh? Rather have stock than, say, the G80 carbon seats (which are for Instagram).
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 09:30 AM   #176
paulockenden
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e xDrive Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by G21-M340i View Post
Why do so many complain about the stock seats?
I had comfort seats in my E60 and they were sublime.

I find the stock G20 seats uncomfortable because of the position of the pedals relative to the seat. Sitting straight in the seat the accelerator is slightly to the right. If the seat was swiveled perhaps 5 degrees clockwise I'm sure it would be fine.

I wonder whether it's a LHD/RHD thing? Perhaps the seats are better in the car's original configuration?

Last edited by paulockenden; 06-02-2021 at 09:31 AM.. Reason: Typos
Appreciate 0