Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Wheels and Tires ZTK Performance Tire/Cooling Package Not Available?

05-12-2021, 09:40 AM   #1
homerles
Rep
Drives: bmw m340i

ZTK Performance Tire/Cooling Package Not Available?

Hello

I recently ordered an m340i and I thought I had optioned it with the ZTK package but it did not come with it. I have been working with my dealer and they told me that they ahve escalated the inquiry to BMW NA, and they have not responded for many days. So my dealer was telling me that the option is currently unavailable because according to my SA, he tried to order the car with the option but it wouldn't let him.

My dealer also told me certain options such as the Harmon Kardon audio system is unavailable as well. I was wondering if certain packages are just unavailable?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 01:10 AM   #2
Datemike
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerles View Post
Hello

I recently ordered an m340i and I thought I had optioned it with the ZTK package but it did not come with it. I have been working with my dealer and they told me that they ahve escalated the inquiry to BMW NA, and they have not responded for many days. So my dealer was telling me that the option is currently unavailable because according to my SA, he tried to order the car with the option but it wouldn't let him.

My dealer also told me certain options such as the Harmon Kardon audio system is unavailable as well. I was wondering if certain packages are just unavailable?

Thanks
Did the build sheet you received from the dealer after placing the order list ZTK package? AFAIK, ZTK package has always been available. Sounds like there was a mix-up either when your order was put in (common) or the factory messed up (rare but I've seen it happen).
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2021, 11:18 AM   #3
homerles
Rep
Drives: bmw m340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datemike View Post
Did the build sheet you received from the dealer after placing the order list ZTK package? AFAIK, ZTK package has always been available. Sounds like there was a mix-up either when your order was put in (common) or the factory messed up (rare but I've seen it happen).
No it didn't but my dealer is telling me that when they placed the order, it wouldn't let them have the ZTK package and substituted it for the all-season run-flats. And they were telling me how some options like the harmon kardon system is unavailable for the 3 series right now...
Appreciate 0