Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions Ideally about to be a first time BMW owner. Currently viewing a 2009 x5 eDrive35d. It

04-23-2024, 11:21 PM   #1
dirtydiesel
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E70 M57

Ideally about to be a first time BMW owner. Currently viewing a 2009 x5 eDrive35d. It

E70 M57 ISTA+ connection issue

Ideally about to be a first time BMW owner. Currently viewing a 2009 x5 eDrive35d. It has no check engine lights, and I have seen the car 3 times now.
Only issues I am noticing aside from interior cosmetics and a salvage title are a hard engine shut off (slight jerk feeling), and a pop noise on full lock turn with gas.

I want to connect the car to ISTA+, to view the full system tree and anything that could be going on in there.
I am using edibias. So far, I have changed the latency to 1, set COM9, increased the 3 values in edibias.
There was another .ini file that I saw instructions to edit, but it wasn't there in the file system oddly enough.

I just installed FTDI drivers, I was not using them earlier.

Settings in ISTA+ are on edibias and I am unsure of how to move forward. Going to set this post up and do some more searching and reading.
Going to see the car again tomorrow after work and want to do a professional PPI also. Any pointers are appreciated.

Attached are screenshots of whats happening in ISTA+
Attached Images

Last edited by dirtydiesel; 04-23-2024 at 11:24 PM.. Reason: Title update.
Appreciate 0