Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs Interior and exterior cleaning products for car with ppf and ceramic coating

10-17-2022, 02:40 PM   #1
Savvymarvy
Marvelous
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW m340

Interior and exterior cleaning products for car with ppf and ceramic coating

Hi guys, I just got my car in brooklyn grey, and I had front end ppf + rear bumpers and ceramic coating on the entire car. I need some advise regarding the right way/products to keep the car looking brand new. Interior is sensatec. So far this is what I'm leaning towards.

Exterior:
-General regular soap wash for exterior with microfiber cloth
-Sonax polymer Netshield topper(advise on frequency)

Wheels:
-Wash wheels with brush and Chemical Guys Diablo gel cleaner
- Exoforma Permashine tire coating

Interior seats/dash:
-Chemical guys interior cleaner

Glass surfaces:
??

Steering wheel:
??

Kindly let me know any recommendations for the specific parts including type of brush, or clothes to use. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 05:25 PM   #2
resident
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i xdrive GC

Personally I wouldn't bother with the Sonax if you have ppf and ceramic.

For tires I prefer adam's graphene tire dressing, but that's largely personal preference depending on how shiny you like things.

For glass stoner invisible glass has always worked well for me. Is your glass ceramic coated as well?

One area not on your list is rubber/plastic, I can't vouch for it, but am going to try nextzett Gummi Pflege Stift for the "rubber" bits.

There are lots of different options for interior and plastic, most work pretty well but they can make things shiny, so it's a matter of personal preference. Be careful with overspray, it's really easy to think you are spraying on a towel and miss the little bits that have landed all over your door card making it look like you sneezed.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 09:01 AM   #3
Savvymarvy
Marvelous
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW m340

Quote:
Originally Posted by resident View Post
Personally I wouldn't bother with the Sonax if you have ppf and ceramic.

For tires I prefer adam's graphene tire dressing, but that's largely personal preference depending on how shiny you like things.

For glass stoner invisible glass has always worked well for me. Is your glass ceramic coated as well?

One area not on your list is rubber/plastic, I can't vouch for it, but am going to try nextzett Gummi Pflege Stift for the "rubber" bits.

There are lots of different options for interior and plastic, most work pretty well but they can make things shiny, so it's a matter of personal preference. Be careful with overspray, it's really easy to think you are spraying on a towel and miss the little bits that have landed all over your door card making it look like you sneezed.
Thanks, and I forgot to say, I have ceramic tints on all the glasses, so I need something that would not damage the tints. I know the interior was not ceramic coated, not sure if the exterior glasses were also ceramic coated. I would assume so though
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2022, 05:47 AM   #4
tgrundke
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '23 M340xi; '16 GTI Autobahn

Garage List
2023 M340  [10.00]
I'm a fan of Griot's products. For whatever reason they don't seem to have the same market traction as Adam's or Chemical Bros, but I've been happy with their product line. A few examples:

Interior Cleaner

Leather Care

The leather care product leaves a really nice scent. I actually use it on our leather sofa periodically as my wife really likes the feel and smell after it's cleaned.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2022, 09:47 AM   #5
smatanovic
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 i4 eDrive 40 mSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrundke View Post
I'm a fan of Griot's products. For whatever reason they don't seem to have the same market traction as Adam's or Chemical Bros, but I've been happy with their product line. A few examples:

Interior Cleaner

Leather Care

The leather care product leaves a really nice scent. I actually use it on our leather sofa periodically as my wife really likes the feel and smell after it's cleaned.
I prefer Griot's products as well. For the exterior, I apply Ceramic 3 in 1 wax over the ceramic coating about 1x per year. For maintenance washes, I usually go with a two-step touchless method; BOSS Foaming Surface Wash (apply to a dry car, 10 minute dwell time followed by a full rinse); and then Ceramic Wash and Coat (also in a foaming tool, one half of the car at a time, 1-2 minute dwell time, then rinse). Then dry using the matador technique (I don't have an air compressor or leaf blower).

I've used this method successfully on my last two car, and only have to contact wash when they get VERY dirty (like after a winter road trip with lots of salt and spray).
Appreciate 2
tgrundke314.00
      11-01-2022, 07:44 PM   #6
peelerec
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i Mineral Grey

Garage List
2022 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvymarvy View Post
Hi guys, I just got my car in brooklyn grey, and I had front end ppf + rear bumpers and ceramic coating on the entire car. I need some advise regarding the right way/products to keep the car looking brand new. Interior is sensatec. So far this is what I'm leaning towards.

Exterior:
-General regular soap wash for exterior with microfiber cloth
-Sonax polymer Netshield topper(advise on frequency)

Wheels:
-Wash wheels with brush and Chemical Guys Diablo gel cleaner
- Exoforma Permashine tire coating

Interior seats/dash:
-Chemical guys interior cleaner

Glass surfaces:
??

Steering wheel:
??

Kindly let me know any recommendations for the specific parts including type of brush, or clothes to use. Thanks
Exterior:
-General regular soap wash for exterior with microfiber cloth - I would suggest a PH neutral car shampoo since it is PPF and ceramic coated. Koch Chemie GSF is extremely popular amongst the youtube detail lords.
-Sonax polymer Netshield topper(advise on frequency)-Imo, any topper would work well. I use P&S Bead marker for weekly washes. Every 6 months I'll hit the car with something a little strong such as Gyeon WetCoat

Wheels:
-Wash wheels with brush and Chemical Guys Diablo gel cleaner-I hated the Chemical Guys Diable Gel Cleaner. It is horrible. Once I went to P&S Brake Buster, I can never go back
- Exoforma Permashine tire coating - CarPro Pearl can be diluted to be used for exterior and interior rubber, plastic and trim. Its the best economical multi purpose trim protectant.

Interior seats/dash:
-Chemical guys interior cleaner - I used to love Chemical Guys as well, until I discovered what the professionals use. I much prefer P&S Xpress Interior, Gyeon Interior Detail, CarPro InnerQD, or CarPro Inside

Glass surfaces:
??Stoners is the go to. I also use CarPro Glass as well.

Steering wheel:
??Use a dedicated Leather Cleaner plus leather coating. I use either the Gyeon Leather Cleaner plus leather care ceramic coating, or Colourlock leather cleaner + Care
      11-03-2022, 05:01 AM   #7
ultrared93
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '21 M340ix '93 300zxTT QX30

Quote:
Originally Posted by peelerec View Post
Exterior:
-General regular soap wash for exterior with microfiber cloth - I would suggest a PH neutral car shampoo since it is PPF and ceramic coated. Koch Chemie GSF is extremely popular amongst the youtube detail lords.
Use a microfiber mitt or pad, not just a cloth. Use a car shampoo that does not contain any waxes or sealants. GSF is great, but expensive. Adams works well.
-Sonax polymer Netshield topper(advise on frequency)-Imo, any topper would work well. I use P&S Bead maker for weekly washes. Every 6 months I'll hit the car with something a little strong such as Gyeon WetCoat
I second the Bead Maker recommendation. Use it as a drying aid as it lubricates and helps prevent scratching from drying towels.

Wheels:
-Wash wheels with brush and Chemical Guys Diablo gel cleaner-I hated the Chemical Guys Diable Gel Cleaner. It is horrible. Once I went to P&S Brake Buster, I can never go back
Another vote for Brake Buster. It is also great for cleaning the tires. While still wet, I spray Wet Coat on the wheels and immediately rinse off. It helps reduce brake dust adherence.
- Exoforma Permashine tire coating - CarPro Pearl can be diluted to be used for exterior and interior rubber, plastic and trim. Its the best economical multi purpose trim protectant.
Pearl is great, but lately I've been very happy with Adams graphene tire dressing.

Interior seats/dash:
-Chemical guys interior cleaner - I used to love Chemical Guys as well, until I discovered what the professionals use. I much prefer P&S Xpress Interior, Gyeon Interior Detail, CarPro InnerQD, or CarPro Inside
Concur.

Glass surfaces:
??Stoners is the go to. I also use CarPro Glass as well.
Concur.

Steering wheel:
??Use a dedicated Leather Cleaner plus leather coating. I use either the Gyeon Leather Cleaner plus leather care ceramic coating, or Colourlock leather cleaner + Care
Concur.
Comments as noted above.
Appreciate 0