Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs Best newbie cleaning kit?

11-03-2022, 11:39 PM   #1
MasterOfNone
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW m340

Best newbie cleaning kit?

Looking for the best newbie cleaning kit if there is an all in one?

Sensatech interior

Also what’s the best/easiest way to clean carpet? I’d like to get into just standard detailing, nothing insane… just clean.

Side note- only thing I really have available is touchless laser washes. No place to wash at home where I live. The self power wash psi is awful.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2022, 02:25 PM   #2
Tman97
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW m340i portimao blue

There is no best best all in one cleaning kit for a newbie. Check out autopia.org for more cleaning information than you can handle. I would just stay away from Armor All products as they are cheap and make everything look cheap. Griot's Garage and Adam's Polishes probably make the most complete lines of products for both interiors and exteriors. As for keeping your carpet clean, the easiest thing to do is make sure you have good all weather mats. Take the mats out every once in a while and clean them and use a shop vac on the carpets while the mats are out. If you really need to clean a spot or two on the carpet, just mix a spray bottle with water and 4-5 drops of Dawn dishwashing liquid mixed in it. Spray the spots, then scrub with a clean rag and just let them dry.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2022, 03:52 PM   #3
MasterOfNone
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW m340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman97 View Post
There is no best best all in one cleaning kit for a newbie. Check out autopia.org for more cleaning information than you can handle. I would just stay away from Armor All products as they are cheap and make everything look cheap. Griot's Garage and Adam's Polishes probably make the most complete lines of products for both interiors and exteriors. As for keeping your carpet clean, the easiest thing to do is make sure you have good all weather mats. Take the mats out every once in a while and clean them and use a shop vac on the carpets while the mats are out. If you really need to clean a spot or two on the carpet, just mix a spray bottle with water and 4-5 drops of Dawn dishwashing liquid mixed in it. Spray the spots, then scrub with a clean rag and just let them dry.

Dope thanks. Very snowy where I am, was thinking about one of those heated portable spot cleaners. The bissel one
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2022, 09:30 AM   #4
peelerec
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i Mineral Grey

Garage List
2022 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman97 View Post

Dope thanks. Very snowy where I am, was thinking about one of those heated portable spot cleaners. The bissel one
That one works well. But most people aren't willing to take it out, set it up, and actually use it 😂