Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs Ceramic Coating Scratches

01-06-2023, 12:23 PM   #1
jg4c
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i XDrive

Ceramic Coating Scratches

One year old Dravit Grey M340I was originally ceramic coated with Nanolex 3 year Si3D HD. Professionally done.

I've recently noticed after a proper washing, some light scratches, and marring in a few areas of the paint.
Pretty sure it's in the ceramic coating only, and has not gone any deeper into the clear coat.

I've tried using a little Meguiars Scratch X, but it does not get rid of the problem.

Short of going back to the detailer and haveing it professionally polished out, does anyone know of a wipe on,
wipe off product that can remove the scratches, without removing or damaging the coating?

I've done a search, but have not found a product for removing blemishes in the coating.

Plenty of products that remove scratches from bare paint, but I'm getting the impression those can't be
used on ceramic coated paint.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2023, 12:56 PM   #2
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Ceramic coating isn't much different from how your clearcoat works. You will need a light polish and the coating reapplied in those areas.