Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Tracking vehicles built at the San Luis Potosí, Mexico assembly plant?

04-16-2021, 06:26 PM   #661
JJinPA
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '21 330i MSport (G20) X3 (F25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twssas View Post
I don’t mind the wait as much as not knowing

My CA text me earlier today (after I had already spoke to the genius), and said my car sitting at the port waiting on a boat assignment. I didn’t follow up with to verify it was Veracruz as the genius had said.

Another long weekend
I think there are several possible ships coming to each port so you should be on a boat in the next couple of days. Not sure if the Clipper is going to Veracruz after Altamira.
Emailed the sales manager and he ended up with the same information as the Genius so he emailed his factory rep to find out what is going on. I am hoping it is just some misplaced paperwork and the car is at the port but with my luck someone ran into it with a forklift in the parking lot and they are trying to fix it. Not all bad since I get to drive the E90 a little longer.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 07:52 PM   #662
Feras2000
Rep
Drives: 18 corvette Z06 and 21 m340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJinPA View Post
I think there are several possible ships coming to each port so you should be on a boat in the next couple of days. Not sure if the Clipper is going to Veracruz after Altamira.
Emailed the sales manager and he ended up with the same information as the Genius so he emailed his factory rep to find out what is going on. I am hoping it is just some misplaced paperwork and the car is at the port but with my luck someone ran into it with a forklift in the parking lot and they are trying to fix it. Not all bad since I get to drive the E90 a little longer.
At least we aren’t suffering alone, to this point I was convinced my car was lost in transit. Lol my only issue is my lease in my current daily driver ends extension on May 8 and I certainly don’t wanna drive my vette in the rain xed fingers
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2021, 04:48 AM   #663
twssas
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340xi, 2018 X5, 2014 Z4

I have already extended my current lease by 30 days. Good through May 12. Hopefully this will all resolve by then. ( a positive note is that we enjoy driving current 340, and keeps miles off the others)

Good thing we started this process early. Actually started end of December, and tried to get an individual color in ordered, but failed to get an allocation for Germany to build it. Then in February, changed color, and dealer had to do a swap with another dealer to even get us an allocation to build this one, so the build did not begin until end of March.

Even with the waiting and delays, in my opinion, it is still much preferred to order a car with the specs you want. (works for us)
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2021, 08:21 AM   #664
Feras2000
Rep

Quote:
I have already extended my current lease by 30 days. Good through May 12. Hopefully this will all resolve by then. ( a positive note is that we enjoy driving current 340, and keeps miles off the others)

Good thing we started this process early. Actually started end of December, and tried to get an individual color in ordered, but failed to get an allocation for Germany to build it. Then in February, changed color, and dealer had to do a swap with another dealer to even get us an allocation to build this one, so the build did not begin until end of March.

Even with the waiting and delays, in my opinion, it is still much preferred to order a car with the specs you want. (works for us)
Yeah I couldn’t find one with the combo of adjustable suspension, bigger brakes, and the driver assist in portimao and black wheels anywhere in the country. I want it my way dang it lol
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2021, 06:03 PM   #665
Datemike
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 330e

Quote:
Just called the Genius line to see if they had port or ship information. The person I spoke with said the car was finished on the 5th but there was no indication of any movement since then. He suggested I call my CA since the dealer may have access to more information than he does. Looks like I may still be at the factory.
I'm in a similar situation. Finished production on 9th but the car has been sitting in ready for transport status since. Genius confirmed today that the car hasn't left factory. I would imagine that once it does hit the port, whenever that might be, there will be additional delays again to get on a ship. Sucks all around.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 06:23 PM   #666
twssas
Private First Class
Rep

Checked earlier today with Genius. Still nothing. 12 days since car was completed.

Glovis Clipper and the Adria Ace both stop in Veracruz next day or two. They both ultimately arrive in Brunswick 4/25 and 4/26 respectively

So, maybe, just maybe we may get lucky. One can always hope
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 06:46 PM   #667
Feras2000
Rep

Quote:
Checked earlier today with Genius. Still nothing. 12 days since car was completed.

Glovis Clipper and the Adria Ace both stop in Veracruz next day or two. They both ultimately arrive in Brunswick 4/25 and 4/26 respectively

So, maybe, just maybe we may get lucky. One can always hope
i talked with one today that said 3-5 weeks was common mine was completed 3/29. ugh...just called my sales rep to tell him im trading in my lease this week so they can get the transaction done. Only buying german built ones from now on.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 08:36 PM   #668
JJinPA
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feras2000 View Post
i talked with one today that said 3-5 weeks was common mine was completed 3/29. ugh...just called my sales rep to tell him im trading in my lease this week so they can get the transaction done. Only buying german built ones from now on.
I was reading back through the thread and the conversation last month sounded exactly the same as we all are having now. Kind of funny.

Everyone's status updated about the same time and it looks like it didn't change until after they were on the ship. Seems like the ships are about a month apart so we should be on one soon. I still have hope for the Glovis Clipper which is just about to reach Veracruz so we should hear something in the next couple of days if we make that ship.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 09:02 PM   #669
Feras2000
Rep

Quote:
I was reading back through the thread and the conversation last month sounded exactly the same as we all are having now. Kind of funny.

Everyone's status updated about the same time and it looks like it didn't change until after they were on the ship. Seems like the ships are about a month apart so we should be on one soon. I still have hope for the Glovis Clipper which is just about to reach Veracruz so we should hear something in the next couple of days if we make that ship.
Oh I’m not canceling my deal, I just didn’t wanna drive my vette in the rain, but it seems that’s unavoidable unless the bmw shows up by the end of next week, my subarus lease is up May 8 without possibility of extension, and worth $6000 more than its residual value so I need to cash that in prior to the 8th...was hoping to be behind the wheel of my bmw by then.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 08:49 AM   #670
twssas
Private First Class
Rep

Currently Glovis Clipper (arrived last night from Altamira), and the Adria Ace are both docked in Veracruz. Both are headed for Brunswick arriving 4/25 and 4/26.

Tomorrow, the ARC Patriot is due in Altamira, with arrival in Brunswick on 4/27.

You would think a number of BMW's are ready and waiting at the port to get on one of these ships

Maybe today is the day. (one can always hope)
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 09:40 PM   #671
nooobimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M340Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowM340 View Post
Looks amazing! Enjoy my friend
myM340 and ShadowM340 picked up my car yesterday evening from PA. It was such a beautiful drive back from reading in this amazing baby!
Will take a few pictures and create a post over the weekend. ShadowM340 did you get yours?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 12:52 AM   #672
myM340
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooobimmer View Post
myM340 and ShadowM340 picked up my car yesterday evening from PA. It was such a beautiful drive back from reading in this amazing baby!
Will take a few pictures and create a post over the weekend. ShadowM340 did you get yours?
Congrats!! Enjoy your new toy in good health! After about a week of ownership I can say this is an excellent daily driver. I was on the fence about this car in 2020 and I should've pulled the trigger..lifes too short. I can get away with eco mode if I wanted to in the city. Comfort is great for the city and more than enough for NYC highways. Sports transforms the car into a very responsive and quick accelerating beast. Watch that speedometer!

Can't wait to see those pics! 🙂
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 11:12 AM   #673
ShadowM340
Private
Rep
Drives: (Ordered) 2021 BMW M340 xDrive

Quote:
Congratulations! Enjoy it my friend! I don't know what the hold up is but still hasn't arrived at the dealer for me. I am hoping to pick it up this weekend - going to call my CA to see what's going on.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 03:36 PM   #674
JJinPA
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Currently Glovis Clipper (arrived last night from Altamira), and the Adria Ace are both docked in Veracruz. Both are headed for Brunswick arriving 4/25 and 4/26.

Tomorrow, the ARC Patriot is due in Altamira, with arrival in Brunswick on 4/27.

You would think a number of BMW's are ready and waiting at the port to get on one of these ships

Maybe today is the day. (one can always hope)
Just got some good news. The sales manager heard back from his factory rep and my car is scheduled to arrive in the US on 5/3. I checked the port of NY/NJ site and the Glovis Clipper is scheduled to arrive on 5/3 with a cargo of BMWs.
The MyBMW site has not updated status yet but we may be on the way.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 04:39 PM   #675
Feras2000
Rep

Quote:
Just got some good news. The sales manager heard back from his factory rep and my car is scheduled to arrive in the US on 5/3. I checked the port of NY/NJ site and the Glovis Clipper is scheduled to arrive on 5/3 with a cargo of BMWs.
god i hope my car is there it was completed at least a week prior to yours
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 04:51 PM   #676
twssas
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Congratulations!

Well, I got excited, so I called the Genius. Still at the port. My car was finished on April 8, so you are a few days ahead. Has been at the port since April 13th according to the Genius. Oh well.

Tomorrow is another day
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 05:15 PM   #677
JJinPA
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Congratulations!

Well, I got excited, so I called the Genius. Still at the port. My car was finished on April 8, so you are a few days ahead. Has been at the port since April 13th according to the Genius. Oh well.

Tomorrow is another day
Don't give up hope. Last month some were told they were still at the factory on the 23rd but later in the day their status updated and they were told the ship departed on the 22nd so the genius doesn't seem to have accurate information. I'm still not celebrating until the tracking status changes.

Last edited by JJinPA; 04-21-2021 at 05:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 10:33 PM   #678
nooobimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M340Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowM340 View Post
Congratulations! Enjoy it my friend! I don't know what the hold up is but still hasn't arrived at the dealer for me. I am hoping to pick it up this weekend - going to call my CA to see what's going on.
seriously? oh wow! I hope you get it this weekend!!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 11:12 PM   #679
ShadowM340
Private
Rep
Drives: (Ordered) 2021 BMW M340 xDrive

Quote:
seriously? oh wow! I hope you get it this weekend!!
So apparently the BMW Genius was wrong and it didn't leave the port of Baltimore until today!! Estimated arrival at dealer is 4/25...frustrating but is what it is I guess. Will keep you posted, cant wait to see pics of yours!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 04:55 AM   #680
Feras2000
Rep

Quote:
Don't give up hope. Last month some were told they were still at the factory on the 23rd but later in the day their status updated and they were told the ship departed on the 22nd so the genius doesn't seem to have accurate information. I'm still not celebrating until the tracking status changes.
Tracker now says at the port...doesn’t identify a ship but changed from ready to transport

Scratch that in transit...maybe same boat

Last edited by Feras2000; 04-22-2021 at 06:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 06:26 AM   #681
twssas
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feras2000 View Post
Tracker now says at the port...doesn’t identify a ship but changed from ready to transport

Scratch that in transit...maybe same boat
Overnight my tracker jumped all the way from ready for transport to in transit! Could be on the same boat as you!

Just a guess, but could be Glovis Clipper arriving Brunswick 4/25 at 6PM or the Adria Ace arriving 4/26 at 6pm. I'll call the genius later this morning and find out.

Just checked. It is on the Glovis Clipper departing from Veracruz.

Last edited by twssas; 04-22-2021 at 08:10 AM.. Reason: new information
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 10:23 AM   #682
Feras2000
Rep

Quote:
Overnight my tracker jumped all the way from ready for transport to in transit! Could be on the same boat as you!

Just a guess, but could be Glovis Clipper arriving Brunswick 4/25 at 6PM or the Adria Ace arriving 4/26 at 6pm. I'll call the genius later this morning and find out.

Just checked. It is on the Glovis Clipper departing from Veracruz.
Yep called them mines on the Glovis Clipper, hooray, here’s to calm seas
Appreciate 0