Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions New soon-to-be-owner of 2021 M340i xDrive

04-09-2021, 05:38 PM   #133
davefromfla
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M440ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
So my car has arrived at the dealer but I'm unable to pick it up yet. Went to check it out after hours and oh my, what a tease. It's under wraps still but I could see the beauty of the beast. One thing I was very happy about and the main reason I ordered the ZTK package is THIS (Michelin PS4s tires). I was not going to tolerate shitty run flats. There was no guarantee I'd be getting the PS4s so this was a big relief all considering.
I got the same package with the PS4s. great tires- you should love them.
      04-09-2021, 08:16 PM   #134
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Picked up the car from the dealer today. Fantastic! It's everything I had hoped it would be though I haven't driven many miles yet. I just know that this is going to bring lots of joy every time I get in the car.

I will post a separate delivery thread.
Appreciate 3
madpistol1740.50
wtwo317945.00
      04-09-2021, 09:04 PM   #135
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Picked up the car from the dealer today. Fantastic! It's everything I had hoped it would be though I haven't driven many miles yet. I just know that this is going to bring lots of joy every time I get in the car.

Congratulations. Good luck, enjoy and be safe.
TiMSport12792.50
      04-09-2021, 10:15 PM   #136
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Congratulations. Good luck, enjoy and be safe.
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 06:47 AM   #137
thewusman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M340i Xdrive - Mineral Grey

Quote:

Congrats !

It's an awesome car and special ride.

Looking forward to the delivery pics.
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12792.50
      04-12-2021, 08:19 AM   #138
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewusman View Post
Congrats !

It's an awesome car and special ride.

Looking forward to the delivery pics.
Thanks! I actually created a separate thread including some delivery pics.

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1815810
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 10:10 AM   #139
Nova87
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i, Jaguar FPace S

Quote:
Thanks! I actually created a separate thread including some delivery pics.

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1815810
I'm jealous - I'm supposed to be picking mine up Thursday. About 10 days from the day it arrived in Baltimore and nearly 4 months after I placed the order. Cautiously excited.

Best of luck with your car. The pictures in the other thread are making me less annoyed at my wait time.
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12792.50
      04-12-2021, 10:59 AM   #140
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova87 View Post
I'm jealous - I'm supposed to be picking mine up Thursday. About 10 days from the day it arrived in Baltimore and nearly 4 months after I placed the order. Cautiously excited.

Best of luck with your car. The pictures in the other thread are making me less annoyed at my wait time.
Hey that's only another 3 days from now. You made it this far. All I can say is you're going to be very happy once you're behind the wheel of your new baby. I feel really fortunate seeing that you had to wait twice as long as I did to take delivery. Since your car was built at the same factory in MX, I wonder why so long.

I'll look forward to seeing your own delivery thread in the near future!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 10:51 PM   #141
Nova87
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Hey that's only another 3 days from now. You made it this far. All I can say is you're going to be very happy once you're behind the wheel of your new baby. I feel really fortunate seeing that you had to wait twice as long as I did to take delivery. Since your car was built at the same factory in MX, I wonder why so long.

I'll look forward to seeing your own delivery thread in the near future!
So was actually on my way to Baltimore and received a call that my car was still not at the dealership despite being delivered to the port on 4/6. Fortunately I was only about 1 hour and 15 mins into my trip.

I had an appointment to pick up the car at 11 am tomorrow and decided to go down the night before, turn in the Jag and pick up my new car.

After a 10 min or so discussion the dealer said he couldn't be sure that the car would be at the dealer tomorrow so I decided to turn around and go home. The dealer said they would ship the car to me early next week at no charge. Very disappointed but not much you can do. He did confirm that the build was completed on 2/26 (for a car that was ordered on 1/10) and the car didn't ship until 3/22. Arrived in Baltimore on 4/6 and won't be delivered until the 19th or 20th. Really had no answers for the lengthy delays at each stop.

Will now have to reschedule an inspection on the Jag and go through that process again since the pre termination inspection is only good for 60 days.

Broker and dealer were really trying to make it happen but I'll have to wait a few more days.

My car is not a special order, no port installed options. Not sure why the delays.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 11:39 PM   #142
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
So was actually on my way to Baltimore and received a call that my car was still not at the dealership despite being delivered to the port on 4/6. Fortunately I was only about 1 hour and 15 mins into my trip.

I had an appointment to pick up the car at 11 am tomorrow and decided to go down the night before, turn in the Jag and pick up my new car.

After a 10 min or so discussion the dealer said he couldn't be sure that the car would be at the dealer tomorrow so I decided to turn around and go home. The dealer said they would ship the car to me early next week at no charge. Very disappointed but not much you can do. He did confirm that the build was completed on 2/26 (for a car that was ordered on 1/10) and the car didn't ship until 3/22. Arrived in Baltimore on 4/6 and won't be delivered until the 19th or 20th. Really had no answers for the lengthy delays at each stop.

Will now have to reschedule an inspection on the Jag and go through that process again since the pre termination inspection is only good for 60 days.

Broker and dealer were really trying to make it happen but I'll have to wait a few more days.

My car is not a special order, no port installed options. Not sure why the delays.
Oh man, sorry to hear that. Yeah I can't understand what all the delays were for, especially since you didn't have any special port add-ons. Very strange. Just checked and my tag on the door frame says it was built on 2/21. Placed order on 2/10 so that was a pretty quick turn. However, transport time and sitting around seems to be a majority of the overall time. Picked it up at dealer on 4/9.

You know I'm wondering if your dealer even placed an order at the time you think they did. I don't see how it's possible you placed your order much earlier than I did, yet the car was built 5 days later than mine. I've heard rumors some dealers have more pull than others. I do think mine has some pull but not sure that has anything to do with it (i.e. BMW Center of Excellence award every year).
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2021, 03:12 PM   #143
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Nova87, any updates on your car?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 06:56 AM   #144
Nova87
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Nova87, any updates on your car?
The car made it to the dealership late Thursday. They are going to Fed ex the paperwork to me while they arrange shipping to my house.

Looks like the earliest I'll have it is Tuesday/Wednesday of this coming week.

At this point I'm mildly annoyed at the whole process but keep reminding myself at the end of the day, it's just another car.
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12792.50
      04-18-2021, 09:20 AM   #145
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
The car made it to the dealership late Thursday. They are going to Fed ex the paperwork to me while they arrange shipping to my house.

Looks like the earliest I'll have it is Tuesday/Wednesday of this coming week.

At this point I'm mildly annoyed at the whole process but keep reminding myself at the end of the day, it's just another car.
Oh that's right, they're arranging a delivery to your home. Hang in there, just a few more days! I'll look forward to hearing about it when you finally take delivery of the beast.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2021, 07:09 PM   #146
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Nova87, what's the word? Still no delivery of your car?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2021, 11:49 PM   #147
Nova87
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Nova87, what's the word? Still no delivery of your car?
It made it here on Friday night. Had to strip the white plastic, take some styrofoam off and a couple of other assorted things.

Still setting things up and experiencing the CarPlay issues that I've read about. But that's nitpicking.

You didn't hear from me because I was out driving it!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
TiMSport12792.50
Moonbags230.00
      04-26-2021, 10:43 AM   #148
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
It made it here on Friday night. Had to strip the white plastic, take some styrofoam off and a couple of other assorted things.

Still setting things up and experiencing the CarPlay issues that I've read about. But that's nitpicking.

You didn't hear from me because I was out driving it!!
Hey man congratulations on finally taking delivery of your car! That's great news. Great looking ride you've got too! Admittedly it's odd to read about having to remove the plastic and shipping materials from the car yourself, lol. Actually that's kind of a cool experience as most people don't get to do that.

I don't blame you for not being around the past few days because of course you're gonna want to be driving that bad boy! Looking forward to hearing more about your thoughts.
Appreciate 1
Nova8722.50
      05-08-2021, 02:22 PM   #149
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Just wanted to add a comment about the props this car gets from other people. I'm sure many of you have experienced similar situations but I have never owned a car that got as many compliments as the M340i. Just random people I don't know that see you pull into a parking lot or getting into your car and saying stuff like "nice BMW, man", "that's a nice car", etc.

While sitting outside of a cafe yesterday having some coffee and in plain view of my car parked a short distance away I hear people walking by saying "man I love the new BMWs" or "damn" and even "I don't think this is a normal one". It's kind of a nice feeling, lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 04:27 PM   #150
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Quote:
While sitting outside of a cafe yesterday having some coffee and in plain view of my car parked a short distance away I hear people walking by saying "man I love the new BMWs" or "damn" and even "I don't think this is a normal one". It's kind of a nice feeling, lol.
People might have thought yours is a M car.

The most interesting compliment came from a Model 3 owner, who said the body design of G20 is much better than Model 3. He then disclosed that the 3-year lease of his Model 3 costed 50%+ of the new car, ouch!!! Typically BMW charges 35%-ish ....
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12792.50
      05-08-2021, 06:09 PM   #151
madpistol
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M440i GC

Quote:
Just wanted to add a comment about the props this car gets from other people. I'm sure many of you have experienced similar situations but I have never owned a car that got as many compliments as the M340i. Just random people I don't know that see you pull into a parking lot or getting into your car and saying stuff like "nice BMW, man", "that's a nice car", etc.

To be fair, yours doesn't look "normal" with those black wheels and the shadowline against Alpine White. It's a very striking color combination and I'm sure gives off some serious vibes in a parking lot.

My next one I get, I might get the black wheels as well. They look really good. My current M340i gets no attention at all... of course, the area I live in is flooded with BMW and Mercedes SUVs, so I'm guessing my car looks rather plebian by comparison.
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12792.50
      05-08-2021, 07:27 PM   #152
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianride View Post
People might have thought yours is a M car.

The most interesting compliment came from a Model 3 owner, who said the body design of G20 is much better than Model 3. He then disclosed that the 3-year lease of his Model 3 costed 50%+ of the new car, ouch!!! Typically BMW charges 35%-ish ....
Yeah could be. THAT pisses off real M car owners I think, LOL. Every now and then I even catch myself observing my own car and thinking that if I didn't know any better, it IS an M car!

We've all touched on the subject of nut bags challenging us whenever we're out and about that includes freakin' Toyota Corollas and Nissan Sentras, but at the same time I've noticed some cars that could probably hold their own (in a straight line) don't seem to mess with me because they're probably not sure what the hell I'm driving. So that's when I do catch myself looking at my own car when parked, especially from the side and seeing those big M badged blue calipers underneath 19" black wheels, dark tint, carbon fiber pieces and I kind of see why people may sometimes stay chill.

By the way, the owner of the Model 3 is absolutely correct about the G20 being a better looking car!

Last edited by TiMSport; 05-08-2021 at 07:34 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2021, 07:32 PM   #153
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpistol View Post
To be fair, yours doesn't look "normal" with those black wheels and the shadowline against Alpine White. It's a very striking color combination and I'm sure gives off some serious vibes in a parking lot.

My next one I get, I might get the black wheels as well. They look really good. My current M340i gets no attention at all... of course, the area I live in is flooded with BMW and Mercedes SUVs, so I'm guessing my car looks rather plebian by comparison.
Correction: Mineral White but yes I think you're right and that's pretty much why I chose this color combo, and thank you.

I don't know if your car doesn't get any attention, but it may be just a tad bit more under the radar so to speak. In general they're not hugely different from the standard 330i to the untrained eye. Honestly that's what I wasn't a big fan of before I decided to pull the trigger on one. It's also why I wanted to add a few more pieces to it to make it a little more unique. The advantage you may have is the stealth factor! People have no idea what they're up against and you end up leaving them in the dust! Lol. After all, we all enjoy the same awesome engine under the hood.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 09:25 AM   #154
Talisman77
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '69 BMW M340i xDrive (G20)

Garage List
I think I prefer the understated look as the sleekness blends well in say, a busy car park where I'd rather someone who woke up on the wrong side of the bed that day doesn't decide to key it/smash window/nick the wheels/etc. That said when it's running, I think it's possibly the laserlights that do the trick as here the blue accenting especially stands out when running sidelights.

Enthusiasts definitely notice it all the same though. Was in front of what I think was an F30 today and saw all kinds of handwaving and thumbs up gesturing. Didn't want to ruin the bloke's day so sure enough as I decided to nip around a couple tractors/trailers he kept up - parted ways at a roundabout both with a wave

Last edited by Talisman77; 05-10-2021 at 01:28 AM..
Appreciate 2
TiMSport12792.50
madpistol1740.50