Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Is adding DRL module upgrade easily detectable? Don't warranty to be voided on very e

05-01-2023, 04:38 PM   #1
saudisinaudis
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive GC

—On very expensive laser headlights 😅
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2023, 01:33 AM   #2
jiimmmayyy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i

Well, if it’s a CS style LED board I think it’d be pretty easy to tell lol. More than likely it’ll void headlight warranty
      05-02-2023, 01:43 AM   #3
saudisinaudis
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiimmmayyy View Post
Well, if it’s a CS style LED board I think it’d be pretty easy to tell lol. More than likely it’ll void headlight warranty
The one I’m getting is bluetooth connected and can be switched back to white. What I mean is it detectable easily if you can’t tell from the lights or if something were to go amok with the lights and I placed back stock module to attempt a warranty claim?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2023, 02:14 AM   #4
jiimmmayyy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by saudisinaudis View Post
The one I’m getting is bluetooth connected and can be switched back to white. What I mean is it detectable easily if you can’t tell from the lights or if something were to go amok with the lights and I placed back stock module to attempt a warranty claim?
I think if you can take it off smoothly maybe so, depends on your dealer really. I watch fresh kicks swap his out and he had to drill holes into a bracket to get the cover where the chip sits off
      05-02-2023, 05:49 AM   #5
MichaelNRW
B58 Power
Rep
Drives: 05/2022 M340i xDrive Touring

Garage List
Depends on how or if you remove the original boards from the heatsinks.
I bought a seconds set of modules because i wanted to keep the original modules unmodified.
Keep in mind, you only get the LED boards and not the heatsinks!
This means you´ve to remove the orginal boards from the heatsinks and glue the new boards.
Another points is the removal of the module for the outer DRLs and turn signals.
As stated by jiimmmayyy, the screws are behind a bracket that holds your fender.
I removed the front, released the headlights and turned them to the side so i could remove the screw.
There might be enough space to do this with an really really small torx tool because there´s only around 2 centimeter (0,75 inch) between the screw and bracket.

So yes, the dealer will probably see if you removed just the original LED boards from the heatsinks.
But no, if you switched to a second set of modules and didn´t drilled a hole into the bracket.