Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Help me decide - better engine or better options

04-12-2024, 02:43 PM   #23
JacBres
Rep
Drives: F30

Okay, so my dealer told me we still don't have the production slot, but in the meantime it turned out that the 330i RWD will be discontinued and only available in xDrive. So I would have to pay extra for that.

Which makes me think of M340i.

Here's the dilemma: get the very rich 330i, or M340i with almost nothing.

Basically I could get the M340i with:
- Stop & go cruise control
- comfort access
- heated seats
- lower back adjustment
- adaptive LED lights.

And that's basically all - the car will be more expensive that the 330i anyway.

The M340i includes by default:
- sport brakes
- ambient lights
- power seats with memory

I would not get;
- tinted windows
- driver assistant systems (even the basic one)
- parking assistant with a camera
- isolated windows
- heated steering wheel
- Harman/Kardon
- electric trunk.
so basically nearly no innovations.

What do you suggest?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 03:13 PM   #24
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacBres View Post
So I am about to finish my G20 configuration and still have a lot of doubt.

Generally, I increased the price massively compared to what I was planning at the beginning.

Initially I was confident that 320i will be my choice. But now I'm thinking about getting 330i.

But to get the 330i I have to put off some options.
- HUD (very cool, but I don't have any personal experience if it is really so useful);
- electric seats (just cool, the levers seem so outdated)
- sunroof (makes a very nice atmosphere inside);
- electric trunk (easy to open with a foot swing and no need to touch the trunk when it's dirty);
- parking assistant (nice, but I am fully confident I will park the car myself much faster);

Which one of those do you think is the easiest and the best to get over?
i would get used M340i/M440i with all the options
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 03:20 PM   #25
JacBres
Rep

No deal for me.

Firstly: almost no offers of used + low mileage M340i with all those options in my country

Secondly: even the used ones are priced higher than the new one with the 20% discount my dealer gives me. Or some negligible price differences like 2-3% lower than the new one with the said discount. Plus you have to accept the risk you don't know how the car was used by a previous owner.

Last edited by JacBres; 04-12-2024 at 03:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 04:42 PM   #26
blue_seather
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 G26 M440i xDrive

If you're debating between a 320i with options or a 330i without any, I'd just get a fully optioned Skoda Superb L&K 265 PS when they release this engine option later this year. It will be way roomier, better equipped and faster than either of those, will cost less money and depreciate less.

If you want to spend a little extra and insist on sacrificing practicality for more power and that sweet B58, just grab an M340i or an M440i Gran Coupe (which is weirdly cheaper) from Hungary. Call a dealer in Budapest for an offer with a discount and you'll get it quite a bit cheaper than in Poland. Don't think that the 20% discount they give you is super special. The price has already been inflated, so they're still getting a huge margin off of it. Always best to import BMWs from Hungary.

This configuration of an M440i xDrive, which is very similar options-wise to your Polish M330i, with a 12% discount (pretty common) and your VAT (23%) comes out to 224 400 zloty. You have almost 15 000 left to spare, even.

This similarly specced M340i xDrive comes out to 240 850 zloty with the same supposed discount, so a bit more expensive, yet still in your budget. I'd personally take the Gran Coupe any day, though.

Last edited by blue_seather; 04-12-2024 at 04:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 06:20 PM   #27
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
No deal for me.

Firstly: almost no offers of used + low mileage M340i with all those options in my country

Secondly: even the used ones are priced higher than the new one with the 20% discount my dealer gives me. Or some negligible price differences like 2-3% lower than the new one with the said discount. Plus you have to accept the risk you don't know how the car was used by a previous owner.
i would get a 330

the most useless option is parking assistant.
next sunroof (they leak after a few years and your car turns into a swimming pool)
next electric trunk - just press the button it's ok you have fingers
next HUD - 99% of sunglasses you can't see the HUD
next electric seats - how many times do you need to adjust the seat (unless you share with another driver then they become very useful as the car can memorise the seat position)
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 06:22 PM   #28
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_seather View Post
If you're debating between a 320i with options or a 330i without any, I'd just get a fully optioned Skoda Superb L&K 265 PS when they release this engine option later this year. It will be way roomier, better equipped and faster than either of those, will cost less money and depreciate less.
i agree if you have a family or need to haul stuff

but if you want driving fun, 330
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 03:06 AM   #29
JacBres
Rep

I think I was not specific enough.

So I ordered my 330i about 3 weeks ago, specced quite nicely. My dealer is processing my order. Here's what I ordered:

https://configure.bmw.pl/pl_PL/confi...ate=2024-05-07

Now I would have pay extra (ca 8000 PLN = ca 1850 eur) for the xDrive added to the above configuration.

So I am debating between the above 330i + xDrive and M340i but rather poorly specced.

Quote:

If you want to spend a little extra and insist on sacrificing practicality for more power and that sweet B58, just grab an M340i or an M440i Gran Coupe (which is weirdly cheaper) from Hungary. Call a dealer in Budapest for an offer with a discount and you'll get it quite a bit cheaper than in Poland. Don't think that the 20% discount they give you is super special. The price has already been inflated, so they're still getting a huge margin off of it. Always best to import BMWs from Hungary.

This configuration of an M440i xDrive, which is very similar options-wise to your Polish M330i, with a 12% discount (pretty common) and your VAT (23%) comes out to 224 400 zloty. You have almost 15 000 left to spare, even.

This similarly specced M340i xDrive comes out to 240 850 zloty with the same supposed discount, so a bit more expensive, yet still in your budget. I'd personally take the Gran Coupe any day, though.
I am surprised that the prices in Hungary are so much more attactive than in Poland. I already heard that in Germany the same car is much cheaper, but Hungary?

I have to make some research and check if I could get it in leasing (I am an enterpreneur, so the leasing if how I am "purchasing" the car)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30M View Post
i would get a 330

the most useless option is parking assistant.
next sunroof (they leak after a few years and your car turns into a swimming pool)
next electric trunk - just press the button it's ok you have fingers
next HUD - 99% of sunglasses you can't see the HUD
next electric seats - how many times do you need to adjust the seat (unless you share with another driver then they become very useful as the car can memorise the seat position)
Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

The parking assistant may not be very useful for me - however that's what you have to take to get the rear camera. Plus I think my GF (who drives my car very rarely, but still it happens) my appreciate that option in some specific case.

I left out the sunroof and HUD.

The electric seats I find quite useful - firstly I can always get the desired adjustment very quickly. And I will set two positions for myself - the relaxed one and the "sporty" one. Plus I think it gives the car some premium taste.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 03:44 AM   #30
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

Now I would have pay extra (ca 8000 PLN = ca 1850 eur) for the xDrive added to the above configuration.

So I am debating between the above 330i + xDrive and M340i but rather poorly specced.
do you want power and pay for $$$ petrol

or do you just want to have any BMW

if you have money to pay for petrol I would get the M340i best if you can wait for the new engine next year. if you don't have money to pay for petrol get the 330
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 03:50 AM   #31
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 - 2024 G26

Get the 330i. It has amazing power. You don’t need more engine, especially at the sacrifice of important options like better windows, Harmon Kardon, heated steering wheel, and power trunk.

Above all else, this is a BMW, it is a luxury car and you can’t have a luxury car if it has no luxuries.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 04:10 AM   #32
JacBres
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30M View Post
do you want power and pay for $$$ petrol

or do you just want to have any BMW

if you have money to pay for petrol I would get the M340i best if you can wait for the new engine next year. if you don't have money to pay for petrol get the 330
Petrol itself doesn't bother me. After all m340i consumes probably a liter more / 100km than 330i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddwalton View Post
Get the 330i. It has amazing power. You don’t need more engine, especially at the sacrifice of important options like better windows, Harmon Kardon, heated steering wheel, and power trunk.

Above all else, this is a BMW, it is a luxury car and you can’t have a luxury car if it has no luxuries.
That convinces me.

After all I think there is no win in my dilemma. If I get the very powerful BMW with iconic engine probably in some time I may be a little frustrated that the car has almost nothing more.

After all I can get any used powerful BMW with no modern options, but nice engine to have fun driving.

On the other hand the 330i is also very dynamic and would have that nice premium taste.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 04:11 AM   #33
zlatko
Second Lieutenant
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: G21 LCI 330d Xdrive

JacBres I will chime in with my opinion after a year of driving almost fully specced G21 330xd:
- remove the sunroof(hot, leaks, creaks, etc.) and get lighter interior, if in your budget - spec MSport seats
- electric seats makes sense for all the reason you already pointed out. I also have 2 positions: relaxed for highway and more focused/upright for all other occasions.
- get adaptive suspension!
- 100% get the reversing cam! You are correct you will park yourself faster, but I use parking assistant to just measure the parking space for me. If it doesn't see it - I can fit in, but it will need 5-6 maneuvers. So useful for me.
- HUD is nice, not essential, but nice.
- comfort access is one of the most convenient options on a car!
- driving assistants are mostly useless for me in Europe. Many features simply not available for my region and roads I drive on.
- electric trunk on sedan is pointless - anyway it pops up when unlocked, you only close by hand.
- tinted windows are a must! Acoustic glazing is nice, not mandatory.
- inline six engine is just better!

So just get the M340 - it comes with LSD fitted standard as well. Go for the best seats you can option and an adaptive suspension.

Last edited by zlatko; 04-13-2024 at 04:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 06:04 AM   #34
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Petrol itself doesn't bother me. After all m340i consumes probably a liter more / 100km than 330i.

That convinces me.

After all I think there is no win in my dilemma. If I get the very powerful BMW with iconic engine probably in some time I may be a little frustrated that the car has almost nothing more.

After all I can get any used powerful BMW with no modern options, but nice engine to have fun driving.

On the other hand the 330i is also very dynamic and would have that nice premium taste.
The 330i is an incredibly quick car, it's faster than an M3 of a few generations ago. Just because the 340i exists doesn't make the 330i some "slow" car. It's outrageously quick.

Yes the 340i is even quicker, but so what? You don't need it. Don't get caught up in this drama. Get a 330i, stomp on the gas, put it in Sport mode, it's a rocket.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 06:12 AM   #35
blue_seather
Private First Class
Rep

Oh... so you have already ordered... Well... My previous 272 PS Skoda Superb had a very similar engine and performance to the B48 - Audi's famous EA888, and the B58 is noticeably better. Sure, you probably don't really "need" the extra performance but it feels so much nicer... Don't listen to Todd, he's made a cult out of the B48 and can't even think rationally about it at this point. The B58's biggest selling point is not even how fast it is but rather how it feels to drive.

In terms of M340i options, having a full spec M440i, and having had a fully speced Skoda Superb which had even more available options (except a HUD and the 360 camera which they didn't let me order for some reason), my thoughts are as follows:

- (Must) Adaptive M chassis - without it, the ride would be pretty rough.
- (Must, if you often drive at night) Adaptive LED - my M440i has lasers but the G20's matrix lights are similar to my old Superb's, and they make a pretty huge difference at night. If you don't drive that often at night, at the very least get the "High beam assistant" as it's super cheap.
- (Must) Parking assist - the regular parking assist is the one that includes the rear camera and all the sensors, I believe, so that's extremely useful.
- (Must) Sport tires - even if you don't pay for the 19" rims with sport tires, you would really want to change them later on. The RFTs ride pretty damn bad.
- (Must, if you have ordered 19" with sport tires) M Technology package - bigger breaks, better cooling, etc. Practically free, but only if you have specced the 19"'s.

- (Very nice to have) - BMW Live Cockpit Professional - The HUD is honestly really nice but you can definitely live without it. The navigation you don't really need as you already have Android Auto and Waze. But I believe it makes the screens larger, which is kind of a must, at least for me. If the screens are the same size even without it - count it as a "nice to have", not a "very nice to have".
- (Very nice to have) - Lumbar support - I've seen a few people who dislike it but I've always found it making my ride more comfortable. So if you don't dislike lumbar supports, it's too cheap to ignore.

- (Nice to have) Harmon Kardon - usually, for me it's always a must to upgrade the sound on any car but the HK is not that special, to be honest. I personally wouldn't sacrifice it but I could see how someone else could.
- (Nice to have) Tinted windows - I'd strongly advise for a tint. This is in the "nice to have" category simply because you can always foil your car yourself afterwards.
- (Nice to have) Acoustic glazing - The G26 doesn't even have that option, unfortunately. My Superb had acoustic glass on the front windows and it made some difference but the car was not very well insulated so my G26 is quieter even without them, which probably means they don't do that much. Still a pretty cheap option, though.
- (Nice to have) Galvanized buttons - feel a bit more premium and are really cheap as an option.
- (Nice to have) M Sport Pro package - makes the car look a lot more sporty... I always feel like BMWs are intentionally made to look bad without this so you have to pay more. Even though, the 3 Series doesn't look all that bad with chrome. The 4 Series is hideous with chrome, on the other hand. That's why, for the 3 Series specifically, I'm not putting it as a "must"
- (Nice to have) Front row seat and steering wheel heating - Seeing as you're based in Poland, it might be very nice to have for the winters, but you can definitely live without those. I'd say the seat heating is a bit higher on the priority list compared to the steering wheel one.
- (Nice to have) Comfort access - Having it on one car, you can't really live without it anymore. I don't remember what it's like to press a button on my key fob at this point. It's very convenient but you can definitely live without it.

- (Not a big deal) Panoramic roof - kind of useless on sedans and just creaks and has issues all the time - I always skip that one.
- (Not a big deal) Electric tailgate - a must on a hatch like the G26 but kind of useless on a sedan.
- (Not a big deal) Driving Assistant and Driving Assistant Professional - if you often travel on the highway and prefer the car to drive itself, it's nice. I don't think it's a big deal to skip.
- (Not a big deal) Parking Assistant Plus - I'd never skip this as I always wanted a 360 camera and BMW's implementation, unlike VW's, is splendid. However, alongside it you pay for automatic parking, automatically reversing out of parking spots, etc., which feel useless to have and bump up the price quite a bit.
- (Not a big deal) Heater - I suspect you have a garage, so in this case this one is literally useless.
- (Not a big deal) Leather - I really like real leather and how it smells, and it also allows for width adjustment in the seat's back, but I'm hearing the Sensatec that is a lot cheaper isn't half bad either - might even be a bit more comfortable, albeit less breathable.
- (Not a big deal) Sensatec dashboard - I specced it as otherwise the dashboard looked a bit too plastic-y, but I honestly expected more. The stitching looks nice, though. But a bit overpriced overall.
- (Not a big deal) Phone charger - lacks cooling so it barely charges your phone and slowly kills it (literally), while it's constantly overheating. I still use it, but it's not a big deal to skip it. One of the worst phone charges in the automobile industry at this point.

There are some other extras like digital key, if you have the heater, Merino leather (including a full coverage once which is pretty fancy) and real dashboard leather (which looks a lot cooler than the Sensatec one and brings back the little cubby next to the steering column), but they're very pricey, so no point even discussing them.

Also, I'm running with the default Aluminum Rhombicle trim and I think it's quite nice for a default one, so you're not losing much by not paying for another trim, in my opinion. I've also specced the Brooklyn Gray color which I like a lot. For a G20 I quite like Skyscraper Gray too, and the Portimao Blue isn't half bad for the G26.
I might even like those better than the more expensive Dravit Gray. But trim and colors are very subjective, of course.

Last edited by blue_seather; 04-13-2024 at 06:37 AM..
Appreciate 3
zlatko132.50
      04-13-2024, 06:50 AM   #36
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Oh... so you have already ordered... Well... My previous 272 PS Skoda
Can we please stop with the Skoda talk? It is not a luxury car, it is not a competitor to BMW. We don’t talk about Honda or Kia in here either. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 07:05 AM   #37
blue_seather
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Can we please stop with the Skoda talk? It is not a luxury car, it is not a competitor to BMW. We don’t talk about Honda or Kia in here either. Thanks.
It's not a premium brand like BMW, Audi and Mercedes but it's very much in the 3 Series' segment and the 280 PS EA888 is a direct competitor to the 330i, like it or not. All the drivetrain parts are from an Audi A4/A5 45 TFSI and you sacrifice a bit refinement and sound insulation, compared to the Audi, for a lot more practicality. If you order the Skoda from Czechia, where it's cheapest, and the BMW from Hungary, they're priced the same too. I've said it before - the 330i is not that special and I'd always choose the Skoda over it. The M340i is another story.
Appreciate 1
zlatko132.50
      04-13-2024, 07:13 AM   #38
zlatko
Second Lieutenant
Bulgaria
Rep

blue_seather - Ha! It's weird that currently both 3 and 4 series do not provide acoustic glazing option(3KA)! I ordered it on MY23 G21 and it for sure was present for G26 at that time as I was choosing between the two and playing with configurations! What I also notice is that now you have to go BMW individual leather to get seat back width adjustment - at time of my order simple leather was enough...more and more cost cutting and additional customer milking/upselling with stuff he does not want!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 07:23 AM   #39
zlatko
Second Lieutenant
Bulgaria
Rep

Quote:
Skoda Octavia&Superb and VW Passat&Arteon are direct competitors to BMW for customers looking to buy 3-series class/size car here in Europe! That is first hand experience, not hearsay!
Please do not limit your horizon to "USA is the world". The only unique point of differentiation currently between those and 3/4 series is the availability of 6 cylinder engines and higher power at BMW. As options/materials and overall sophistication aforementioned vehicles match and even exceed 3-series! You get ventilated&massaging seats, felt lined and illuminated door pockets, better ambient lighting, etc., etc. The only issue comes if you want refined 6-pot engine, that is when you are directed at Audi/BMW/MB/Genesis.
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2024, 07:43 AM   #40
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
Skoda Octavia&Superb and VW Passat&Arteon are direct competitors to BMW for customers looking to buy 3-series class/size car here in Europe! That is first hand experience, not hearsay!
Please do not limit your horizon to "USA is the world". The only unique point of differentiation currently between those and 3/4 series is the availability of 6 cylinder engines and higher power at BMW. As options/materials and overall sophistication aforementioned vehicles match and even exceed 3-series! You get ventilated&massaging seats, felt lined and illuminated door pockets, better ambient lighting, etc., etc. The only issue comes if you want refined 6-pot engine, that is when you are directed at Audi/BMW/MB/Genesis.
No. More. Skoda. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 09:23 AM   #41
JacBres
Rep

Quote:
Oh... so you have already ordered... Well... My previous 272 PS Skoda Superb had a very similar engine and performance to the B48 - Audi's famous EA888, and the B58 is noticeably better. Sure, you probably don't really "need" the extra performance but it feels so much nicer... Don't listen to Todd, he's made a cult out of the B48 and can't even think rationally about it at this point. The B58's biggest selling point is not even how fast it is but rather how it feels to drive.

In terms of M340i options, having a full spec M440i, and having had a fully speced Skoda Superb which had even more available options (except a HUD and the 360 camera which they didn't let me order for some reason), my thoughts are as follows:

- (Must) Adaptive M chassis - without it, the ride would be pretty rough.
- (Must, if you often drive at night) Adaptive LED - my M440i has lasers but the G20's matrix lights are similar to my old Superb's, and they make a pretty huge difference at night. If you don't drive that often at night, at the very least get the "High beam assistant" as it's super cheap.
- (Must) Parking assist - the regular parking assist is the one that includes the rear camera and all the sensors, I believe, so that's extremely useful.
- (Must) Sport tires - even if you don't pay for the 19" rims with sport tires, you would really want to change them later on. The RFTs ride pretty damn bad.
- (Must, if you have ordered 19" with sport tires) M Technology package - bigger breaks, better cooling, etc. Practically free, but only if you have specced the 19"'s.

- (Very nice to have) - BMW Live Cockpit Professional - The HUD is honestly really nice but you can definitely live without it. The navigation you don't really need as you already have Android Auto and Waze. But I believe it makes the screens larger, which is kind of a must, at least for me. If the screens are the same size even without it - count it as a "nice to have", not a "very nice to have".
- (Very nice to have) - Lumbar support - I've seen a few people who dislike it but I've always found it making my ride more comfortable. So if you don't dislike lumbar supports, it's too cheap to ignore.

- (Nice to have) Harmon Kardon - usually, for me it's always a must to upgrade the sound on any car but the HK is not that special, to be honest. I personally wouldn't sacrifice it but I could see how someone else could.
- (Nice to have) Tinted windows - I'd strongly advise for a tint. This is in the "nice to have" category simply because you can always foil your car yourself afterwards.
- (Nice to have) Acoustic glazing - The G26 doesn't even have that option, unfortunately. My Superb had acoustic glass on the front windows and it made some difference but the car was not very well insulated so my G26 is quieter even without them, which probably means they don't do that much. Still a pretty cheap option, though.
- (Nice to have) Galvanized buttons - feel a bit more premium and are really cheap as an option.
- (Nice to have) M Sport Pro package - makes the car look a lot more sporty... I always feel like BMWs are intentionally made to look bad without this so you have to pay more. Even though, the 3 Series doesn't look all that bad with chrome. The 4 Series is hideous with chrome, on the other hand. That's why, for the 3 Series specifically, I'm not putting it as a "must"
- (Nice to have) Front row seat and steering wheel heating - Seeing as you're based in Poland, it might be very nice to have for the winters, but you can definitely live without those. I'd say the seat heating is a bit higher on the priority list compared to the steering wheel one.
- (Nice to have) Comfort access - Having it on one car, you can't really live without it anymore. I don't remember what it's like to press a button on my key fob at this point. It's very convenient but you can definitely live without it.

- (Not a big deal) Panoramic roof - kind of useless on sedans and just creaks and has issues all the time - I always skip that one.
- (Not a big deal) Electric tailgate - a must on a hatch like the G26 but kind of useless on a sedan.
- (Not a big deal) Driving Assistant and Driving Assistant Professional - if you often travel on the highway and prefer the car to drive itself, it's nice. I don't think it's a big deal to skip.
- (Not a big deal) Parking Assistant Plus - I'd never skip this as I always wanted a 360 camera and BMW's implementation, unlike VW's, is splendid. However, alongside it you pay for automatic parking, automatically reversing out of parking spots, etc., which feel useless to have and bump up the price quite a bit.
- (Not a big deal) Heater - I suspect you have a garage, so in this case this one is literally useless.
- (Not a big deal) Leather - I really like real leather and how it smells, and it also allows for width adjustment in the seat's back, but I'm hearing the Sensatec that is a lot cheaper isn't half bad either - might even be a bit more comfortable, albeit less breathable.
- (Not a big deal) Sensatec dashboard - I specced it as otherwise the dashboard looked a bit too plastic-y, but I honestly expected more. The stitching looks nice, though. But a bit overpriced overall.
- (Not a big deal) Phone charger - lacks cooling so it barely charges your phone and slowly kills it (literally), while it's constantly overheating. I still use it, but it's not a big deal to skip it. One of the worst phone charges in the automobile industry at this point.

There are some other extras like digital key, if you have the heater, Merino leather (including a full coverage once which is pretty fancy) and real dashboard leather (which looks a lot cooler than the Sensatec one and brings back the little cubby next to the steering column), but they're very pricey, so no point even discussing them.

Also, I'm running with the default Aluminum Rhombicle trim and I think it's quite nice for a default one, so you're not losing much by not paying for another trim, in my opinion. I've also specced the Brooklyn Gray color which I like a lot. For a G20 I quite like Skyscraper Gray too, and the Portimao Blue isn't half bad for the G26.
I might even like those better than the more expensive Dravit Gray. But trim and colors are very subjective, of course.
Thanks for that very broad summary. It's always nice to see another point of view and some useful hints.

You'll see in my config what I chose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
JacBres I will chime in with my opinion after a year of driving almost fully specced G21 330xd:
- remove the sunroof(hot, leaks, creaks, etc.) and get lighter interior, if in your budget - spec MSport seats
- electric seats makes sense for all the reason you already pointed out. I also have 2 positions: relaxed for highway and more focused/upright for all other occasions.
- get adaptive suspension!
- 100% get the reversing cam! You are correct you will park yourself faster, but I use parking assistant to just measure the parking space for me. If it doesn't see it - I can fit in, but it will need 5-6 maneuvers. So useful for me.
- HUD is nice, not essential, but nice.
- comfort access is one of the most convenient options on a car!
- driving assistants are mostly useless for me in Europe. Many features simply not available for my region and roads I drive on.
- electric trunk on sedan is pointless - anyway it pops up when unlocked, you only close by hand.
- tinted windows are a must! Acoustic glazing is nice, not mandatory.
- inline six engine is just better!

So just get the M340 - it comes with LSD fitted standard as well. Go for the best seats you can option and an adaptive suspension.
Actually I did not take the adaptive suspension. To be honest - i just don't know why. I just had a test drive in a car without the adaptive suspension and it drove quite similarly to my current F30. I didn't find it harsh.

But what intrigues me is your comment about the driving assistant - which features are not available in your region? As far as I know the only unavailable feature in Poland is the traffic lights detection. My dealer told me that all remaining features will work in Poland.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 10:54 AM   #42
zlatko
Second Lieutenant
Bulgaria
Rep

JacBres, yes - traffic lights detection does not work. As well as traffic jam assistant. And road signs recognition is suboptimal, not showing e.g. "overtaking forbidden" or "stop" or "primary road", etc. I don't find it useful at all. But I think/guess the radar from DAP could play role in other automated safety features like braking, evasion, etc. Or could be useful in the future when the logic and operation of these systems improves. So I decided I better have the HW in place, just in case
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 11:53 AM   #43
JacBres
Rep

!? The traffic jam assistant does not work!? :/ That's one of the most essential reasons I took that option! Just to leave the steering wheel and the pedals and let the car go by itself in a traffic jam, moving slowly forward, So I can relax, read some emails on my phone, eat something. This year I was coming home from my skiing holidays in Austria and just outside Munich there was an enormous traffic jam. We lost almost 3 hours moving slowly meter by meter. And it happened like third time for me on this route. I was dreaming of a traffic jam assistant. My leg was so exhausted from pushing the brake pedal. Now that info is a disaster for me... To be honest I am devastated. I just actually paid for the feature that is nonexistent.

Epic fuckup.

Edit: are you sure? Here's the video and luckily it was recorded in Poland (in Warsaw) I see the polish car plates.

The car is moving autonomously.

Last edited by JacBres; 04-13-2024 at 12:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 12:03 PM   #44
blue_seather
Private First Class
Rep

Wait, mine is driving by itself in traffic. I just find it scary, so I don't use it. It keeps too much of a distance and leaves too much room for people from the other lanes to try and squeeze through which always scares me. Maybe in a more civilized country it would be more useful.

Even my Skoda had this, though there it was really annoying as if the car stood still for more than 20 seconds, you'd have to push the gas pedal yourself to start going forward again. The bimmer does it by itself, always.
Appreciate 0