Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Update on idrive issues

11-30-2019, 03:16 AM   #1
DomiGijzen
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 MSport High Exec (G08)

While waiting for the winter wheels te be mounted, I had some time to discuss some long running I drive issues with the genius (sales and after sales run away).
He made some calls to support center and we clicked through the back office bulletins together. What surprises me is the big information gap between the real world and what is officially told to the importer/dealer and the very low level of communication in general!

Don't shoot me for the below, it's just what is official know at the dealer/system. Glad we have a forum with additional info

Updates over the air:
As of November 27, the first batch is send out. Only to some specific 7 series for the moment because of some last issues. According to the bulletin, other cars will receive ota updates on short notice.

Spotify:
Should work with update 7/19 assuming your car is prepared for connected music. Doesn't work on mine. No instructions or whatever to find.

Office:
Officially not yet available. One big question mark why some have it. What, how and when is not communicated.

Release notes:
Genius and support have a bulletin saying they are in a certain location but nowhere to find.

Version:
There is no official bulletin on the existence 11/2019.
      11-30-2019, 11:19 AM   #2
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Well that clears up everything, umm not!
Appreciate 0