Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions M340i vs G70 3.3T Sport Comparo. Hits 3.8s 0-60 in Instrumented Test

11-10-2019, 09:25 PM   #221
EXE46
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_Ice View Post
I think its funny that every publication basically says the BMW is better but that it is more expensive.

Sure MSRP to MSRP it is more expensive - but hopefully nobody pays MSRP. I realize its probably hard for magazines to figure out the "street price" of a car especially since there isn't always a "norm" on pricing - but for anyone reading these articles they need to do a little research.

The M340i can easily be had for 10% off MSRP, some people have even gotten more - and BMW has been offering additional incentives on top of that for leases. When you consider that the residual is almost 10% higher, your monthly payment is about the same between a $50K G70 and a $60K M340i.

Time will tell how depreciation treats these cars for people buying - but if the BMW actually depreciates less you might be better off buying the M340i too since it will be worth more when you sell it. Hard to tell on this though and BMWs usually depreciate a lot over time - but I don't think Genesis depreciation would be like a Lexus!

But you're better off leasing the M340i over the G70 from a money perspective.
Genesis inherits all the characteristics from parent company hyundai; they're disposable cars, worth nothing after 3 years and thus appealing to second-hand buyers. BMW will have better depreciation, but having owned three in the past outside of warranty, I don't want to deal with the high upkeep costs ever again.

I think German cars are best to be leased due to the high upkeep required once initial warranty runs out and this is where Lexus wins, great resale value and low upkeep costs makes them perfect for financing and keeping longterm.
      11-11-2019, 06:14 AM   #222
Liquid_Ice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Gotta remember, you can probably swing a good deal on the G70 (just look at the prices on Stingers), so the gap in pricing could still be there, even after M340 incentives/deals.
I did some research and the average discount on a Genesis G70 is 8.5% off MSRP which is what I used for lease payment calculation and a 10% off MSRP for the M340i. I didn't include incentives since they can change month to month and not everyone qualifies for them but the BMW has more incentives if you get the loyalty incentive.

I shared my numbers pages ago in this thread, but nobody seemed to care
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2019, 12:25 AM   #223
Fuller
Major
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
You guys. Average Joe/Jane does not buy a car based on engine. That is the LAST thing they care about. Especially when 4turbos are as good as they are now. All they know about their engine is that they have to put gas in it and that isn't free which annoys them.
Average Joe or Jane will happily drive a Prius. We know that they have poor taste in regard to cars. It doesn't mean that we have to compromise our preferences.
Appreciate 1
hans007439.50