Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums USA - California Easycare extended warranty review

12-28-2023, 03:11 AM   #1
FlyMach1ne
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Easycare extended warranty review

I recently bought used 2021 CPO 330i and it has 12k miles on it. BMW Dealership sold me extended easycare totalcare warranty of 84months/60000miles so i will be getting 2 additional years of warranty (CPO will be covering first 2 years). Seems it covers everything other than maintenance/wear-tear. After negotiating i got it down to $2400 with $100 deductible. Do you think it's worth the price? Or dealership is just scamming me and making profit out of it? Are there any better alternatives out there?

Also there is a acknowledgement that i have signed which says "i acknowledge that vehicle purchased is factory certified and that repairs covered by any warranty whether collectible or not, are not covered by this VSC" anyone know what this is?

Any thoughts are much appreciated! Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2024, 09:06 AM   #2
brownrock123
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i

Also there is a acknowledgement that i have signed which says "i acknowledge that vehicle purchased is factory certified and that repairs covered by any warranty whether collectible or not, are not covered by this VSC" anyone know what this is?
I believe it means that this vehicle is a CPO, and any repairs that are covered by any other warranty will not be covered by Easycare. In other words, if you have a repair that your factory or CPO warranty will cover, then Easycare won’t.

By “whether collectible or not”, I believe it means regardless of whether you’re actually able to receive benefits from the alternative warranty or not - Easycare will determine whether that other warranty should cover your repair. If they deem that they should, then the Easycare VSC will not.
Appreciate 0