Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Just ordered an M440 G26 expecting idrive 8

01-29-2023, 04:21 AM   #1
Bobvegas
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport (G21)

Garage List
Just ordered an M440 G26 expecting idrive 8

Anyone else just ordered a 4 series recently ? I ordered my one yesterday on the understanding that idrive 8 is now on the G26 as it is on the configurator. The dealership’s systems haven’t caught up with the update (that’s what they have told me) but been assured I will have the updated idrive even though the order docs do not show it.

Also, any tips on options? Currently got a 330 G21 and getting the same packs (comfort, tech and lumbar) but interested to know if there are any worth getting particular to the G26.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2023, 06:25 AM   #2
Bimmer86
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 M440i xDrive Gran Coupe

Do you already have a VIN / production number? You'll be able to confirm the model year once they provide it to you. Basically MY23 will have iDrive 7 and MY24 will have iDrive 8. I wouldn't worry about it until you have your production number. Do you know if you're entered in the system for a MY24? My M440i G26 order is in the system as a MY24, still waiting for a production number.

IMO, you should definitely get the M Adaptive Suspension, Laserlights, and DAPP. Just don't get the ventilated seats as they use different less bolstered seats for that.
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2023, 07:43 AM   #3
Bobvegas
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer86 View Post
Do you already have a VIN / production number? You'll be able to confirm the model year once they provide it to you. Basically MY23 will have iDrive 7 and MY24 will have iDrive 8. I wouldn't worry about it until you have your production number. Do you know if you're entered in the system for a MY24? My M440i G26 order is in the system as a MY24, still waiting for a production number.

IMO, you should definitely get the M Adaptive Suspension, Laserlights, and DAPP. Just don't get the ventilated seats as they use different less bolstered seats for that.
Hi, I’ve not got the production number or VIN just yet. Some paperwork to completed but deposit is down.

Re the options, my car is UK spec so think m adaptive suspension comes as standard on the M440. Laser lights are quite a costly option, considered it but happy enough with the standard lights. I don’t think ventilated seats are an option in the UK but could be wrong.

What colour did you go for?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2023, 09:16 AM   #4
Bimmer86
Private First Class
Rep

Ahh ok, mine is a US spec car. I'm going with Portimao Blue, what are you getting?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2023, 05:54 PM   #5
Bobvegas
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ahh ok, mine is a US spec car. I'm going with Portimao Blue, what are you getting?
Gone for dravit grey.

Just been told my car goes into production in June! Looks like an delivery date at the end of July. This sound right?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2023, 09:52 PM   #6
Bimmer86
Private First Class
Rep

Did you get a production number? I got mine this week for a March production. Wonder why yours is scheduled for June.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2023, 05:43 AM   #7
Bobvegas
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Did you get a production number? I got mine this week for a March production. Wonder why yours is scheduled for June.
I have the production number and used this when chatting with the BMW online genius.

However, the showroom has today told me my car goes into production at the end of March with an end of June delivery.

Will give it a couple of weeks and see if any of this changes.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2023, 11:59 AM   #8
LPTyler
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i

I really like parking assistance package and the heated steering wheel. I wasn’t sure they would be useful, but I really like them both.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2023, 03:48 AM   #9
Bobvegas
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPTyler View Post
I really like parking assistance package and the heated steering wheel. I wasn’t sure they would be useful, but I really like them both.
Comfort access is really useful (hands always full due to family).

Not sure whether to get the sunroof as understand it takes away rear headspace.

I’ve got a little time (or a lot of time depending on who I believe is providing the correct order status) to decide.

Curious to know which tyres the car comes with.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2023, 11:15 PM   #10
dhock_holiday
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VW Jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobvegas View Post
Anyone else just ordered a 4 series recently ? I ordered my one yesterday on the understanding that idrive 8 is now on the G26 as it is on the configurator. The dealership’s systems haven’t caught up with the update (that’s what they have told me) but been assured I will have the updated idrive even though the order docs do not show it.

Also, any tips on options? Currently got a 330 G21 and getting the same packs (comfort, tech and lumbar) but interested to know if there are any worth getting particular to the G26.

Thanks!
OP did you have any features deleted like power tailgate, Digital Key? Also considering ordering a M440i but also unsure if I should wait a year for the refresh.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2023, 05:59 AM   #11
Bobvegas
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhock_holiday View Post
OP did you have any features deleted like power tailgate, Digital Key? Also considering ordering a M440i but also unsure if I should wait a year for the refresh.

I understand from the salesperson that all options and listed features will be on the car. I’ll have more confidence when I get the VIN.

The power tailgate (with kick opening) and digital key is still part of the comfort pack.

I decided to go for the M440 now as the interest rate is currently low (4.9% in the UK) and expect it to go up in the near future.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2023, 12:07 PM   #12
cr2000
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 440xi Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhock_holiday View Post
I have a 2023 (Week 8 Build) in production now, I can't imagine a Gran Coupe showing up without a power lift gate given the size of the trunk/glass. Has anyone actually seen BMW ship a 2023 Gran Coupe without a power liftgate? I did check my option codes and in fact do not see Code 316 (power tailgate) listed.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2023, 06:36 PM   #13
dhock_holiday
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VW Jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr2000 View Post
I have a 2023 (Week 8 Build) in production now, I can't imagine a Gran Coupe showing up without a power lift gate given the size of the trunk/glass. Has anyone actually seen BMW ship a 2023 Gran Coupe without a power liftgate? I did check my option codes and in fact do not see Code 316 (power tailgate) listed.
Yes GC's should be powered
Appreciate 0