Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Adaptive M sport suspension - build conflict

04-02-2023, 07:08 AM   #1
justplain
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D MY2013

Adaptive M sport suspension - build conflict

I live in South Africa and went through a preliminary config at a local dealership for a LCI G20 320D.
I want the "standard" / "sport" body style (i.e NOT the M-Sport body kit....not a fan of the front grill and rear bumper).
Apparently I cannot configure the non M-sport line car with adaptive m-sport suspension.
This seems ridiculous to me that the body kit/style is tied to the choice of suspension hardware.
I'm wondering if this is a silly local configuration restriction or if it's simply not possible regardless of territory.
(note I also cant have the M-sport passive suspension without the M-sport body line/kit)
For reference, my 2013 F30 Sportline (non-M-sport body line/style) has the adaptive suspension and I wanted to get a "like for like" replacement.
I havent driven a "standard" suspension LCI G20 at this time. When there is a demo car available I'll try it out. (though had my heart set on the adaptive setup....)
Has anyone else been able to order/config a NON M-sport body style car with the Adaptive suspension where they live? if so was it simply an available option with your build or did it to have follow a more custom order process?

I want this body style..
Name:  1.png
Views: 606
Size:  370.4 KB

Not this one
Name:  2.png
Views: 562
Size:  351.3 KB

thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2023, 07:44 AM   #2
Paulskit
Private
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: M340i 2023

You should be able to option 2VF (Adaptive M suspension) without 337 (M Body kit). The only requirement to add 2VF is 2VL. And vice versa.

P.S. Stock non M suspension will be the most comfortable one, without too much compromises on the handling. 2VF is somewhere in the middle, with 704 (M Sport, non adaptive) being the most harsh riding.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2023, 10:31 AM   #3
justplain
Rep

Yeah, you'd think so!
When the sales advisor tries to configure a non-m-sport body kit car with 2VF and 2VL the configurator throws an error that the configuration is not possible.
Going to have to try a non-m-sport suspension car. That may be tricky here though. Demonstrators are slim pickings and almost everything is M-Sport......sigh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulskit View Post
You should be able to option 2VF (Adaptive M suspension) without 337 (M Body kit). The only requirement to add 2VF is 2VL. And vice versa.

P.S. Stock non M suspension will be the most comfortable one, without too much compromises on the handling. 2VF is somewhere in the middle, with 704 (M Sport, non adaptive) being the most harsh riding.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2023, 03:15 AM   #4
Paulskit
Private
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: M340i 2023

I'm not sure, I'm on the correct site, but Configurator at bmw.co.za (I googled BMW South Africa) allows me to select exactly as mentioned, 2VF + 2VL.

Here is the link

Anyway, I don't think you're missing out with non M-Sport passive suspension. I'd be happy to choose that one as well, if it was available for M340.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2023, 11:02 AM   #5
justplain
Rep

Correct, you can configure it on the website
Though at the dealership when sitting with a consultant, the BMW factory configurator does not allow 2VF + 2VL.
Will see if I can get a test drive in a "Standard" car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulskit View Post
I'm not sure, I'm on the correct site, but Configurator at bmw.co.za (I googled BMW South Africa) allows me to select exactly as mentioned, 2VF + 2VL.

Here is the link

Anyway, I don't think you're missing out with non M-Sport passive suspension. I'd be happy to choose that one as well, if it was available for M340.
Appreciate 0