Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Advanced Car Eye Viewer on iMAC?

03-02-2022, 07:08 AM   #1
sjb993
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i XDrive MHT

Advanced Car Eye Viewer on iMAC?

I am currently considering replacing my aged Windows 10 laptop with an iMAC. On my current laptop I downloaded a programme called Advanced Car Eye Viewer which allows me to view the ACE 2.0 video clips on my laptop.

If anyone who uses a MAC has an ACE 2.0, how do you view your video clips on your MAC?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2022, 03:30 PM   #2
Dathymes
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW G21 320d X-Drive Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb993 View Post
I am currently considering replacing my aged Windows 10 laptop with an iMAC. On my current laptop I downloaded a programme called Advanced Car Eye Viewer which allows me to view the ACE 2.0 video clips on my laptop.

If anyone who uses a MAC has an ACE 2.0, how do you view your video clips on your MAC?

Thanks.
Do you know the file format of the videos? Highly likely that VLC Player will do the job and it's available on Mac.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 03:04 AM   #3
sjb993
Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks Dathymes.

The file format is avi and I have tried VLC.

The videos from each camera are combined into single, one minute,two track avi files. With VLC the programme always starts in full screen mode. If I want to see both front and rear views,I have to start playing a video, immediately pause it, resize the window to half the screen size, start playing the video again, and select track two. That starts in a new full size window overlaying the first window. I then have to pause the video, resize the second window to half screen, position it alongside the first window, then press play.

That's a bit of a PITA, but no big deal. But, when I want to play the next one miunute video clip, I have to go through it all again.

The Windows software I use was specifically written for dashcams, so it's not surprising that a general purpose media player like VLC isn't quite as convenient to use.

If you know of a video player that does allow multiple windows to show the video tracks side by side, I be very grateful if you'd let me know.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 07:17 AM   #4
ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M440i Convertible

iMovie, which is free with Macs, can play two videos side by side. Whether it's as painless to use as you want it to be I wouldn't like to say.

At worst, you'd have to drop the videos onto the timeline and select Split Screen each time you load a new one.

Might be worth reading this:

https://www.idownloadblog.com/2019/0...movie-mac-ios/
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 07:22 AM   #5
sjb993
Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks. I'll be getting the Mac tomorrow, so I'll give this a try.
Appreciate 1