Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions iDrive/lights/ambient lights NOT turning off!!

08-06-2021, 02:57 AM   #1
lemonteaaa
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

iDrive/lights/ambient lights NOT turning off!!

Hey everyone,

I am in a state of panic right now as this is the first time this is happening to me. I went for a drive as usual, stopped by the gas station to fill up gas. I noticed that my music continued playing even as I got out of the vehicle (iDrive normally shuts off once I shut off the vehicle and open the door) but I didn't think much of it.
Now that I got home, I shut off my car and opened the door and locked my vehicle. My iDrive is still on, the ambient lights are still on, and my headlights/tail lights are still on! I tried to reset iDrive by holding down the power button for 20 seconds and it will reboot but it will still stay on.
It has now been over 20 minutes of me being in my house and my car is still locked, but all the lights are still on.
I've tried every possible way after reading forums (rebooting my phone, turning off Bluetooth, resetting iDrive)
Does anybody know what is happening? Or does anybody know how to fix this? At this point, my battery will die by the morning....
Help please!! thank you
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 04:49 AM   #2
Yossi123
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330xi G21

Do you have anything heavy laying on the passenger seat or the back seats? If so maybe the car thinks that there is a passenger inside? Just a wild guess.... other that that I would recommend to disconnect the car battery for a couple of minutes to reset all electronics.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 12:47 PM   #3
oonowindoo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i RWD

Yah make sure you dont have anything on any of the seat.

When you have passengers (or anything with some weight) on the seat, nothing ever turns off...

I assume your engine is not on right? Cuz i dont think you can lock it like it.. you would hear the horn instead of the beep..
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 11:04 AM   #4
lemonteaaa
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Took it to the dealership and they couldn't find out anything wrong with it.. must have been a software issue or a glitch where iDrive thought the car was still running. Hope this doesn't happen again. But thanks for your replies!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 11:08 AM   #5
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonteaaa View Post
Took it to the dealership and they couldn't find out anything wrong with it.. must have been a software issue or a glitch where iDrive thought the car was still running. Hope this doesn't happen again. But thanks for your replies!
What happened with the car when it happened? Did it eventually shut down? Did you disconnect the battery?
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!