Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) G20 headlight

01-15-2024, 04:58 PM   #1
Crusader
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M-sport

G20 headlight

Replaced my wife's previous BMW with a 2023 330i. The auto lights work well with regard to high/low beams but they don't appear to swivel when turning (my E92 HID's do). I realize they're LED's, so any movement of the beam would be different than the mechanical movement of my older car. Is this normal where no shift in the beam is noticeable?

Q2: There's a darkened spot slightly right of center in the lighting pattern (roughly in the oncoming lane area) at the boundary between the low beam cutoff and the high beam fill. The lights are US spec (not the magic Euro system which dims only the beam surrounding the oncoming car), but shouldn't the light be uniform. I'm thinking a failure of one or more LED elements, but the local dealer (not a particularly good one) insists this is normal operation. Advise?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2024, 12:51 AM   #2
zlatko
Second Lieutenant
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: G21 LCI 330d Xdrive

Crusader - G20 LCI does not have swivelling lights. The best it can get "adaptive LED" with segmented static lights that switch On/Off thus illuminating different parts of the road. If your car has the lesser option - it is just a fixed beams.
Appreciate 0