Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions looking to buy m340

12-17-2023, 07:45 AM   #1
Amglmao
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

looking to buy m340

Hello first post on this so sorry if format is incorrect. I’m looking on purchasing a 2020 m340, is there anything I should look out for? And for tuning bm3 or ecutek ? And if you guys can recommend a good tuner as well, tristate preferred. Thank you all
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2023, 07:54 AM   #2
Planoser
Private
Rep
Drives: M340i

Super happy with the MLink and tune solution from Mission Performance, check them out.
Appreciate 1
      12-17-2023, 08:13 AM   #3
Amglmao
Rep

Planoser What’s your hp and torque at ? And what mods
Appreciate 1
      12-17-2023, 08:21 AM   #4
Planoser
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amglmao View Post
Planoser What’s your hp and torque at ? And what mods
I am RWD with DP and MP tune. I have not dynoed but would suggest you look at 1/4 mile trapspeeds as another indicator of power. I am trapping 122mph with this setup and it maintained oem feel and drivability which is super important to me. Read through the various threads about tunes and you will see MP highly recommended for their safety, smooth drivability, and performance.

What is your ultimate mod and power goal?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2023, 08:25 AM   #5
Amglmao
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planoser View Post
I am RWD with DP and MP tune. I have not dynoed but would suggest you look at 1/4 mile trapspeeds as another indicator of power. I am trapping 122mph with this setup and it maintained oem feel and drivability which is super important to me. Read through the various threads about tunes and you will see MP highly recommended for their safety, smooth drivability, and performance.

What is your ultimate mod and power goal?
Looking for around 450, stock turbo, dp, and want to do e since I know stock pump can handle e30
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2023, 08:26 AM   #6
Amglmao
Rep

That is also one concern I have is reliability. I want a decently fast car something that’ll keep up with a f8x or beat them but I don’t want to be spending money on a new engine or turbo.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2023, 08:31 AM   #7
Planoser
Private
Rep

Quote:
Looking for around 450, stock turbo, dp, and want to do e since I know stock pump can handle e30
Yeah man, MP will exceed that - they have a 93 dyno on their page and other users on this forum have dynoed it in the 470+ whp range. I am currently switching between their 93 and e30 file - both very impressive.

The best part is their MLink lets you unlock DMe from comfort of your home as many times as you need. So if you go to dealer or get OTA software update that locks you, you can use the MLink to get back in action quickly.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2023, 08:38 AM   #8
Amglmao
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planoser View Post
Yeah man, MP will exceed that - they have a 93 dyno on their page and other users on this forum have dynoed it in the 470+ whp range. I am currently switching between their 93 and e30 file - both very impressive.

The best part is their MLink lets you unlock DMe from comfort of your home as many times as you need. So if you go to dealer or get OTA software update that locks you, you can use the MLink to get back in action quickly.
Do you flash your car everytime you fill up with e? I’ve never used e and was debating on installing a ethanol sensor as well and have the flex fuel kit so I won’t have to worry about precise measurements
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2023, 08:47 AM   #9
Planoser
Private
Rep

Quote:
Do you flash your car everytime you fill up with e? I’ve never used e and was debating on installing a ethanol sensor as well and have the flex fuel kit so I won’t have to worry about precise measurements
I use an ethanol content sensor by fuelit so I can monitor the e-content in my tank, however the MP tune has some variability built in to it. It is basic math when you fill up and now I can tell you what my e-content is without even needing to really look at the sensor reading. It is a nice to have, for peace of mind. Flex fuel kit is not needed, after my experience I would save that money for something else, imho.

If you have questions I would recommend calling MP, Alex has been excellent to work with, quick to answer my questions, and tskes time to talk through it so I felt informed and comfortable before and after my purchase.

Feel like I’m chatting up on a thread but anyways, if you have any other questions feel free to DM me, happy to talk through it further if that helps. Check their page, great sale going on right now.
Appreciate 0