Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK First ever BMW....Few concerns

08-09-2023, 05:06 AM   #23
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 325ti Compact Sport, G21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge_Joebot View Post
I'm so jealous of you man! Would absolutely love a 340i. They are rapid too.
Thanks!! I'm used to driving a 150 BHP diesel Octavia, so I think I'll find the difference is power quite noticeable
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2023, 05:07 AM   #24
Surge_Joebot
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbost View Post
I'm sure you are excited beyond belief mate. Thank you for your views, I really appreciate it. I too was told that I had to have a home charger which would have been difficult as I'm on a street but then they changed their minds and said I didn't have to have one so the 330e was a goer!

I too can't wait till it bloody arrives 12 months later!
Just so you know, you can drive this car never having to plug it in. The energy recuperation when you drive is sport/xtraboost is great. I've had a Mercedes a250e for a bit and they weren't great at this. Now and again I'd have to charge. But you never have to worry with the 330e. If it starts dropping on you just whack it in xtraboost if you're on a bit of a drive and throw the cruise control on and it will recharge it fairly quickly. Granted you take a hit with your mpg but that's the case with charging on the go with any hybrid.

The hybrid system on this car is the most seamless I've had in any hybrid I've owned so far. So nice. If you configure the "sport individual" mode to...

Steering - comfort
Drivetrain - sport
Transmission - sport

It's sublime to potter around in. Power when you need it but mainly low revs. Seamless gear changes/zero drama. Hardly any loss in electric range. And you can get 40mpg on fairly long drives 40-60 mins average 50mph.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2023, 05:15 AM   #25
Surge_Joebot
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tok'Ra View Post
Thanks!! I'm used to driving a 150 BHP diesel Octavia, so I think I'll find the difference is power quite noticeable
Understatement of the year right there haha! Not even in the same league! You're gonna be very very happy. With xDrive too. Dreamland. If I could afford it that would have been my choice. Hands down. Dravit grey. HK audio. Red calipers. Perfection.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2023, 06:54 AM   #26
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Understatement of the year right there haha! Not even in the same league! You're gonna be very very happy. With xDrive too. Dreamland. If I could afford it that would have been my choice. Hands down. Dravit grey. HK audio. Red calipers. Perfection.
Mine's in Oxide Grey, black M Sports seats too. Looks the same on the outside as the TLR demo car Joe Achillies featured in this video, but with red calipers:-

Appreciate 0
      08-09-2023, 07:51 AM   #27
Surge_Joebot
Private
Rep

Quote:
Mine's in Oxide Grey, black M Sports seats too. Looks the same on the outside as the TLR demo car Joe Achillies featured in this video, but with red calipers:-

Nice choice mate! Not seen that colour before tbh they still do that colour for the LCI??
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2023, 08:31 AM   #28
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Nice choice mate! Not seen that colour before tbh they still do that colour for the LCI??
I don't think so. I think the closest you could get to that now is Skyscraper grey, but I could be wrong. Oxide grey is an individual colour though... So maybe. I have no idea if you can choose that in the BMW configurator.

Last edited by The_Tok'Ra; 08-09-2023 at 08:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2023, 11:45 AM   #29
Surge_Joebot
Private
Rep

Yeah I've seen skyscraper grey. Think that's pretty much silver though anyway. That oxide one looks like it has a bit of gold in it or something. Very unique. I love a matte finish on the 340i's as well. Think there's a frozen grey special colour they do now for the LCI that suits the car.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2023, 03:00 PM   #30
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I've seen skyscraper grey. Think that's pretty much silver though anyway. That oxide one looks like it has a bit of gold in it or something. Very unique. I love a matte finish on the 340i's as well. Think there's a frozen grey special colour they do now for the LCI that suits the car.
If you have even seen a Skoda Fabia or a Octavia in a Champagne Silver colour, Oxide Grey is very similar to that. It's basically the same colour as the car I have now! LOL!! My Favorite colour for a car. It hides the winter grime so well.

I'd say Sky Scraper Grey is a dark silver. To my eyes anyway!

The Frozen colours look great in the showroom, but they will be a nightmare to keep as there is no lacquer over the paint, and when dirty all the frozen paint cars I've seen look pretty awfull IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2023, 05:39 PM   #31
asbost
Private
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport

Quote:
Just so you know, you can drive this car never having to plug it in. The energy recuperation when you drive is sport/xtraboost is great. I've had a Mercedes a250e for a bit and they weren't great at this. Now and again I'd have to charge. But you never have to worry with the 330e. If it starts dropping on you just whack it in xtraboost if you're on a bit of a drive and throw the cruise control on and it will recharge it fairly quickly. Granted you take a hit with your mpg but that's the case with charging on the go with any hybrid.

The hybrid system on this car is the most seamless I've had in any hybrid I've owned so far. So nice. If you configure the "sport individual" mode to...

Steering - comfort
Drivetrain - sport
Transmission - sport

It's sublime to potter around in. Power when you need it but mainly low revs. Seamless gear changes/zero drama. Hardly any loss in electric range. And you can get 40mpg on fairly long drives 40-60 mins average 50mph.
Another fantastic and very interesting reply mate thank you! This was one of the questions I was really wanting to ask without getting shot down and you answered it perfectly for me lol. Charging was always going to be a tricky one at home as I live in a street but I work in retail and the majority of of shopping centres or car parks that I visit usually have charging stations and I usually spend 3 or 4 hours in one location sooo hopefully won't be too bad.

You have really put my mind at ease my friend....
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2023, 01:29 AM   #32
Surge_Joebot
Private
Rep

Quote:
Another fantastic and very interesting reply mate thank you! This was one of the questions I was really wanting to ask without getting shot down and you answered it perfectly for me lol. Charging was always going to be a tricky one at home as I live in a street but I work in retail and the majority of of shopping centres or car parks that I visit usually have charging stations and I usually spend 3 or 4 hours in one location sooo hopefully won't be too bad.

You have really put my mind at ease my friend....
Not a problem mate. All my cars have been hybrids so I've had 4 different ones through work so about 7 years experience with them! VW's implementation was pretty good and it had an actual drive mode called "charge" which came in handy. Generally when you put all hybrids into their sportiest setting they will regen energy into the battery a lot quicker as it will use a mix of engine and breaking throughout the drive to top it back up. So if you use this option throughout your drives now and again you won't ever drop below 13-14 miles left in the tank for the battery. People have said you can drive this car with 0 miles on the battery all the time as it still keeps some in reserve that it never shows on the display. But I'd prefer to have it more or less full or 3/4 to know I will be getting the full power whenever I want.

Don't get me wrong, the best way to get the most out of this car is to obviously drive it in hybrid mode and charge every day (both at home and at work) to get the absolute peak mpg out of it. But let's be honest. Most people are getting these through work because of the low BIK tax which means you can get a nice fairly powerful car for less money.

But yeah, if you can charge now and again anyway don't really think you'll have much of a problem. But if you set the individual drive mode up like I said and flick it into xtraboost now and again to put a smile on your face, you'll never have to charge it.

Word of warning though, if you leave in xtraboost for the whole journey (especially with the gearbox in S) and some fairly spirited driving you will have the mpg of an old American V8 pretty quickly lol. Worst I've had is about 12mpg which was shocking but fun haha! Think they call that Smiles Per Gallon
Appreciate 1
asbost19.50
      08-10-2023, 06:23 PM   #33
asbost
Private
Rep

Quote:
Not a problem mate. All my cars have been hybrids so I've had 4 different ones through work so about 7 years experience with them! VW's implementation was pretty good and it had an actual drive mode called "charge" which came in handy. Generally when you put all hybrids into their sportiest setting they will regen energy into the battery a lot quicker as it will use a mix of engine and breaking throughout the drive to top it back up. So if you use this option throughout your drives now and again you won't ever drop below 13-14 miles left in the tank for the battery. People have said you can drive this car with 0 miles on the battery all the time as it still keeps some in reserve that it never shows on the display. But I'd prefer to have it more or less full or 3/4 to know I will be getting the full power whenever I want.

Don't get me wrong, the best way to get the most out of this car is to obviously drive it in hybrid mode and charge every day (both at home and at work) to get the absolute peak mpg out of it. But let's be honest. Most people are getting these through work because of the low BIK tax which means you can get a nice fairly powerful car for less money.

But yeah, if you can charge now and again anyway don't really think you'll have much of a problem. But if you set the individual drive mode up like I said and flick it into xtraboost now and again to put a smile on your face, you'll never have to charge it.

Word of warning though, if you leave in xtraboost for the whole journey (especially with the gearbox in S) and some fairly spirited driving [...]
I'm sure the 12mpg was worth it though lol..... I'm absolutely delighted to have learned all this information mate, I didn't think the 330e was any good at regen but if you're smart with it it should work well......I'm counting down the days now...... Sooo excited!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2023, 06:19 AM   #34
Neovo88
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW g20

Quote:
I'm sure the 12mpg was worth it though lol..... I'm absolutely delighted to have learned all this information mate, I didn't think the 330e was any good at regen but if you're smart with it it should work well......I'm counting down the days now...... Sooo excited!
Do you what know what code your car is currently at? Mine seemed to haven’t moved from 160 for about 8 weeks now
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 07:50 AM   #35
asbost
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neovo88 View Post
Do you what know what code your car is currently at? Mine seemed to haven’t moved from 160 for about 8 weeks now
No, but I'm severely pissed off now. I got an email from the lease company on the day it was supposed to arrive at the dealership (yesterday) saying that there there is another 6-7 week delay from the manufacturer. That's taking it to 13 months now.....i went absolutely nuclear with them.

That's the second delay. The first one in March and was put back 20 weeks, now this. I caused so much uproar yesterday afternoon and demanded answers. No private buyer would have to put up with this! Rant over, sorry!

When did you order yours?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 09:38 AM   #36
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
No, but I'm severely pissed off now. I got an email from the lease company on the day it was supposed to arrive at the dealership (yesterday) saying that there there is another 6-7 week delay from the manufacturer. That's taking it to 13 months now.....i went absolutely nuclear with them.

That's the second delay. The first one in March and was put back 20 weeks, now this. I caused so much uproar yesterday afternoon and demanded answers. No private buyer would have to put up with this! Rant over, sorry!

Sorry to hear that, I'd be well pissed off too. To not even give you more notice than that either. Why can't the lease company tell you what dealership the car is going to? (saw that in your other thread)
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 10:50 AM   #37
Neovo88
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW g20

Quote:

Ordered mine back in April had an estimated delivery week commencing 21st August, been pushed back a few weeks now like yours. 🙁

Looks like the ships won’t be hitting Southampton till the 8th and 12th September from Veracruz. Track the ships below.

Schedule

https://www.klineglobalroro.com/sche...e_schedule.pdf

Horizon Highway

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...ORIZON_HIGHWAY

Drive Green Highway

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:3888165/mmsi:374438000/imo:9728069/vesselRIVE_GREEN_HIGHWAY
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 01:22 PM   #38
asbost
Private
Rep

Quote:
Sorry to hear that, I'd be well pissed off too. To not even give you more notice than that either. Why can't the lease company tell you what dealership the car is going to? (saw that in your other thread)
I'm not sure mate, probably don't want an irate phonecall to be made to the dealership...the mood I was in I'd never see the car in the first place lol. It's really taken the shine off it and now I couldn't care less about the stupid car to he honest.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 01:26 PM   #39
asbost
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neovo88 View Post
Ordered mine back in April had an estimated delivery week commencing 21st August, been pushed back a few weeks now like yours. 🙁

Looks like the ships won’t be hitting Southampton till the 8th and 12th September from Veracruz. Track the ships below.

Schedule

https://www.klineglobalroro.com/sche...e_schedule.pdf

Horizon Highway

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...ORIZON_HIGHWAY

Drive Green Highway

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:3888165/mmsi:374438000/imo:9728069/vesselRIVE_GREEN_HIGHWAY
That's very interesting, thanks for sharing that mate. I'm sure thats the story I'll get on Monday. I still don't get how it's taken an order from 5th September 2022 to October 2023 to get a stupid car! If this was a private sale I would have cancelled well by now and went elsewhere.
Appreciate 0