Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions 2007 328i e90 MAF problems

03-29-2023, 08:53 PM   #1
Paxandrax
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 328i

2007 328i e90 MAF problems

Not sure if this is the correct forum I’m brand new to this site but, I recently added a cold air intake to my 2007 328i e90 and the bracket for the sensor housing on the new intake was broken to where I could see the sensor’s o-ring, I should have put the old air box back on but instead I drove for about 3 days and it was fine, no problems. But on the 4th day I started it in the morning and while at a red light my engine turned off, idk what to think about it so I kept driving cuz I had a lot of errands to do. I it got a lot worse throughout the day and eventually my check engine light came on so I went to Autozone and ran the codes and it said my MAF sensor was the problem. So I bought a new air filter for the original air box and some CRC MAF cleaner, and reinstalled the factory intake. Cleaning didn’t work, so I bought a new MAF. Replaced the MAF today and disconnected the battery for 10 minutes to reset the ECU and ran idle for 20 minutes, but still experiencing problems. Engine chugging, revving by itself while idle and when I press the gas it revs and when it goes to zero rpm’s the engine turns off. I was originally experiencing overheating but as from what I can see it’s not happening as bad anymore. I did notice a liquid coming from exhaust while running idle and a lot of smoke coming from the engine bay which already happened but more than usual now. I have no idea what I’m doing or what could be wrong or what to check for and don’t have money for a mechanic. Any help is greatly appreciated
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2023, 11:57 PM   #2
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
You’re two forums off. As you posted, you have an E90. You’re in the G20 forum. This is where you need to be https://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!