Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum M340 April Builds

04-12-2022, 10:54 AM   #1
abjj83
Rep
Drives: M340ix

M340 April Builds

Hi All-

Has anyone’s production date been moved back for Mexico April builds? I am production scheduled, but just called to check and it looks like my production week moved from the original 14 to 17.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 11:41 AM   #2
Bluejet220
Rep
Drives: M340i

Ordered in March.

Assigned Week 14

Genius said production moved to week 16.

Today updated to production begins.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 01:04 PM   #3
Dlegere13
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M340i

Also ordered in March, order was officially placed 3/31. Originally scheduled for 16th week, got bumped to 17th week as of this morning.

Yesterday my SA told me I was scheduled for week 23 but today it was updated to week 17 seems like they had a small delay but looking good now!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 02:31 PM   #4
abjj83
Rep

Sounds like we are all progressing. I just checked mygarage and mine flipped into production begins and I’ve got a VIN. I’ll take the shipping delay, just happy it is getting built!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 02:36 PM   #5
Nojomojo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M340i xDrive

I had to recheck since everyone is saying there cars are in production and turns out mine is too! I was scheduled for week 17, so maybe I should wait to see when assembly begins, but still I'm glad things are moving along and I got my vin especially since I placed the order 1.5 wks ago.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 03:46 PM   #6
Dlegere13
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nojomojo View Post
I had to recheck since everyone is saying there cars are in production and turns out mine is too! I was scheduled for week 17, so maybe I should wait to see when assembly begins, but still I'm glad things are moving along and I got my vin especially since I placed the order 1.5 wks ago.
What were your specs if you dont mind me asking?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 06:41 PM   #7
Nojomojo
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlegere13 View Post
2022 M340i xDrive
Mineral Grey Metallic
Cognac Perforated SensaTec
Drivers Assistance Pro Pkg
Premium Pkg
Driving Assistance Pkg
Parking Assistance Pkg
Shadowline Pkg
19" M Wheel 791M w/ as rft
Adaptive M Suspension
Black All Weather Floor Mats
Harmon Kardon Surround Sound
Power Tailgate
Remote Engine Start
SensaTec Dashboard
Wheel Locks
All Standard Features except digital key, passenger lumbar, and touchpad on the idrive controller
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 07:22 PM   #8
Dlegere13
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
2022 M340i xDrive
Mineral Grey Metallic
Cognac Perforated SensaTec
Drivers Assistance Pro Pkg
Premium Pkg
Driving Assistance Pkg
Parking Assistance Pkg
Shadowline Pkg
19" M Wheel 791M w/ as rft
Adaptive M Suspension
Black All Weather Floor Mats
Harmon Kardon Surround Sound
Power Tailgate
Remote Engine Start
SensaTec Dashboard
Wheel Locks
All Standard Features except digital key, passenger lumbar, and touchpad on the idrive controller
Oh wow so your car has pretty much every option. Seeing as the HK surround was pulled off the build list on the site a few weeks ago I was thinking that's what's causing the delay. I'm just hoping our cars show up with it.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 07:34 PM   #9
Nojomojo
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Oh wow so your car has pretty much every option. Seeing as the HK surround was pulled off the build list on the site a few weeks ago I was thinking that's what's causing the delay. I'm just hoping our cars show up with it.
I was able to get HK and the Park Assist Pkg added on by my dealer. Hopefully those features stay on. I would be kind of sad if I lost the Park Assist tbh, but we will see. I don't really understand why some dealers can add it and some can't from reading this forum. There are so many mixed experiences it is hard to tell where the source of delays are except if you have a German build, then the source of that delay is pretty obvious.
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2022, 06:07 AM   #10
Bluejet220
Rep

Quote:
I was able to get HK and the Park Assist Pkg added on by my dealer. Hopefully those features stay on. I would be kind of sad if I lost the Park Assist tbh, but we will see. I don't really understand why some dealers can add it and some can't from reading this forum. There are so many mixed experiences it is hard to tell where the source of delays are except if you have a German build, then the source of that delay is pretty obvious.
Ditto, so far it’s still listed in the build.

P Blue
Driver assistance pro
Premium package
Driving assistance package
Parking assistance package
Shadowline
792 w/ Non runflats
Harmon Kardon
Adaptive suspension
V leather with stitching

The only option I wanted that the SA couldn’t add was laser lights. Oh well, can’t win them all in todays environment.
Not to exacerbate, because I’ve posted it in other threads, but so far timeline has been late March order, week 14 assigned, week 16 delay, and production begins yesterday.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 07:02 PM   #11
HumanCaviar
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i X-Drive

Garage List
I'm a bit of a interloper, my projected build date isn't until the first week of May (Week 18). Link to build spec

A bit curious, seems some people are able to order HK systems... I was told by my SA that Harmon Kardon and Laser Headlights weren't available when I placed the order. Do any of you have recommendations for keeping up with availability of these options? I really don't want to abuse my SA by asking all the time, but also don't want to miss out.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 07:28 PM   #12
Nojomojo
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanCaviar View Post
I'm a bit of a interloper, my projected build date isn't until the first week of May (Week 18). Link to build spec

A bit curious, seems some people are able to order HK systems... I was told by my SA that Harmon Kardon and Laser Headlights weren't available when I placed the order. Do any of you have recommendations for keeping up with availability of these options? I really don't want to abuse my SA by asking all the time, but also don't want to miss out.
I don't think this will help you very much since you already have an order in with someone, but my experience in getting those options added was going to different BMW dealerships near me within reasonable driving distance, and discussing my build to see if I can get HK, parking assist, and laser lights added which were the main three options I wanted that weren't available in the build configuration web app.

At my 3rd dealership I talked to the GM and he was able to add HK and Park assist after my advisor asked him for help with those options. The first two couldn't do any of that, and all three could not add laser lights as an option so I think that is just gone entirely.

As for keeping up with what is available, I would say if they don't have it or can't add an option then they probably just can't do it. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but it seems like they are given allocations and maybe a limited number of times they can add an option, or allocations are designated only a certain number of options that can be added. This would explain the reason why some dealers can add on certain options and others can't, simply because they ran out of allocations that provided those options or ran out of the limited number of times they can add a certain option.

However, I think it is worthwhile to keep asking though because your SA might get more allocations later on and if you car is not in production yet then you might be able to add something on if it becomes available.

Honestly though all of this is just my speculation and trying to rationalize how all that works behind the scenes, so I would take everything I say with a grain of salt and just follow your gut. Don't hound your SA, but be consistent and ask the right questions. Good luck!
Appreciate 1
      04-14-2022, 12:11 AM   #13
HumanCaviar
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i X-Drive

Garage List
Thanks Nojomojo! It's my first time custom ordering and my ignorance may be showing a bit. The black-box nature of the process is unnerving, especially for a newbie, so I really appreciate the response and perspective.

I got jerked around for 4 months trying to order through a "family friend" GM... I got completely ghosted. Called another dealership that was recommended to me and was offered an allocation immediately so I jumped. Honestly, even missing HK and Laser this will be a major upgrade for me, so not too concerned.

I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm living in a weird dystopian present, where having the requisite means doesn't necessarily grant the desired outcome.

Last edited by HumanCaviar; 04-14-2022 at 12:22 AM.. Reason: Fixed mention
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2022, 10:02 AM   #14
abjj83
Rep

Hi All-

Figured I’d check in with some updates. I called genius today to see how it’s going with production and they said it will be 4/25, so it seems there are no additional delays from the week 14 to 17 bump. Just an fyi on my build:
MG - Tacora Sensa
Shadowline
792 wheels
HK Sound
Adaptive M
Heated steering, seats
Sensa Dash
Park Distance Control
Appreciate 1
      04-20-2022, 04:14 PM   #15
Nojomojo
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by abjj83 View Post
Hi All-

Figured I’d check in with some updates. I called genius today to see how it’s going with production and they said it will be 4/25, so it seems there are no additional delays from the week 14 to 17 bump. Just an fyi on my build:
MG - Tacora Sensa
Shadowline
792 wheels
HK Sound
Adaptive M
Heated steering, seats
Sensa Dash
Park Distance Control
Hey thanks for the update! I was going to check tomorrow actually, but it looks like I don't have to. Looks forward to next week and seeing my car get into assembly phase!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 11:31 AM   #16
Nojomojo
Enlisted Member
Rep

Status Update:

Order Date: 4/2/22
Enter Production Queue: 4/3/22
Build Week: 17

Exterior Body Assembly Begins: 4/26/22
In the Paint Booth: 4/26/22
Entering Assembly Line: 4/26/22

Everything has checked out so far and looks like things are still on schedule for April builds.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 11:40 AM   #17
georgez949
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw m340i 2022

I think they are having some problems ever since some restrictions came back
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 12:45 PM   #18
abjj83
Rep

@nojomojo same here. We are probably on the line together. Shipping will be a different story I’m sure, but at least the builds are proceeding.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 06:40 PM   #19
Bluejet220
Rep

Quote:
Status Update:

Order Date: 4/2/22
Enter Production Queue: 4/3/22
Build Week: 17

Exterior Body Assembly Begins: 4/26/22
In the Paint Booth: 4/26/22
Entering Assembly Line: 4/26/22

Everything has checked out so far and looks like things are still on schedule for April builds.
I ordered late March.

Week 14-> delayed to 16 according to Genius.

Final assembly today. The VIN is searchable now, all options including the HK are present. I’m guessing that means the car has completed assembly. 🤷

It’d be beautiful to get this thing in May, I highly doubt it but you never know. Fingers crossed Kansas City Southern brings the car to port expeditiously.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 07:35 PM   #20
Nojomojo
Enlisted Member
Rep

The car ended in quality check for me at the end of the day and I am also able to look up my VIN. Like you my add on which were HK and Park Assist Pro were all there so I'm pleased about that.

I agree the earlier the better of course. Living in Baltimore I should get it pretty quick when it arrives in our port. Let's just hope the transportation doesn't take as long as I've been reading from others on the forum.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2022, 11:11 AM   #21
abjj83
Rep

Mine jumped about 3 steps today to in transit. I’m guessing we are all probably on a boat now.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2022, 12:17 PM   #22
Nojomojo
Enlisted Member
Rep

I can confirm the same thing. My client advisor told me it should be in Baltimore by end of the week or mid next week so I'll be able to pick up then since I live there. If all goes well I would say it took 1.5 months at least for all of this to get done. Very surprised.
Appreciate 0