Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Photos / Videos / Journals 2020 BMW M340i Makes World Debut at LA Auto Show

12-17-2018, 11:27 AM   #397
JJSchmooze
I'm on that Orange Crush
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe VOP ZCV ZPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJSchmooze View Post
It is to clarify that the opinions of both sides will exist. And no one, regardless of reputation "brownie" points, will be able to stop those of differing opinions from posting them. That IS IN FACT, what the whole premise of this forum is. Is it not?
I assume there will be multiple opinions on any given issue. I consider the forum as a place to learn or share information. Varying personal opinions are to be assumed but not of concern if not based on useful information. If any one person likes something, the part of the forum that you correctly point out is inevitable, but of no concern, is whether anyone else also likes it.
I have to agree and respect your reply. You see, our exchange is what is lacking in auto forums these days. And that's not opinion, that's a fact.

Unlike others on here, you didn't dress your disdain for others comments in a carefully worded insult. You instead decided to have a conversation.

I cannot stand on the sidelines while some choose to spread their QWERTY peacock feathers in some elaborate display like "look at me, I use thesaurus.com!"

I digress, but again appreciate your ability to keep to the topic at hand.

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you.” Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 11:43 AM   #398
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
I have to agree and respect your reply. You see, our exchange is what is lacking in auto forums these days. And that's not opinion, that's a fact.

Unlike others on here, you didn't dress your disdain for others comments in a carefully worded insult. You instead decided to have a conversation.

I cannot stand on the sidelines while some choose to spread their QWERTY peacock feathers in some elaborate display like "look at me, I use thesaurus.com!"

I digress, but again appreciate your ability to keep to the topic at hand.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 01:43 PM   #399
KTN
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yeah.

Quote:
Exactly! Lip stick on a pig.

New stuff is just bloated, if you like it then like it. I love some of the responses to the negativity on here. Some people make me laugh and as you read you will know who you are SMDH. But don't get butt hurt because many find the new BMW's hideous. So save your pretentious puffery and unnecessary use of of the English language to make your point. If you like it, like it. Others here will mistake your car for a Lexus IS.

That's not my doing, talk to BMW if you dislike the sad truth.
I mean, which word exactly warranted you bringing up "unnecessary use of the English language" () with a sprinkle of "QWERTY peacock feathers" and "look at me, I use thesaurus.com!" on top afterwards.

You say you're laughing on "butthurt" people, but yet what I see is you getting butthurt over as simple a thing as how someone words a different opinion to you.

The bottom line remains: yes different opinions will exist, and they should and that's all good. However, I don't see how posting the same sh1t over and over again, trying to desperately convince people of how "hideous new BMWs are" in any way contributes to the forum discussions you feel is missing nowadays. I'd dare go as far as there's two sides here: one who thinks the car is okay, kinda likes it, sees how it could grow on them, and the other side who's all the way at the deep end of the "how bad it is" spectrum and makes sure everyone hears them.

Someone pretending to be an expert on a car they've seen mostly on online photos and spewing havoc on it is the opinion you want? Some of the big "I'm not interested anyway, but let me spend several minutes daily voicing my opinion how much it sucks, oh and also how little I'm interested" people here has gone as far as to "predict" it'll drive like the worst BMW ever. Now that's something, I'd say. Bashing on the design based on pictures alone is one thing in it's own right, but also being able to determine how a car will drive from it, is just another level.

If you've seen the car in person, you've driven the car, and you say it's bad, and give reasons besides "cuz I said so (but I don't care anyway)" there's nothing wrong with it. But please don't get all hung up over people getting called out on what is essentially unfounded BS, seeing how it lacks any possible motivation other than spewing negativity,

Now let the hate wagon move on, and say ten more times how hideous this thing is. I simply just won't get why someone even continues visiting this subforum to keep posting these "opinions" over and over again, when clearly he'd made up his mind already that this car sucks, and reading anything else in any other form (which wasn't even praising the car to all heavens, just pointing out how they know so surely it sucks) is unvalid butthurtness.

This would be my opinion even if I hated the car. I just wouldn't be spending my time here to post it if I wasn't interested in seeing how the car actually turns out...
And please see this as entirely calm discussion, no personal insult meant to anyone. Written word is easy to be received different than intended.
Contains no carefully worded insult, or otherwise dressed disdain.

Last edited by KTN; 12-17-2018 at 02:23 PM..
Appreciate 1
Junni88.00
      12-17-2018, 02:44 PM   #400
JJSchmooze
I'm on that Orange Crush
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe VOP ZCV ZPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTN View Post
Quote:
Exactly! Lip stick on a pig.

New stuff is just bloated, if you like it then like it. I love some of the responses to the negativity on here. Some people make me laugh and as you read you will know who you are SMDH. But don't get butt hurt because many find the new BMW's hideous. So save your pretentious puffery and unnecessary use of of the English language to make your point. If you like it, like it. Others here will mistake your car for a Lexus IS.

That's not my doing, talk to BMW if you dislike the sad truth.
I mean, which word exactly warranted you bringing up "unnecessary use of the English language" () with a sprinkle of "QWERTY peacock feathers" and "look at me, I use thesaurus.com!" on top afterwards.

You say you're laughing on "butthurt" people, but yet what I see is you getting butthurt over as simple a thing as how someone words a different opinion to you.

The bottom line remains: yes different opinions will exist, and they should and that's all good. However, I don't see how posting the same sh1t over and over again, trying to desperately convince people of how "hideous new BMWs are" in any way contributes to the forum discussions you feel is missing nowadays. I'd dare go as far as there's two sides here: one who thinks the car is okay, kinda likes it, sees how it could grow on them, and the other side who's all the way at the deep end of the "how bad it is" spectrum and makes sure everyone hears them.

Someone pretending to be an expert on a car they've seen mostly on online photos and spewing havoc on it is the opinion you want? Some of the big "I'm not interested anyway, but let me spend several minutes daily voicing my opinion how much it sucks, oh and also how little I'm interested" people here has gone as far as to "predict" it'll drive like the worst BMW ever. Now that's something, I'd say. Bashing on the design based on pictures alone is one thing in it's own right, but also being able to determine how a car will drive from it, is just another level.

If you've seen the car in person, you've driven the car, and you say it's bad, and give reasons besides "cuz I said so (but I don't care anyway)" there's nothing wrong with it. But please don't get all hung up over people getting called out on what is essentially unfounded BS, seeing how it lacks any possible motivation other than spewing negativity,

Now let the hate wagon move on, and say ten more times how hideous this thing is. I simply just won't get why someone even continues visiting this subforum to keep posting these "opinions" over and over again, when clearly he'd made up his mind already that this car sucks, and reading anything else in any other form (which wasn't even praising the car to all heavens, just pointing out how they know so surely it sucks) is unvalid butthurtness.

This would be my opinion even if I hated the car. I just wouldn't be spending my time here to post it if I wasn't interested in seeing how the car actually turns out...
And please see this as entirely calm discussion, no personal insult meant to anyone. Written word is easy to be received different than intended.
Yes. You are correct. Let us re-read my quoted posts. The direction of my interjection is clear.

Thanks anyway.

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you.” Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 02:50 PM   #401
KTN
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yeah.

Quote:
Yes. You are correct. Let us re-read my quoted posts. The direction of my interjection is clear.

Thanks anyway.

I believe the same goes for my posts. So thank you as well, and you're most welcome.

Last edited by KTN; 12-17-2018 at 03:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 12:55 AM   #402
ScottAndrew
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTN View Post

Good post, but with every window-licker now able to access the internet, for every reasoned post you get a hundred “bmw EPIC FAIL!!!111onone LULZZzzz”. It’s a losing battle.

Anyway, I thought chatting shit about a car one has never seen or driven from a brand that is hated, and is perhaps paid to denigrate, was the modern way these days?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 02:14 PM   #403
Spacegrau
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Sport

So are the xdrive cars finally competitive with quattro? Does the m340 xdrive have an option of a torque vectoring rear diff? Will be very interesting to see m340 xdrive vs S4 comparison.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 03:10 PM   #404
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacegrau View Post
So are the xdrive cars finally competitive with quattro? Does the m340 xdrive have an option of a torque vectoring rear diff? Will be very interesting to see m340 xdrive vs S4 comparison.
If you read the OP, the electronic diff is standard on the M340. No doubt we will see many "which is better" comparison tests now that all 3 cars in this segment are AWD (c43, S4,m340)
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2018, 09:49 AM   #405
MT4life
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i: Last MT 3er in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
If you read the OP, the electronic diff is standardon the M340. No doubt we will see many "which is better" comparison tests now that all 3 cars in this segment are AWD (c43, S4,m340)
And automatic, yey! Awesome, which ever one leases best wins.
Appreciate 0