Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B48 4-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Tuning shop San Diego

02-02-2023, 08:36 PM   #1
connerry330i
Private
Rep
Drives: 23' 330i XDrive

Tuning shop San Diego

Longtime member, just picked up my (arguably) least powerful BMW, a new LCI 330i.

After a ton of thread deep dives, I've settled on trying the Turbo Transformer for a little extra oomf on the freeway. I've always had some kind of ECU tune or bolt on mods on my cars; with my BMWs I've had Dinan Stage 1 on a 15' X1 35i, Dinan Shockware on a 17 340i, and well...nothing on my recent '20 M35i. This time doing something different. We're not trying to slap an unearned M on the arse/tricolors on the grill here, just a little extra passing power for these insane CA freeways.

Problem is, I'm useless mucking with the car under the hood beyond basic stuff like oil changes. So I'm looking for a local San Diego shop recommendation to install this thing. Basically too old for this sh*t, just as I'm hiring movers instead of wrangling friends to move, I'm happy to pay someone to slap the thing on...I'm good for it.

Any recommendations in San Diego greatly appreciated; I used to have all my work done at All German Auto in Escondido. I'm wondering if there's a reputable shop a little closer to the PQ/ Black Mountain area who are good to install a product they don't sell themselves. Thanks in advance!
UPDATE: Posting in CA forum as well.

Last edited by connerry330i; 02-02-2023 at 10:11 PM.. Reason: Posting in CA Forum.
Appreciate 1
      02-03-2023, 11:11 AM   #2
4cylenjoyer
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 330i 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by connerry340i View Post
Longtime member, just picked up my (arguably) least powerful BMW, a new LCI 330i.

After a ton of thread deep dives, I've settled on trying the Turbo Transformer for a little extra oomf on the freeway. I've always had some kind of ECU tune or bolt on mods on my cars; with my BMWs I've had Dinan Stage 1 on a 15' X1 35i, Dinan Shockware on a 17 340i, and well...nothing on my recent '20 M35i. This time doing something different. We're not trying to slap an unearned M on the arse/tricolors on the grill here, just a little extra passing power for these insane CA freeways.

Problem is, I'm useless mucking with the car under the hood beyond basic stuff like oil changes. So I'm looking for a local San Diego shop recommendation to install this thing. Basically too old for this sh*t, just as I'm hiring movers instead of wrangling friends to move, I'm happy to pay someone to slap the thing on...I'm good for it.

Any recommendations in San Diego greatly appreciated; I used to have all my work done at All German Auto in Escondido. I'm wondering if there's a reputable shop a little closer to the PQ/ Black Mountain area who are good to install a product they don't sell themselves. Thanks in advance!
UPDATE: Posting in CA forum as well.
Its a super easy install like maybe 2 hours tops for inexperienced. Then like 10 minutes to take off and reinstall once you get the hang. I can probanly install it for you in SD or meet you halfway. Im two hours away in Redlands area
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2023, 12:00 PM   #3
Nettles
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i

Hg Motorsports in San Marcos. Been using them for years. Phil is great to work with.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2023, 03:12 PM   #4
connerry330i
Private
Rep
Drives: 23' 330i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettles View Post
Hg Motorsports in San Marcos. Been using them for years. Phil is great to work with.
Gave them a call, said they won't install piggybacks, then tried to sell me on BM3, which of course can't really be done on a '23 vehicle. And is also not what I want/need. Appreciate the recommendation regardless.

Additionally disappointing, All German Auto in Escondido is no longer in the performance mod business. They only service cars now.