Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin 2024 M340i - Oil level measurement currently inactive

02-01-2024, 02:21 PM   #1
Hsingh131
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i

2024 M340i - Oil level measurement currently inactive

Hi Guys,

So I just recently purchased a M340i with about 4K miles on it. I get the "Oil level measurement currently inactive. If the problem recurs, have it checked by your service center." message in the morning when I try to check my oil status. Continues to show inactive even after the car is warmed up. The weird thing is that the message goes to "Engine oil level OK" after I drive it for a few minutes and put it back in park and then I don't see that error until the next morning. Is this something built into the program or something?

Or should I just take it to the dealership? I don't see anything in the manual itself.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 05:11 PM   #2
alFR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series

It says in the manual for my G21 that you need to drive for about 30min before the oil measurement becomes active, so I’d guess yours is normal.
Appreciate 0