Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK M340i Touring best PCP/Lease deal

02-26-2020, 03:17 PM   #1
sharepointalex
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 330i Touring

M340i Touring best PCP/Lease deal

Hi All,

Looking to move from my F31 335d touring to an M340i tourer. Had a test drive in an M340i last weekend and loved it (I knew I would!).

Currently exploring options for PCP/Lease. My 335 was previously leased and I bought it off the lease company after it expired (3 years) and they gave me a great deal.

Never PCP'ed before but looking into it still.

Currently haggling between the local Sytner BMW dealer on PCP and a lease company (Blue chilli leasing) who've given me their best deal.

Both of these have a large deposit (out of choice as I've got money left in my current car after sale and was going to put it in to reduce the monthlies)

Here's what I have so far -

PCP - £468 p/m, 8k miles, 48 months, £8k deposit

Lease - £450 p/m, 10k miles, 36 months, £6.3k deposit

Clearly the lease is better at the moment but PCP and PCH aren't a direct comparison. I've gone back to Sytner to try and beat that lease quote, meaning I don't put all my £8k in as a deposit.

I've also spoken to Tony @ TRL deals but his are coming up more expensive than the above.

Interested to get some thoughts and if there are any other good deals out there?

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 06:31 PM   #2
Drew474
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharepointalex View Post
Hi All,

Looking to move from my F31 335d touring to an M340i tourer. Had a test drive in an M340i last weekend and loved it (I knew I would!).

Currently exploring options for PCP/Lease. My 335 was previously leased and I bought it off the lease company after it expired (3 years) and they gave me a great deal.

Never PCP'ed before but looking into it still.

Currently haggling between the local Sytner BMW dealer on PCP and a lease company (Blue chilli leasing) who've given me their best deal.

Both of these have a large deposit (out of choice as I've got money left in my current car after sale and was going to put it in to reduce the monthlies)

Here's what I have so far -

PCP - £468 p/m, 8k miles, 48 months, £8k deposit

Lease - £450 p/m, 10k miles, 36 months, £6.3k deposit

Clearly the lease is better at the moment but PCP and PCH aren't a direct comparison. I've gone back to Sytner to try and beat that lease quote, meaning I don't put all my £8k in as a deposit.

I've also spoken to Tony @ TRL deals but his are coming up more expensive than the above.

Interested to get some thoughts and if there are any other good deals out there?

Cheers!
What options have you specced on the car?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 12:30 AM   #3
sharepointalex
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew474 View Post
What options have you specced on the car?
Just the tech pack
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 01:09 AM   #4
Drew474
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Just the tech pack
Yeh I would say you should push harder, a lot more achievable off that, especially with your deposit!

I always tend to negotiate my deal with say £500 deposit, work them down on the monthlies, then start throwing in some money. Always seems to pan out better for me.

Last edited by Drew474; 02-27-2020 at 03:23 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 03:04 AM   #5
sharepointalex
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yeh I would say you should push harder, a lot more achievable off that, especially with your deposit!

I always tend to negiote my deal with say £500 deposit, work them down on the monthlies, then start throwing in some money. Always seems to pan out better for me.
Thanks - best I found on lease was a £4k deposit for a £474 lease on 3 years but as soon as you spec cars up on lease that’s when the price really increases.

I’ve asked the dealer to beat the £450 a month lease quote with the £6k deposit so let’s see what they come back with....

Then I will go back to the man I know at Sytner (franchise director) to see what he can do on top of that.

Fingers crossed
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 05:36 AM   #6
sharepointalex
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

I always tend to negotiate my deal with say £500 deposit, work them down on the monthlies, then start throwing in some money. Always seems to pan out better for me.
Well, pleased to say I've ordered the car. Best I could get to was £470 p/m over 48 months with £6.3k deposit, 10k miles. GFV looks good and I'll probably part ex the car somewhere else after 3 years anyway.

I got bored of haggling and it's the best they could do, I renegotiated a bunch of times and in the end I'm happy with it so just thought get it ordered and crack on
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 05:48 PM   #7
Drew474
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Well, pleased to say I've ordered the car. Best I could get to was £470 p/m over 48 months with £6.3k deposit, 10k miles. GFV looks good and I'll probably part ex the car somewhere else after 3 years anyway.

I got bored of haggling and it's the best they could do, I renegotiated a bunch of times and in the end I'm happy with it so just thought get it ordered and crack on
Congrats! You will be buzzing to get it!

One thing I noticed is that the GFMV of these are less than my 435d was, to the tune of roughly £1k.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 12:44 AM   #8
Mattyk
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

Saloon
Tech pack
Merino leather
Shadow line
Ext storage
Heated steering wheel

10k pa
607dep 620 pm

Gone
F36 435d
F30 335d

Last edited by Mattyk; 02-29-2020 at 01:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 07:36 AM   #9
Rhino at Work
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 330i Portimao Blue

Quote:
Quote:

What's the GFV as a % of list price? Curious to see what BMW are currently thinking.
Appreciate 0