Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge official 2011-2012 NBA season thread!!!!

12-26-2011, 05:56 PM   #89
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
that loss was hard to swallow. 4 missed back to back free throws...
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 06:22 PM   #90
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseGuy View Post
Don't feed the troll...
Looks like the troll is you and Game. I have been in this NBA season thread for the past few seasons..
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 07:17 PM   #91
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
Looks like the troll is you and Game. I have been in this NBA season thread for the past few seasons..
i think he was talking about game not you. durp
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 12:19 AM   #92
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Don't feed the troll...
Who's trolling?

Quote:
WTF? Fisher better matchup for Rose? Did you not see how bad Rose crossed Derek old ass?

I'm not the only one who question Brown putting Fisher back into the game. If you stick to the post-game Magic Johnson criticize Brown for putting Fisher back into the game.

Getting fired after being #1 seed in the NBA for 2 consecutive seasons...Can you name a good coach getting fired after being #1 seed?
Uhh yes I'd rather have Fisher on Rose than Steve Blake.

Mike Brown is a strong defensive coach and he proved it in Cleveland. That team was good because of Lebron AND team defense.

Defensive rankings (Cavs left column - Lakers right column)

2010-11 29 6
2009-10 7 6
2008-09 3 5
2007-08 11 6
2006-07 4 24
2005-06 14 15

The Lakers are struggling right now and it's expected. No Bynum, new players, huge new coaching staff, new system, all on a fraction of offseason time. They'll get it together.

If you were Kupchak, who would you have hired?
      12-27-2011, 04:16 AM   #93
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
Rep
Drives: Black E90

Quote:
I started the thread last season....or was it the season before that?

Anyways, I was referring to Game...

I don't believe in Mike Brown.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 02:02 PM   #94
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I started the thread last season....or was it the season before that?

Anyways, I was referring to Game...

I don't believe in Mike Brown.
Doesn't mean I'm trolling.

The stats speak for themselves, he's a good defensive coach. Lebron surely helped, but team defense was the their second biggest strength.
      12-27-2011, 03:04 PM   #95
Francis M.
Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2010 3 series sedan

Garage List
2010 e90  [0.00]
2010 e90  [0.00]
I know the Lakers lost two in a row but Having Bynum in the middle makes a huge difference in the way the line up plays....

Putting the lakers loss to Chicago on Brown is absurd! Missed Free throws and Kobe's turn over cost the game! I'm a big Kobe fan but you could tell he was a little off on his ball handling that game.
MODS-ST c/o- full Mtech conversion-ltbmw carbon lip/ OEM trunk lip/ performance diffuser/gloss vinyl roof/ lux8 angels/ euro air box/performance exhaust/ CCW classics/performance shifter and hand brake
performance bbk/
active xenon lights
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #96
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 06:03 AM   #97
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Doesn't mean I'm trolling.

The stats speak for themselves, he's a good defensive coach. Lebron surely helped, but team defense was the their second biggest strength.
Stats don't mean much.

A coach can have a lot of wins if he has been coaching for decades. Winning percentages can also be from superstar teams. Putting Phil Jackson on the Kings wouldn't do much help. Having Dwight on your team would also boost up defensive stats.

We judge Mike Brown by looking at him coaching.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 02:45 PM   #98
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis M. View Post
I know the Lakers lost two in a row but Having Bynum in the middle makes a huge difference in the way the line up plays....

Putting the lakers loss to Chicago on Brown is absurd! Missed Free throws and Kobe's turn over cost the game! I'm a big Kobe fan but you could tell he was a little off on his ball handling that game.
How often do you see Kobe turn the ball over in the most important play of the game? It was a poorly drawn inbound play....

Quote:
Stats don't mean much.

A coach can have a lot of wins if he has been coaching for decades. Winning percentages can also be from superstar teams. Putting Phil Jackson on the Kings wouldn't do much help. Having Dwight on your team would also boost up defensive stats.

Bandwagon fans won't understand that..
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 03:49 PM   #99
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
How often do you see Kobe turn the ball over in the most important play of the game? It was a poorly drawn inbound play....

Bandwagon fans won't understand that..

If you watched the Lakers play you'd know Kobe makes as much mistakes at the end of the game as positive plays. Then again you probably just watch Sportscenter...

You think Brown told Kobe to get rid of the ball like that? Please, it was careless mistake on his part. LOL @ you blaming Brown for a Kobe turnover. SMH.

Glad all you have to bring to this argument is your personal opinions. Still haven't answered my question, who would you
have hired?

Quote:
Stats don't mean much.

Thanks for proving my point.

A guy like Dwight helps boost defensive stats, please tell me a Dwight Howard caliber defensive player that the Cavs had those years.
      12-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #100
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
Rep

09-10

Lebron James has the stats of a C while playing SF. He has very similar stats to Shaq and Varejao. And again, stats don't mean much because they don't show they affect the opposing team's shoot percentage from forced shots and etc. There's way too many factors that go into good and bad defense.

And about the "how would you have hired" question, I believe Lakers had the choice between Brian Shaw, former Rocket's coach, and Mike Brown.

I'd go with Rockets, Shaw, and then Mike Brown.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 04:48 PM   #101
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
09-10

Lebron James has the stats of a C while playing SF. He has very similar stats to Shaq and Varejao. And again, stats don't mean much because they don't show they affect the opposing team's shoot percentage from forced shots and etc. There's way too many factors that go into good and bad defense.

And about the "how would you have hired" question, I believe Lakers had the choice between Brian Shaw, former Rocket's coach, and Mike Brown.

Lebron has the stats of a center? I'm not even sure what that means. Didn't you just say stats don't matter? Face it, he's a good defensive coach. Lakers are 7th right now in points against and 5th in opponent FG% and that's without their defensive anchor. He puts together a great defensive plan and it'll only get better.

I rooted for Adelman to get the job too and was less than thrilled when I heard Brown was the coach, but I'm not gonna bash him until I see him making mistakes and losses piling up. Brian Shaw, ehh I'm guessing Kupchak saw he wasn't ready. I can't imagine Kobe listening too much to an ex teammate that was never remotely on his level.

Last edited by Game; 12-28-2011 at 05:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 04:57 PM   #102
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Lakers are 7th right now in points against and 5th in opponent FG% and that's without their defensive anchor.
i didnt know rankings 3 games in mattered...
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 05:07 PM   #103
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
I gave stats for the years he coached the Cavs as well.

But if you watched the games, the Lakers defense has been pretty impressive especially considering the circumstances.

edit- Also keep in mind that the other guys are criticizing him after only 3 games...

Last edited by Game; 12-28-2011 at 05:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 07:12 PM   #104
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Bobcats looking good against the Heat tonight. Up 15 at halftime.
      12-28-2011, 08:30 PM   #105
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

Quote:
Bobcats looking good against the Heat tonight. Up 15 at halftime.
Took Heat -11.5 for the second half. EASY MONEY!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 11:21 PM   #106
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by choicez View Post
Took Heat -11.5 for the second half. EASY MONEY!
Good bet.

Good teams know how to close.
      12-29-2011, 12:41 PM   #107
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Good bet.

Good teams know how to close.
Hate to say it but Lakers need to take some notes from the Heat
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 12:55 PM   #108
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

If you watched the Lakers play you'd know Kobe makes as much mistakes at the end of the game as positive plays. Then again you probably just watch Sportscenter...

You think Brown told Kobe to get rid of the ball like that? Please, it was careless mistake on his part. LOL @ you blaming Brown for a Kobe turnover. SMH.

Glad all you have to bring to this argument is your personal opinions. Still haven't answered my question, who would you
have hired?

Thanks for proving my point.

A guy like Dwight helps boost defensive stats, please tell me a Dwight Howard caliber defensive player that the Cavs had those years.
wtf? How often do you see Kobe making a critical turnover at the end of the game? I rarely see that under Phil Jackson. The problem with that turnover is because Brown didn't draw a better play. Therefore, causing Kobe to be trapped.... Seems like you wouldn't understand that since you don't understand the fundamentals of basketball. Bandwagon fans...

I would of kept Brian Shaw...

Quote:
09-10

Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 12:57 PM   #109
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post

Quote:
I gave stats for the years he coached the Cavs as well.

But if you watched the games, the Lakers defense has been pretty impressive especially considering the circumstances.

edit- Also keep in mind that the other guys are criticizing him after only 3 games...
I am criticizing Brown as a coach of the Cavs, which he didn't just coach 3 games...
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 01:57 PM   #110
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

I am criticizing Brown as a coach of the Cavs, which he didn't just coach 3 games...

Quote:
wtf? How often do you see Kobe making a critical turnover at the end of the game? I rarely see that under Phil Jackson. The problem with that turnover is because Brown didn't draw a better play. Therefore, causing Kobe to be trapped.... Seems like you wouldn't understand that since you don't understand the fundamentals of basketball. Bandwagon fans...

I would of kept Brian Shaw...

lol thanks for proving my point, you don't watch the games and are spoon fed what ESPN gives you. Kobe makes a ton of mistakes and bad decisions towards the end of games. Ask someone who watches a lot of Lakers game and they'll tell you the same.

Kobe had 8 turnovers against the Bulls, he was sloppy. There were 20 seconds left, he didn't even need to move the ball. The Bulls would have been called for a foul if they attempted to tie themselves up (for a jumpball) because of Kobe's superstar status.

Was that a well drawn up play by Phil Jackson?

Look familiar? Up 1, Lakers ball and Kobe throws it away.

As a guy who watches almost 100% of Lakers game, trust me...it's on Kobe.