Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Climate control not functioning plz help

01-22-2024, 06:49 PM   #1
Bronxg20
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Hi guys, I own a 2021 bmw 330i, M sport package. Everything was working fine then I sprayed air freshner into the AC vents while it’s on max, now my climate control buttons won’t work and the screen won’t light up. At first it was dimming in and out but now is just completely off. I can manage my ac through the screen just fine, everything else works just fine, but the climate control is gone. I also have a video but idk how to upload it on here. Could it be a fuse? Please help 🙏
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2024, 07:46 PM   #2
Delighted_Jester
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Did you spray it into the vents above the controls? If so i guess if enough accumulated and dripped down it could hurt things. If youre trying to freshen the smell you spray into the filter location. I also feel like that panel being dead would throw a hidden code.
Appreciate 1
      01-22-2024, 08:48 PM   #3
Bronxg20
Rep

I sure did spray the vents above the controls. Then after that, the lights started flickering on and off, buttons would work sometimes then don’t work the next minute. Now is just completely dead. Do u think it will fix itself once it dries up?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 05:24 AM   #4
Delighted_Jester
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxg20 View Post
I sure did spray the vents above the controls. Then after that, the lights started flickering on and off, buttons would work sometimes then don’t work the next minute. Now is just completely dead. Do u think it will fix itself once it dries up?
Before i purchased a new panel, id remove it from the car (yes, remove the dash pieces) and take it apart the best i can to let it dry, or verify water damage.
Sorry to be a nihilist but i doubt itll fix itself.

I see your safety system button (green circle) is off but the hazard switch is on. Im not sure if thats normal. Do they both work?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 05:45 AM   #5
Bronxg20
Rep

Only the hazard works, nothing else. I’m still under warranty thankfully. Everything works just fine in the car.

Could it be a fuse? I have attached some “maybes” I found online doing research.

#5 & #66 I have circled in red.

There’s is another one for “interior lights” but I scratched that off being that every other light/function works inside.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 07:44 AM   #6
Delighted_Jester
Private
Rep

Theres a paper folded up inside the trunk fuse box and itll tell you exactly which fuse is which. Some G20 have a basic and others a high fuse box. As far as #5 you can check that one but its a pain to remove footwell cover.
Also i would NOT give this info about spraying to the service center....sorry i cant be more help
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 08:28 AM   #7
Bronxg20
Rep

Passenger side footwell not hard at all bro, just 2 clips on each side that u gotta turn to unlock the plastic and remove it.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 08:37 AM   #8
peelerec
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i Mineral Grey

Garage List
2022 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Hi guys, I own a 2021 bmw 330i, M sport package. Everything was working fine then I sprayed air freshner into the AC vents while it’s on max, now my climate control buttons won’t work and the screen won’t light up. At first it was dimming in and out but now is just completely off. I can manage my ac through the screen just fine, everything else works just fine, but the climate control is gone. I also have a video but idk how to upload it on here. Could it be a fuse? Please help 🙏
Definitely should not have sprayed into the vents above the climate control buttons. If you wanted to spray air freshener to actually circulate and freshen up the car, it should be sprayed in the passenger footwell.
Since you are under warranty, I would take it to the dealership. Be prepared to potentially hear bad news. This is definitely user error and not a defect.
      01-23-2024, 08:40 AM   #9
Bronxg20
Rep

Well I can always blame it on the water that accumulates on driver side foot well when it rains hard, it’s a known defect on these cars, I had made an appointment for that a 4 days ago. I think people here posted about the problem being inside the driver side door, a seal? Idk.

Regardless, I won’t ever speak on the spray part lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 09:01 AM   #10
peelerec
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i Mineral Grey

Garage List
2022 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Well I can always blame it on the water that accumulates on driver side foot well when it rains hard, it’s a known defect on these cars, I had made an appointment for that a 4 days ago. I think people here posted about the problem being inside the driver side door, a seal? Idk.

Regardless, I won’t ever speak on the spray part lol.
They might see residue of whatever crap you sprayed into the vent. If I was the tech, I’d know, lol.
Good luck!
      01-23-2024, 09:11 AM   #11
Bronxg20
Rep

I’m hoping a fuse shorted out before anything else was damaged. When I get home from work, I’ll remove every single fuse to check for damaged ones
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 07:39 PM   #12
Bronxg20
Rep

Long story short, dealer didn’t cover the part, I fried out the climate control. I bought another one and installed myself, the dealer did say it had to be programmed.

But everything works flawlessly on my car now, except seat warmers, I’m guessing that’s what they meant as to have to code it. Is there a way I can code this myself? I hear the seat warmers click on and off when I touch the button, just barely/no heat going to the seats.

There’s a before and after pics. Any help is appreciated!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 11:46 AM   #13
CJ201
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW m340I

My climate control buttons stopped working as well. However, I’m not sure what caused it to stop working.

Have you tried turning on the heated seats through BMW Voice? I can turn mine on VIA BMW voice.

Can you provide the link where you purchased yours from?
Appreciate 0