Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Connected Package Professional & others soon to expire

04-24-2024, 09:45 AM   #23
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 325ti Compact Sport, G21 M340i

My Connected Drive package expires on 11/05/24.

I'm a little unclear as to what my options are TBH.

The "Connected" package offered is "Connected Booster" (No XL available) at £89.00 per annum.

When I look at the details of that package, it states:-

"If digital services are active in your vehicle that also contain the ConnectedDrive Booster package, these will be shown with a separate expiry date in the BMW ConnectedDrive Store up to the end of the respective term after booking the package. As soon as the individual service expires, it will no longer be shown separately as a booked service in the Store. It will then be automatically transferred to the package and will receive the same contract expiry date as the package itself."

OK fair enough, but what I'm not clear on, is if the "Map Update" package, which also expires on the 11/05/24 would cost me an additional £79.00 pe annum to renew as well?

So that would be:-

£89.00 a year for "Connected Booster"

Plus an additional £79.00 a year to have access to the Map Updates.

Is that right? Or does the Connected Booster Package include access to Map Updates

This is what I see just now in my Conneced Drive account.

TIA!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 10:12 AM   #24
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

I just had a look when I renewed my one last year and it was the Connected Booster XL.

Be mindful that if you renew today, it probably will start from today and not the 12th May! Just wait and renew on the 12th.

Have you updated you maps recently via the BMW downloader? If not, I would do that before the 11th so you have the 2024/2 maps.

You can then try the BMW Downloader after the 12th to see if it still works or if you need that package too. I would then wait until 2024/3 is released and renew a few weeks later so you should be able to get 2025/3 next year before it runs out.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 10:22 AM   #25
lnlyssg
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i

It doesn't include map updates
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 10:40 AM   #26
willougs
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tok'Ra View Post

Is that right?
That's my understanding from when I renewed last month. I haven't bothered with map updates. Will maybe consider renewing if it's discounted during Black Friday event.
If I still have the car.
      04-24-2024, 11:26 AM   #27
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by willougs View Post
That's my understanding from when I renewed last month. I haven't bothered with map updates. Will maybe consider renewing if it's discounted during Black Friday event.
If I still have the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnlyssg View Post
It doesn't include map updates
Quote:
Originally Posted by srbs73 View Post
I just had a look when I renewed my one last year and it was the Connected Booster XL.

Be mindful that if you renew today, it probably will start from today and not the 12th May! Just wait and renew on the 12th.

Have you updated you maps recently via the BMW downloader? If not, I would do that before the 11th so you have the 2024/2 maps.

You can then try the BMW Downloader after the 12th to see if it still works or if you need that package too. I would then wait until 2024/3 is released and renew a few weeks later so you should be able to get 2025/3 next year before it runs out.
OK thanks for your replies flolks!

Based on that, I won't be renewing anything when my Connected Drives expires next month then as I would only really use the BMW voice assistant and spotify in the car on occasions, and I really do not need my maps to be right up to date either.

I have downloaded the latest Map Update, and will ensure that it's been installed before the Connected Drive package expires next month.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 11:35 AM   #28
sjb993
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i XDrive MHT

Quote:
My Connected Drive package expires on 11/05/24.

I'm a little unclear as to what my options are TBH.

The "Connected" package offered is "Connected Booster" (No XL available) at £89.00 per annum.

When I look at the details of that package, it states:-

"If digital services are active in your vehicle that also contain the ConnectedDrive Booster package, these will be shown with a separate expiry date in the BMW ConnectedDrive Store up to the end of the respective term after booking the package. As soon as the individual service expires, it will no longer be shown separately as a booked service in the Store. It will then be automatically transferred to the package and will receive the same contract expiry date as the package itself."

OK fair enough, but what I'm not clear on, is if the "Map Update" package, which also expires on the 11/05/24 would cost me an additional £79.00 pe annum to renew as well?

So that would be:-

Is that right? Or does the Connected Booster Package include access to Map Updates

This is what I see just now in my Conneced Drive account.

TIA!
Could you post a picture after you have pressed the details button so we can see what you get.

TIA
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 01:22 PM   #29
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb993 View Post
Could you post a picture after you have pressed the details button so we can see what you get.

TIA
Sure. Here you go. This is what you get with Connected Booster.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 01:34 PM   #30
sjb993
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i XDrive MHT

Many thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 02:00 PM   #31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Same for me I'm not bothering with any of it I don't use Spotify Alexa or any other bits really.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 02:02 PM   #32
paulockenden
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e xDrive Touring

I only renewed mine for the Spotify, even though the built-in client is sh!te.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 02:52 PM   #33
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Bearing in mind that I do not have a 330e, so I cannot pre-heat my cabin, but I do have Climate Control Rules set so that when the ambient outside temperature drops below a user defined level (In my case 3°c) the steering wheel heating and heated seats will come on automatically when I start the car.

Will that still work OK if I have no Connected Booster package? I really like that feature, and we had frost yet again this morning, so that's something I would not want to do without.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 03:19 PM   #34
lnlyssg
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i

I'm fairly certain that you will lose that feature but you can add it back again with coding - https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2071258
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2024, 03:42 PM   #35
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

In truth, I had intended to renew my Connected Drive subscription, If only for the not great, Spotify app, which does sound better than the AA version, and I did suspect that my climate rules would stop working, and I may end up renewing, just for that.

I just had not been aware that to continue to be able to download Map Updates BMW expect us to pay another £79 a year just for that, and I'm feeling a bit butt hurt ATM.

I could just code in the Climate Rules again, I think I will just purchase the Bimmercode app.

I guess I have a few weeks to mull things over.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 03:50 PM   #36
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
In truth, I had intended to renew my Connected Drive subscription, If only for the not great, Spotify app, which does sound better than the AA version, and I did suspect that my climate rules would stop working, and I may end up renewing, just for that.

I just had not been aware that to continue to be able to download Map Updates BMW expect us to pay another £79 a year just for that, and I'm feeling a bit butt hurt ATM.

I could just code in the Climate Rules again, I think I will just purchase the Bimmercode app.

I guess I have a few weeks to mull things over.
If you do a fair bit of travelling it might be worth bearing in mind you will lose RTTI as well if that's important for you?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 03:50 PM   #37
seanblee
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 M340i

I'm living without map updates for now in the hope that BMW do their Black Friday sale on the Connected Drive store again this year - if they do then I'll add it back then.
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2024, 03:53 PM   #38
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnut View Post
If you do a fair bit of travelling it might be worth bearing in mind you will lose RTTI as well if that's important for you?
I don't travel that much bmnut, and I had to look up RTTI to find out what it was
Appreciate 1
bmnut815.00
      04-24-2024, 04:21 PM   #39
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I don't travel that much bmnut, and I had to look up RTTI to find out what it was

That's understandable if you're not likely to benefit from it nor lose out any by not having it.
I do a fair amount of travelling so will likely continue it after September 2025 when mine runs out and for a cost (at today's prices) of less than two quid a week don't mind paying it. I even keep it going on my wife's 220i coupe (coming up to 4 yrs old) as we often use her car for many trips, like the recent one on a (very) wet Isle of Mull for a week!
Hell it still works out less than a pint in my local which is an outrageous £5.40....!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 04:38 PM   #40
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
[/FONT][/SIZE]

That's understandable if you're not likely to benefit from it nor lose out any by not having it.
I do a fair amount of travelling so will likely continue it after September 2025 when mine runs out and for a cost (at today's prices) of less than two quid a week don't mind paying it. I even keep it going on my wife's 220i coupe (coming up to 4 yrs old) as we often use her car for many trips, like the recent one on a (very) wet Isle of Mull for a week!
Hell it still works out less than a pint in my local which is an outrageous £5.40....!
And £5.40 a pint! Really! FFS!! I do drink, mostly spirits, but I have not frequented a pub in quite some time, and with prices like that, I can't see me changing that habbit any time soon. That is indeed outrageous!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 04:48 PM   #41
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
And £5.40 a pint! Really! FFS!! I do drink, mostly spirits, but I have not frequented a pub in quite some time, and with prices like that, I can't see me changing that habbit any time soon. That is indeed outrageous!
Trust me I don't go that often at those prices...bloody 'Greedy King!'
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 04:59 PM   #42
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Trust me I don't go that often at those prices...bloody 'Greedy King!'
The Greedy King! Is that the name of your local pub? If not, it bloody well should be!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 02:53 AM   #43
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
The Greedy King! Is that the name of your local pub? If not, it bloody well should be!

Nah! It's part of the 'Greene King' empire (now owned by a Chinese - Hong Kong based real estate company apparently) known locally as 'Greedy King'.

Anyway, back on topic!

I've done the map update service for a couple of years after the 'free' updates after three years have run out on previous cars but have found that BMW seem to be less interested in issuing updates as frequently for older map versions. My wife's 220i is on NBT Evo mapping system with ID6 and only got two updates last year so we'll probably can the Map Update Package on hers next year.
Getting, say, four a year is probably still worth it if you are keen to keep updating the mapping, but then again as others on here have also said how often do the roads in our network change that much from year to year?
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2024, 10:42 AM   #44
Riccardog
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G21 320i Touring MSport

Very useful replies on this thread, thanks!

Mine will reach 3yr age in July. Seems like a costly period about to start... I'm thinking the following costs are on the horizon now:

1- Brake fluid change (£150 from Sytner)
2- MOT £55
3- Connected Drive as above £89
4- Maps update £79
5- End of warranty check, from older threads this no longer applies / is available?
6- Warranty extension, £?

And on top I wanted to have an interim oil service, which again seems to be ~£350 from Sytner.
Appreciate 0