Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs) Tar and Asphalt Removal

10-08-2019, 12:21 PM   #1
Full Court Press
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340

Tar and Asphalt Removal

Greetings,

Looking for recommendations on detailing shops in DMV area. Rockville or Silver Spring preferred though will go the distance for an all-pro and highly recommended shop. I'm in Bethesda and my neighborhood streets are repaved which is resulting in a mess of road conditions.

This morning I briefly drove (in my 2-week old M340 xDrive) over surface that had tar / asphalt applied that sprayed over the tire and wheel area, side panels, sideview mirror as well as rocker panel blades. By the time I got into the office garage the stuff had hardened. I wish the road crew had provided signs or cones to warn drivers to stay on the other side of the road.

Also open to recommendations on tar removal products. I have BMW Bug, Tar and Treesap Remover.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 12:37 PM   #2
R.Wiggum
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330i

Try District Detail. I have not used them for more than a car wash, but I will be going back for ceramic coating in the future. https://www.districtdetail.com/
Appreciate 0