Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Automatic Seat Heating

02-12-2020, 09:51 AM   #1
Tam the Bam
Grumpy Old Git
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i RWD M Sport

Garage List
Automatic Seat Heating

Had my car in last month for a software update. Now on 11/2019.41

Ever since then the automatic seat heating has not worked. I’ve switched it off and then back on in iDrive, I’ve changed temp setting and amount of seat heating numerous times. No matter what I try it will not come on when the outside temp is below the setting in iDrive. No biggy as I just need to press the button myself but it should work and did work before.

Any ideas?

F10 520D M Sport
E60 520D SE
Volvo S60 type R
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 10:53 AM   #2
-Nick
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

Sorry I can't be much help but I've been updated to 11/2019 and still have issues with climatising from the app. Sometimes it works others it doesn't.

However when it does I'm pretty sure the seats are heated also
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 02:34 PM   #3
Andy3661
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 3 Series 320D XDRIVE M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam the Bam View Post
Had my car in last month for a software update. Now on 11/2019.41

Ever since then the automatic seat heating has not worked. I've switched it off and then back on in iDrive, I've changed temp setting and amount of seat heating numerous times. No matter what I try it will not come on when the outside temp is below the setting in iDrive. No biggy as I just need to press the button myself but it should work and did work before.

Any ideas?
Mine has always been intermittent but does eventually come on.

This part of the Idrive is actually an app can can be found in the app section so the button on the dash links to the app when you press it.

From what I can gather it sometimes takes time to connect to the app to activate the settings so this would be the same with the heated seat activation if that makes sense.
BMW 320D XDRIVE Mineral White, M-Sport Plus Pack, Tech Pack, Premium Pack, Visibility Pack, Comfort Pack, Live Cockpit Professional, Connected Package Professional, Driving Assistant Professional & Parking Assistant Plus
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2020, 02:54 PM   #4
Jkwon
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

After pre-conditioning I can tell the seat has been on but when I get in the seat turns off, however steeringhweel doesn't turn off. if I haven't preheated then it turns on flawlessly...(but steering wheel doesn't come on auto)
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 04:22 PM   #5
Tam the Bam
Grumpy Old Git
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy3661 View Post
Mine has always been intermittent but does eventually come on.

This part of the Idrive is actually an app can can be found in the app section so the button on the dash links to the app when you press it.

From what I can gather it sometimes takes time to connect to the app to activate the settings so this would be the same with the heated seat activation if that makes sense.
I’ll have a look at the app.

F10 520D M Sport
E60 520D SE
Volvo S60 type R
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 11:37 AM   #6
Tam the Bam
Grumpy Old Git
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Updated the apps in iDrive today. Seat heating is working but takes a while before it switches itself on. So don’t know now if it was not working or just taking longer to turn itself on and I was being impatient and switched it in before it did it automatically. I’m sure before the software update that it used to start up quicker.

Anyway, all back and working now.

F10 520D M Sport
E60 520D SE
Volvo S60 type R
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 03:22 PM   #7
Andy3661
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 3 Series 320D XDRIVE M

Garage List
Quote:
Updated the apps in iDrive today. Seat heating is working but takes a while before it switches itself on. So don't know now if it was not working or just taking longer to turn itself on and I was being impatient and switched it in before it did it automatically. I'm sure before the software update that it used to start up quicker.

Glad it's working, I do find mine differs so in the morning takes a while could be a mile down the road but if I have not been out of the car for long seems to start quicker.

Every now and again seem to forget the settings.
BMW 320D XDRIVE Mineral White, M-Sport Plus Pack, Tech Pack, Premium Pack, Visibility Pack, Comfort Pack, Live Cockpit Professional, Connected Package Professional, Driving Assistant Professional & Parking Assistant Plus
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 09:05 AM   #8
EmptyFolder
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Quote:
Updated the apps in iDrive today. Seat heating is working but takes a while before it switches itself on. So don't know now if it was not working or just taking longer to turn itself on and I was being impatient and switched it in before it did it automatically. I'm sure before the software update that it used to start up quicker.

Quote:

Hi, how did you update those apps? Because it doesn't start for me either with remote start
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 10:03 AM   #9
Tam the Bam
Grumpy Old Git
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyFolder View Post
Hi, how did you update those apps? Because it doesn't start for me either with remote start
I think when in the app screen if you use the options button (next to the iDrive controller) it gives you the option to update apps.

F10 520D M Sport
E60 520D SE
Volvo S60 type R
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 12:30 PM   #10
EmptyFolder
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Quote:
Quote:
I think when in the app screen if you use the options button (next to the iDrive controller) it gives you the option to update apps.
Quote:

Nope I'm in connected where my apps are and it's just help and turn off screen when I press options
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2021, 01:06 PM   #11
Tam the Bam
Grumpy Old Git
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Nope I'm in connected where my apps are and it's just help and turn off screen when I press options
On the iDrive system on the first menu - choose “Apps”. Move the iDrive controller to the “Installed Apps” option. When on it press the options button and you should get the option to update.

F10 520D M Sport
E60 520D SE
Volvo S60 type R
Appreciate 0