Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications M340i Tune And Mod Advise

02-17-2020, 04:30 AM   #1
Austin340iMartin
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

M340i Tune And Mod Advise

What's going on guys. I just purchased a 2020 m340i and I'm looking for some advise on who to take the car to.

I've heard of a few good tuners just wanted some extra advise from the community

I'm in the Los angles area

Also I believe my car was a post tune production model, does anyone know the date of manufacturing needed to qualify for this? I believe mine was made in early 2019 and has not been detuned

I am also looking for a sponsor or garage that would like to put their hands on this car
Attached Images

02-17-2020, 04:46 AM   #2
john!smith
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i XDrive

congrats first! after breaking in at least 2000km i recommend you mhd stage one.

have fun with your new car!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 04:58 AM   #3
Austin340iMartin
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by john!smith View Post
congrats first! after breaking in at least 2000km i recommend you mhd stage one.

have fun with your new car!
Well I actually have around 4K miles on it now so I think it's ready to go!

And MHD? I've never heard of them I'm going to check them out thanks again
      02-17-2020, 08:52 AM   #4
Gdiddy23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
There was no detuning of the engine ever. That is a myth and still not sure why that was ever spread around this forum. Nobody could confirm this statement and was originally made by a tuner (go figure)
Appreciate 1
      02-17-2020, 11:04 AM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats!

We offer the Jb4 with 14 days money back guarantee. Give it a try and if you do not like it, we will take it back no questions asked.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 2
      02-17-2020, 11:21 AM   #6
PunkSinatra
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Alpina D5S

I'm running Mission performance stage 2 and very happy.

I came from a F80 competition, and the power of mission performance tune is mind blowing. Fully recommend working with Alex.

MHD are still in beta testing.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 11:34 AM   #7
Austin340iMartin
Rep

@PunkSinatra

How do you get in contact with them I've heard great things I just can't find a contact for mission performance
      02-17-2020, 12:00 PM   #8
PunkSinatra
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinm34iMartin View Post
@PunkSinatra

How do you get in contact with them I've heard great things I just can't find a contact for mission performance

https://missiontuning.com/

You can find everything you need on the website. I sugest calling directly Alex to get a quicker response.

You live in Los Angeles, they are in Rancho Cucamonga. I had to send my ECU all the way from Europe, i think for you should be much easier. As long as your car doesn't have the latest software from BMW you should be able to do everything remotly.

Give him a call, you won't regret it.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 03:58 PM   #9
Austin340iMartin
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkSinatra View Post
Quote:
@PunkSinatra

https://missiontuning.com/

You can find everything you need on the website. I sugest calling directly Alex to get a quicker response.

You live in Los Angeles, they are in Rancho Cucamonga. I had to send my ECU all the way from Europe, i think for you should be much easier. As long as your car doesn't have the latest software from BMW you should be able to do everything remotly.

Give him a call, you won't regret it.
I was able to get in contact with him, I will keep you guys updated on what I do!

I'm excited to see what kind of gains we can get
      02-18-2020, 10:42 AM   #10
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

My vote (and money) go to Mission Performance

Alex @ Mission Performance is without a doubt an absolute genius when it comes to tuning the B58 platform. His accomplishments and industry firsts are crazy impressive. And he is fine gentleman to work with.

That said the fact that he is physically maybe 45 mins from you would make many jealous - not that you need physical proximity to your tuner but if you are close that's just one more reason, in my book, to work with them.

I would run...not walk to MP and give them your money

Good luck with everything - keep us updated!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 11:49 AM   #11
Austin340iMartin
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post

Alex @ Mission Performance is without a doubt an absolute genius when it comes to tuning the B58 platform. His accomplishments and industry firsts are crazy impressive. And he is fine gentleman to work with.

That said the fact that he is physically maybe 45 mins from you would make many jealous - not that you need physical proximity to your tuner but if you are close that's just one more reason, in my book, to work with them.

Man that's an awesome perspective to have and thank you, as well as everyone else that has helped in any way.

It means a lot lol now it's time to have some fun with this car
      02-18-2020, 03:36 PM   #12
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post

Man that's an awesome perspective to have and thank you, as well as everyone else that has helped in any way.

It means a lot lol now it's time to have some fun with this car
absolutely and this is coming from a 48 year old that has owned more cars than i care to admit (all modified to some extent)

For fun if you have the time go visit Alex in Rancho and drive his flashed M340 and then decide what you want to do. I know for a fact he would be happy to accommodate you :-)

Your feedback relative to stock vs flashed would be fun to read ( reviews usually start with holy sh*t - amazing etc)

let us know and beautiful car!!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 11:04 PM   #13
PunkSinatra
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Is your car on their Instagram page?

Congratulations.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 07:39 AM   #14
Denys_BMW
Private
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: M340i xDrive

I would suggest you Bm3 or MHD OTS maps for the beginning. MHD has so simple and cool APP that i like them more, but it is subjective.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 07:48 AM   #15
possible335i2008
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

I would suggest just enjoy the car, it's plenty fast and warranty is nice. No matter what anyone says the engine goes or a transmission failure etc your stuck with a hefty bill just to go moderately faster, because bmw will find out and then you lost your power train warranty. If the car isn't fast enough, save time and money and get a faster car, just my opinion after some hard lessons learned.
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2020, 08:00 AM   #16
Denys_BMW
Private
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by possible335i2008 View Post
I would suggest just enjoy the car, it's plenty fast and warranty is nice. No matter what anyone says the engine goes or a transmission failure etc your stuck with a hefty bill just to go moderately faster, because bmw will find out and then you lost your power train warranty. If the car isn't fast enough, save time and money and get a faster car, just my opinion after some hard lessons learned.
I agree but not for 100%. I agree with this: "I would suggest just enjoy the car, it's plenty fast and warranty is nice". Car is really awesome, fast, enjoyable. At least for first year you could have 1000% of pleasure from stock vehicle and only after one year start to THINK about Stage1, Stage2..
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 08:12 AM   #17
possible335i2008
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denys_BMW View Post
Quote:
I agree but not for 100%. I agree with this: "[COLOR="Red"]I would suggest just enjoy the car, it's plenty fast and warranty is nice[/COLOR]". Car is really awesome, fast, enjoyable. At least for first year you could have 1000% of pleasure from stock vehicle and only after one year start to [SIZE="3"]THINK[/SIZE] about Stage1, Stage2..
Yeah that's also a great perspective, but I think people are lulled into a sense of security with tunes that actually never exists. They (BMW) will find out and you will have a massive bill, was it worth it for a couple of tenths off 0-60 maybe? I think if your going to tune your car really look at the possibility of blowing 10-15k to fix your car If it all goes wrong. Now are there some people who get away with it? Maybe but a lot don't and people say get a lawyer and this and that but by the time your done you have already paid 10k. Just be prepared for the worst case scenario any time you tune a car even if mild can cause serious issues to your vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 09:56 AM   #18
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I would suggest you Bm3 or MHD OTS maps for the beginning. MHD has so simple and cool APP that i like them more, but it is subjective.
BM3 (Pro Tuning Freaks) is not available for the M340
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 07:22 PM   #19
nola2atx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I agree but not for 100%. I agree with this: "[COLOR="Red"]I would suggest just enjoy the car, it's plenty fast and warranty is nice[/COLOR]". Car is really awesome, fast, enjoyable. At least for first year you could have 1000% of pleasure from stock vehicle and only after one year start to [SIZE="3"]THINK[/SIZE] about Stage1, Stage2..
Yeah that's also a great perspective, but I think people are lulled into a sense of security with tunes that actually never exists. They (BMW) will find out and you will have a massive bill, was it worth it for a couple of tenths off 0-60 maybe? I think if your going to tune your car really look at the possibility of blowing 10-15k to fix your car If it all goes wrong. Now are there some people who get away with it? Maybe but a lot don't and people say get a lawyer and this and that but by the time your done you have already paid 10k. Just be prepared for the worst case scenario any time you tune a car even if mild can cause serious issues to your vehicle.
This is why I usually stick with tuners who back it up with warranty

My Exes:
E36, E46, F30
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 08:32 PM   #20
possible335i2008
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nola2atx View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This is why I usually stick with tuners who back it up with warranty
Yeah Dinan does they haven't released a tune yet have they?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 08:57 PM   #21
Gdiddy23
Major
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
There's barely any mods for the M340 after an entire year
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 09:05 PM   #22
TheBenchmark
Private
Rep

A lot of parts from the Supra are interchangeable.
Appreciate 0