Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Photos / Videos / Journals Picked up my 330i Msport yesterday

03-05-2019, 12:51 AM   #45
Da808dad
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
Congrats bro,i saw your car at dealership last friday..and i took few pics..😊
Car looks amazing and color is blast!
One thing i would like to point out,you have mentioned several times that you have one more set of wheels and tires...
You need to be aware that G series(5x112mm) have different bolt pattern then F series(5x120mm)..so its useless.
Good luck and have a nice and safe ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
You need to be aware that G series(5x112mm) have different bolt pattern then F series(5x120mm)..so its useless.
Damn, guess I'm gonna have to sell my Advan's when the new M3 comes out.
Appreciate 1
eau_rouge515.50
      03-05-2019, 12:58 AM   #46
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Congrats on the new ride! I'm intrigued by your description of the laser lights. Is this impressive extra light only available with high beams? I'm assuming it is since low beams cannot blind oncoming traffic and you mentioned turning them on separately. Or is there standard LED high beam + extra laser high beam?

Also, for the issue with your knee resting on hard plastic, does this car not come with the leather-wrapped knee pad against the left side of the center console like my M240i has? In my car, you can rest your knee to the right against this pad. I noticed it was helpful when taking hard turns during my Performance Center Delivery in South Carolina.

As for the vehicle feeling larger than expected, this doesn't surprise me, really. I saw a 330i M Sport at my local gym where I play basketball (also in Portimau blue) and it did look rather long from the side profile. I bet it only feels big, however, on narrower European roads. I'm sure it still handles very well on track as evidenced by all the N-ring spy vids.

Anyone know what the reason is for the bolt pattern change on the wheels?
      03-05-2019, 05:53 AM   #47
Saphirschwarz
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2

Lookin good ! Especially the interior .... I would love to drive in it everyday... next m3 maybe ?
Congrats !
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 05:55 AM   #48
Saphirschwarz
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2

One more thing ... I had the f32 428i, and tuning it from 250 to 290 hp really changed the car
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 05:57 AM   #49
eau_rouge
Germany
Rep
Drives: Alpina B3 G21 Touring

Garage List
Looks good, especially the interior! Can't wait for the new M3/4. As soon as the Competition is out, I will be on the list for one!
2005 E46 M3 S54 - TS/GN5TT - 6MT
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 08:58 AM   #50
XxLHCxX
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 530i

Garage List
The nappa leather dashboard is a must in my opinion. For only a few hundred bucks, I think it is well worth it and makes that interior look A LOT nicer!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 08:59 AM   #51
klokan
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i, Portimao Blue

First, thanks to everyone for nice comments.

I'm posting some new photos here, because you requested more info about leather dash. We don't have individual leather in Croatia yet (and I wouldn't want to wait for it anyway) but we have leather dash as an option (also there is Sensatec, if you want). Upper part of the dash is in walknappa, lower is in merino, and there are few pictures that show that. Even shortcut buttons are surrounded by leather.

I'm 186cm, but i adjusted seating position a little bit more so it's much better now regarding knees.

About laser lights - "normal" lights are adaptive LED, only high beams are laser, and high beams can do partial on/off stuff, it looks impressive on night drive and it's very easy to get used to it. But, adaptive LED is also fantastic, it's far, far better than Xenon lights I had on my previous F30. Finally lights that are worth being on this car!

And last thing - tyres. Today I switched tyres and put Michelin PS4 non-RFT (i know rims are 5x112 instead of 5x120, but tyres are the same dimensions) and it's even better now so I'm planning to keep them. However, RFT are also very good, much, much better than I'm used to. Non-RFT tyres just give the car that extra bit of composure and "planted-to-the-road" feeling.

Have a nice day!
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      03-05-2019, 09:49 AM   #52
XxLHCxX
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by klokan View Post
First, thanks to everyone for nice comments.

I'm posting some new photos here, because you requested more info about leather dash. We don't have individual leather in Croatia yet (and I wouldn't want to wait for it anyway) but we have leather dash as an option (also there is Sensatec, if you want). Upper part of the dash is in walknappa, lower is in merino, and there are few pictures that show that. Even shortcut buttons are surrounded by leather.

I'm 186cm, but i adjusted seating position a little bit more so it's much better now regarding knees.

About laser lights - "normal" lights are adaptive LED, only high beams are laser, and high beams can do partial on/off stuff, it looks impressive on night drive and it's very easy to get used to it. But, adaptive LED is also fantastic, it's far, far better than Xenon lights I had on my previous F30. Finally lights that are worth being on this car!

And last thing - tyres. Today I switched tyres and put Michelin PS4 non-RFT (i know rims are 5x112 instead of 5x120, but tyres are the same dimensions) and it's even better now so I'm planning to keep them. However, RFT are also very good, much, much better than I'm used to. Non-RFT tyres just give the car that extra bit of composure and "planted-to-the-road" feeling.

Have a nice day!
You get to have Merino leather on your seats as well? Is this a full leather package?

In Canada, at least, we are limited to Vernasca leather for the time being, which I do not like as it feels very vinyl.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 09:53 AM   #53
klokan
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxLHCxX View Post
You get to have Merino leather on your seats as well? Is this a full leather package?

In Canada, at least, we are limited to Vernasca leather for the time being, which I do not like as it feels very vinyl.
No, seats are Vernasca, but I don't have any complaints, feels nice to touch and to sit in.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 12:13 PM   #54
XxLHCxX
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No, seats are Vernasca, but I don't have any complaints, feels nice to touch and to sit in.
Wow, it looks a lot better than the one I saw at the Canadian Autoshow. That one was very vinyl looking.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 01:19 PM   #55
klokan
Private
Rep

Quote:
Wow, it looks a lot better than the one I saw at the Canadian Autoshow. That one was very vinyl looking.
Yeah, I saw it on Vienna autoshow too, and it seemed very tight and not so comfortable.

So i was very pleasantly surprised when car came. I guess that was maybe because of pre-production models...
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 02:14 PM   #56
PARTS@STBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW

Congratulations, looking amazing!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 02:24 PM   #57
bimmercarn
Rep
Drives: '19 BMW 330i xDrive

Nice color combo and open pore dash. So what type of tint / % light transmission did you choose?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 10:07 PM   #58
openwheelracing
Captain
Rep
Drives: 5 different 3 Series

Sports seats look GREAT. Way better than F3X.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 02:46 AM   #59
lyas
Rep
Drives: G01

Garage List
The doors covers are not leather with the full leather dashboard? Not only that the configurator (still) shows that, also the price list explicitely stated it (Edit: Nope it did not. Argh!). Then why did I order that shit? Wow, first major disappointment before even receiving the car.

Other than that: Congrats on your beautiful car.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 11:41 AM   #60
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
I didn't know G20 had the light carpet as an option now. That's a fun little party trick.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 11:26 AM   #61
klokan
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyas View Post
The doors covers are not leather with the full leather dashboard? Not only that the configurator (still) shows that, also the price list explicitely stated it (Edit: Nope it did not. Argh!). Then why did I order that shit? Wow, first major disappointment before even receiving the car.

Other than that: Congrats on your beautiful car.
It seems that you need Merino to get doors covers in leather.

Yes, it's a dissapointment.

Yes, configurator showed it.

No, I don't think there is anything we can do. If you find out we can (you're closer to The Source than me), please advise.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 02:10 AM   #62
lyas
Rep
Drives: G01

Garage List
Closer, but still not close enough. The german price list of october does not contain the door covers in leather at all, so I doubt that BMW will put it in for Merino. Probably they planned to have it in, but cut it for cost reasons.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 02:35 AM   #63
klokan
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyas View Post
Closer, but still not close enough. The german price list of october does not contain the door covers in leather at all, so I doubt that BMW will put it in for Merino. Probably they planned to have it in, but cut it for cost reasons.
If you look in other thread with M340i which has individual red Merino leather, you'll see that door covers are in leather.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 04:25 AM   #64
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

How comfortable are they? I think the F30 seats are poorly designed. They don't hold you in place well and they don't give enough thigh side bolstering for the pedal position. Case in point, lots of people complaining that the center console where the thigh/knee rests on is too hard. That's partially because the seats do not provide enough bolster to the right side of the right thigh. More weight of the thigh is instead placed on the center console at more of an angle, thus putting a lot of pressure on the outside knee/thigh. With the brake pedal so far left in the F30 cockpit, the right leg is either left floating or relying on the center console for leverage. Both are bad imho. I did not experience this same phenomena in my M3, M3 CS or the M850i. The seats provide more than enough support. The F30 loaner I had recently was very uncomfortable and reminded me why my 328i and 340i had the same problem: the seats. They were neither as cushy and comfortable as the 5 series, nor as supportive as the M3/4. Its as if it tried to be both but succeeded in only being mediocre overall.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 03:22 AM   #65
klokan
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
How comfortable are they? I think the F30 seats are poorly designed.
For me they are very comfortable, however only 460 km so far, we didn't have any longer trips yet.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 09:14 AM   #66
DonBee
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30 318Da

Congrats for this 330i.

I am in your same situation. I own a 2017 318dA and deciding to order the new 330i.

I have a question for you. I've read you have the M suspension.

Could you explain a little bit more about the M adaptive suspension?

Thanks and enjoy that machine.
Appreciate 0