Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Will assisted driving view be available?

10-24-2019, 04:15 PM   #23
Eagle Creek
Part of the bimmer family!
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMWG20; BMW E90

Garage List
2019 G20 330e  [0.00]
Yes motorcycles cars and trucks. Cyclists it also noticed but displays as motorbikes.
      10-24-2019, 05:48 PM   #24
JayPichardo
BMW Client Advisor
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by azwillnj View Post
Noticed this morning that the system is capable of detecting and displaying a motorcycle.. pretty cool..

Attachment 2142950
Are you tailgating a biker?

Top M Client Advisor in New England.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 06:25 AM   #25
Eagle Creek
Part of the bimmer family!
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMWG20; BMW E90

Garage List
2019 G20 330e  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPichardo View Post
Quote:
Noticed this morning that the system is capable of detecting and displaying a motorcycle.. pretty cool..

Attachment 2142950
Are you tailgating a biker?
Sure looks like it. Giving it a push 😬
      10-27-2019, 09:24 PM   #26
azwillnj
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i xDrive

Haha, it was at a red light, see top right its in auto hold.

WE ARE!
Appreciate 1
      05-27-2020, 06:25 PM   #27
Ash_
Rep
Drives: G20

Can anybody help with my question. I’m thinking of getting a g20 with the driving assistance professional pack but not sure if it’s worth it.
Does the driving assistance professional package work the same way in the UK as it does in the states?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 07:22 PM   #28
hamera
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport (G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_ View Post
Can anybody help with my question. I’m thinking of getting a g20 with the driving assistance professional pack but not sure if it’s worth it.
Does the driving assistance professional package work the same way in the UK as it does in the states?
It's well worth it in my opinion. I would 100% recommend it to anyone.

The differences I'm aware of reading different threads on this forum are that the lane change assist isn't working in the UK without coding. Not on my software version anyway. I'm still on version 07/2019.30. The other difference is that in the USA there is some sort of confirmation before the assisted driving takes control? Somebody mentioned it on this forum but not sure if it still the case. In the UK if you engage assisted driving mode it will work or not depending on road conditions. It's not asking you whether to take control or not. I don't know about any other differences. It will be interesting to see other people's responses.

Last edited by hamera; 05-27-2020 at 07:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 10:33 PM   #29
Benjamin_Nicholas
BEAST? ... How dare you.
Rep
Drives: BMW, Porsche

Confirm or deny:

Even with the pro package, seeing vehicles/trucks/cycles on the steering screen won't happen with every vehicle?

Have we determined WHO can gets this and why?

Can it be coded?
2023 BMW X5M
2020 BMW M340i (retired)
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 10:52 PM   #30
murderedg20
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin_Nicholas View Post
Confirm or deny:

Even with the pro package, seeing vehicles/trucks/cycles on the steering screen won't happen with every vehicle?

Have we determined WHO can gets this and why?

Can it be coded?
Pre July 2019 manufactured vehicles don't get it. It can be coded in bimmercode expert mode very easily.
Appreciate 1
OM3RTA391.00
      05-29-2020, 01:35 PM   #31
RSnic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340Xi (G20)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
Hi,

I coded this feature in my 2020 M340 & it is great for highway driving-- with or without traffic!!

Please go to the DIY & Coding sub-forum and read the thread, "Your BMW might have a hidden Tesla mode." There are straight forward instructions & results from several of us who have done the coding

Hope that helps!

2020 M340Xi| ZDA| ZDY| ZPP| ZPX| 1CR| 1PL| 688| 6NW| 2VFH|
Retired: 2014 328i
BMW CCA
Appreciate 2
      06-16-2020, 10:38 AM   #32
bincemathew
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bincemathew View Post
Quote:
It comes on as soon as I hit the 'Mode' button on the steering wheel to activate cruise or assisted driving. If I immediately hit cancel after mode the display shows the view with the cars being actively updated but the system is disabled. If it is disabled but showing the driving mode lane keep assist doesn't work.

I got the chance to use traffic jam assist plus last night and it is pretty incredible, the lane changes to a solid green, the lights on the steering wheel light up solid green and the car does everything for you. Once you go over 40 it starts beeping at you and showing the yellow steering wheel asking you to start controlling again.. See attached picture.

Edit: I think it's important to note that those purple lights at the top of the display are the IR emitters for the attention camera. They are not visible to the naked eye. They show up on the camera because it can see slightly outside the visible spectrum, in real life you see a very very slight red glow if you are looking closely. The car uses these lights and the camera to tell if you are looking forward and enables the traffic jam assist plus to be fully hands off.

Attachment 2119407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo_Kramer View Post
I thought this screen only comes on in traffic jam assist mode which requires Pro pkg. maybe it works in radar cruise control too not sure.
I updated mine today to 07/2019.39 But It does not have the Driving Assistance view, I am having the Driving Assistance Professional package. I don't understand why It is only available in certain regions !! Or is it tied to certain Models? Mine is a 320D and I took delivery of the car last month from Munich.
I got fed up waiting for BMW to enable ADV for mine and I don't think that's ever going to happen considering BMW's history, so I used BimmerCode to enable it myself 😊. I was able to enable ADV , but couldn't get the Assisted Lane Change working. But Assisted Driving View is working without any issues.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 10:48 AM   #33
RoboPapa
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

I have successfully coded 'Assisted Driving View' and 'Lane Change Assist' on a April 2019 built 330i using E-Sys (UK). It was quite easy to do with the right equipment. I have never coded before.

I have notice several posts mentioning 'Traffic Jam Assist Plus'. I do not have this. What is it exactly, how do you enable it and can it also be coded?
Appreciate 1
      06-17-2020, 11:11 AM   #34
CardinalZeus77
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.2 Carrera S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_ View Post
Can anybody help with my question. I'm thinking of getting a g20 with the driving assistance professional pack but not sure if it's worth it.
Hi Ash,

I am in the UK and have Driving Assistance Professional and Parking Assistant Plus packages on my car and it's definitely worth it. It works really well. The assisted driving view and lane change assist I had to get coded on the car.
Attached Images

Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 03:38 AM   #35
SimBimma
Rep
Drives: BMW G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboPapa View Post
I have notice several posts mentioning 'Traffic Jam Assist Plus'. I do not have this. What is it exactly, how do you enable it and can it also be coded?
Here's more info on how it works: https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1617611

I'm also interested in knowing if it's possible to code this. My 2019/7 built G20 has all the bells & whistles of the driving assistant package, but Traffic Jam Assist Plus (which allows you to keep your hands off the steering wheel in certain situations, given that Driver Attention Camera is activated and you are looking straight forward) never shows up as an option.

I read its availability might be subject to local regulations (I'm in Taiwan), but given that e.g. Tesla's autopilot "Navigate to Destination" feature got regulatory approval here, it's not understandable why this feature which feels a lot safer isn't available ...
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 01:36 AM   #36
hamera
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBimma View Post
I'm also interested in knowing if it's possible to code this. My 2019/7 built G20 has all the bells & whistles of the driving assistant package, but Traffic Jam Assist Plus (which allows you to keep your hands off the steering wheel in certain situations, given that Driver Attention Camera is activated and you are looking straight forward) never shows up as an option.
In the UK, You engage assisted driving and under 40mph, when behind other vehicle, you don't have to hold the steering wheel and above 40 mph you do. There isn't any specific icon appearing or anything about traffic jam assist being active or not. It switches itself over depending on the speed you are doing. That's it.

Last edited by hamera; 06-19-2020 at 12:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 05:01 AM   #37
RoboPapa
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Thanks for that. I guess you are saying that the UK behaviour is different to the US or elsewhere so there is nothing that can be coded to enable the steering wheel LEDs to turn solid green when Traffic Jam Assist Plus is activated.

Also, I have never really observed any evidence how the Driver Attention Camera actually functions.

Last edited by RoboPapa; 06-19-2020 at 05:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 06:44 AM   #38
RSnic
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
Hi,

I have M340 with Traffic Jam Assist, Active Cruise Control & Driver Assistance Pro; because its date of Manufacture is Jun 19, I had to code Auto Lane Change & Driver Assistance View (please see "Your car may have a hidden Tesla" thread in DIY & coding sub-forum).

The features I coded are great on trips, but Traffic Jam Assist had never been activated--until recently. I had ACC on & got caught in a good ole' traffic jam on Interstate & some kind of warning message showed up on iDrive & Driver Assist Ready appeared on instrument panel below where digital speed is displayed. The car started & stopped keeping distance with car in front. So, I surmised that this feature only engages when in traffic on a highway because it never came on in traffic on regular streets

Now I know what it does, feature is very useful!
Edit: Here's two Dashboard pictures with Traffic Jam Assist active (the display below speed) & Driver Assist view
Attached Images

BMW CCA
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 08:33 AM   #39
hamera
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for that. I guess you are saying that the UK behaviour is different to the US or elsewhere so there is nothing that can be coded to enable the steering wheel LEDs to turn solid green when Traffic Jam Assist Plus is activated.

Also, I have never really observed any evidence how the Driver Attention Camera actually functions.
What I'm trying to say is that there is no specific Traffic Jam Assist Plus mode in the UK. Once you engage Assisted Driving Mode there is no pop up message and no need of accepting the fact that it is now switching to "hands free" mode. The system activates automatically when all operating requirements are met. It's pretty straight forward.

As far as I'm aware green LEDs are only on when Assisted Parking/Reversing Assistant takes control over the steering wheel. I think that's the case in every country.

Regarding Driver Attention Camera. Once you are in "hands free" mode you need to look up straight ahead'ish. If you start turning your head away it will eventually remind you to pay attention and if you are still not looking up ahead it will disengage the system.

Picture below is the US version of this system. Confirmation is required. In the UK it's not required.
In fact, some people may not even be aware that they don't have to hold the steering wheel any more. There is no indication. Not that I know about anyway.
Attached Images

Last edited by hamera; 06-19-2020 at 12:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 04:46 AM   #40
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1tman999 View Post
Hi Ash,

I am in the UK and have Driving Assistance Professional and Parking Assistant Plus packages on my car and it's definitely worth it. It works really well. The assisted driving view and lane change assist I had to get coded on the car.
Hi, did you do the coding yourself for lane change assist?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 04:48 AM   #41
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamera View Post
What I'm trying to say is that there is no specific Traffic Jam Assist Plus mode in the UK. Once you engage Assisted Driving Mode there is no pop up message and no need of accepting the fact that it is now switching to "hands free" mode. The system activates automatically when all operating requirements are met. It's pretty straight forward.

As far as I'm aware green LEDs are only on when Assisted Parking/Reversing Assistant takes control over the steering wheel. I think that's the case in every country.

Regarding Driver Attention Camera. Once you are in "hands free" mode you need to look up straight ahead'ish. If you start turning your head away it will eventually remind you to pay attention and if you are still not looking up ahead it will disengage the system.

Picture below is the US version of this system. Confirmation is required. In the UK it's not required.
In fact, some people may not even be aware that they don't have to hold the steering wheel any more. There is no indication. Not that I know about anyway.
I didn’t realise that! Thanks for the info. Will give it a try when next stuck in traffic.

I’ve certainly found the lane keeping to be much more accurate than my previous car (2016 Audi Q7). I think that was hands free for about 50-60s below 40mph.
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2020, 07:38 AM   #42
CardinalZeus77
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.2 Carrera S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by srbs73 View Post
Quote:
Hi Ash,

Hi, No I didn't do it myself. I got it done with a few other options ... link below

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=26289051
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
Appreciate 1
srbs73542.00
      06-22-2020, 05:48 AM   #43
RSnic
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by srbs73 View Post
Quote:
Hi Ash,

@srbs73 ,

If you go to DIY & Coding sub-form, there's a thread called, "Your car may have a hidden Tesla " or something along those lines. The OP ha great instructions with video-- that was my source

Hope that helps!

BMW CCA
Appreciate 1
srbs73542.00
      06-24-2020, 01:15 AM   #44
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep