Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos 2020-202x Corvette Stingray

04-22-2020, 10:19 PM   #1497
Funf6cyl
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6 cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Come back and talk to me when the “newest” attempt by Porsche makes the list above the C8. Till then, you’re as delusional as the other guy spouting crap. Till then, you’re just wishing.
Sorry buddy, you’re only describing yourself. A factory driver in the C8 who has spent countless laps could only equal some guy who took the 992S with very little time behind the wheel and set a quick hot lap. That alone is all the proof you need. I’ll make sure when Sport Auto runs the C8 in the high 7:37s, or just as fast as the now 10 year old 991.1S I’ll refresh this to remind you for your “I was wrong” announcement.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 10:30 PM   #1498
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funf6cyl View Post
Sorry buddy, you’re only describing yourself. A factory driver in the C8 who has spent countless laps could only equal some guy who took the 992S with very little time behind the wheel and set a quick hot lap. That alone is all the proof you need. I’ll make sure when Sport Auto runs the C8 in the high 7:37s, or just as fast as the now 10 year old 991.1S I’ll refresh this to remind you for your “I was wrong” announcement.
“Some guy” behind the the wheel of the 992? Are you kidding? Look at the name man, he’s a professional racer who owns the Ring. Look how many times you see his name on the RING list, why the hell do you think he’s chosen by many manufacturers to wheel their cars around the Ring? You are lost dude.
Again, come back when your wish comes true of bouncing the C8 off it’s time because you really sound pathetic now.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 1
See5449.00
      04-23-2020, 07:54 AM   #1499
Funf6cyl
Banned
Rep

Quote:
“Some guy” behind the the wheel of the 992? Are you kidding? Look at the name man, he’s a professional racer who owns the Ring. Look how many times you see his name on the RING list, why the hell do you think he’s chosen by many manufacturers to wheel their cars around the Ring? You are lost dude.
Again, come back when your wish comes true of bouncing the C8 off it’s time because you really sound pathetic now.
The pathetic one is you not recognizing that a factory times are always faster than Christian G’s times from Sport Auto. And it comes down to the fact that Sport Auto doesn’t have dozens of laps to do their time like the factory driver does - and of course the factory driver is very talented but with much more familiarity with the car vs Sport Auto doing a single lap.
Again, the fact that on a hot lap, Sport Auto ran as fast as Chevys testing (which might even be a Ringer) says all you need to know that the 992 is faster by good margin.
You talk like someone who’s never driven at a track, especially by your earlier comments on how young the guy in the C8 is in the vida above. Youth has nothing to do with it. Some of the best drivers in the world are late teens to wary 20s so this makes you look clueless.

Again, wait for that Sport Auto for the C8 for a direct comparison. It’s funny bc the C8 also is having plenty of quality issues as I said it would too.

Also funny bc the now old 991.2 GTS which only had 440 hp is also faster than the C8. Man that has got to such that Chevy is slower with way more power and toque than not only the new 992 but also the previous generation car.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 08:57 AM   #1500
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funf6cyl View Post
Automobile just did a test at Willow Springs.

Track times below from Andy Pilgrim

C8 z51 - 1:23.06 and then 1:23.00 after going out for another lap
992S - 1:22.68
You want to talk about track experience, I can’t believe someone posting times from some dude standing at the finish line with a iPhone stopwatch and you desperately trying to use that antiquated method of timing in the computerized world as some kind of evidence of a victory. It official by any stretch of the imagination and we understand you have a very active imagination and obviously prone to what ifs.
Let’s see how many sad excuses you can come up with in one single post.
1-factory times are always faster then Christian, the man who likely has more OFFICIAL times on the OFFICIAL Ring list. News flash, car makers get the best driver available because they want to set the fastest times possible. Maybe Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche and the rest don’t want the best drivers to lay down the fastest OFFICIAL times for their new sports cars.
2- the Corvette ‘might’ be a ringer! You’re in a fantasy world
3-assuming that the C8 driver has much more time then sport auto driver who only had one lap. That’s outright laughable you know.
That’s three ridiculous excuses in one single post. Tell you what, when the 992s beats the C8 on the track and it’s OFFICIAL and on the Official Nürburgring list and not just head to head test for a biased magazine then talk to me.

C8 bested the 992 at Thunderhill and that’s official also. How many excuses you have for that one? Never mind, I don’t give a shit because you’re a delusional, petulant child and not man enough to admit the truth. Enjoy your dream world.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams

Last edited by N54Yankee; 04-23-2020 at 03:20 PM..
Appreciate 2
See5449.00
Red Bread4463.00
      04-23-2020, 09:10 AM   #1501
Funf6cyl
Banned
Rep

Quote:
You want to talk about track experience, I can’t believe someone posting times from some dude standing at the finish line with a iPhone stopwatch and you desperately trying to use that antiquated method of timing in the computerized world as some kind of evidence of a victory. It official by any stretch of the imagination and we understand you have a very active imagination and obviously prone to what ifs.
Let’s see how many sad excuses you can come up with in one single post.
1-factory times are always faster then Christian, the man who likely has more OFFICIAL times on the OFFICIAL Ring list. News flash, car makers get the best driver available because they want to set the fastest times possible. Maybe Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche and the rest don’t want the best drivers to lay down OFFICIAL times for their new sports cars.
2- the Corvette ‘might’ be a ringer! You’re in a fantasy world
3-assuming that the C8 driver has much more time then sport auto driver who only had one lap. That’s outright laughable you know.
That’s three ridiculous excuses in one single post. Tell you what, when the 992s beats the C8 on the track and it’s OFFICIAL and on the Official Nürburgring list and not just head to head test for a biased magazine then talk to me.

C8 bested the 992 at Thunderhill and that’s official also. How many excuses you have for that one? Never mind, I don’t give a shit because you’re a delusional, petulant child and not man enough to admit the truth. Enjoy your dream world.
LOL. Christian’s time are always slower than factory times. Evidence proves that dozens of times over vs your conjecture with nothing behind it. Keep dreaming and creating your own delusion. Also to knit pick, the C8 time is unofficial too given Chevy didn’t post a proof video. Either way, it’s stacking up that the C8 is slower than the 992S not only on track but in a straight too, and showing that a generation old 911 with less hp is faster. Once you admit that it will all become clear as more and more times show that.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 09:29 AM   #1502
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340ix

The two cars are close enough where the difference could become the driver and style. I cannot see the C8 out-handling the 992 though. Keep in mind the C8 can come in at almost 40k+ less.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 09:48 AM   #1503
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Gee the 992 is crazy expensive, great cars but man an S is 40K more than Corvette? Like really? getting a bit stupid TBH.
Appreciate 1
N54Yankee2706.00
      04-23-2020, 10:54 AM   #1504
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
I've been in and out of this thread, so forgive me if I missed it... But who chose the Carrera S instead of the base Carrera for this comparison? The Corvette in this discussion is the Stingray, aka: the base model, so it seems appropriate to use the base model Carrera... especially considering even the base 911 costs substantially more than even a Z51+FE4 equipped Stingray.
      04-23-2020, 10:59 AM   #1505
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

Good point.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 12:22 PM   #1506
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Back to our regularly scheduled program. Some very interesting info that might come to be in the near future of Corvette. The future sure looks exciting for Team C8.
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/c...ns-rumor-leak/
Appreciate 1
      04-23-2020, 02:05 PM   #1507
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Gee the 992 is crazy expensive, great cars but man an S is 40K more than Corvette? Like really? getting a bit stupid TBH.
So what you are saying is that you would rather have a C8 Vette and a Gold Rolex over a 992S?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 02:12 PM   #1508
Dog Face Pony Soldier
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
So what you are saying is that you would rather have a C8 Vette and a Gold Rolex over a 992S?
C8 with corrected paint, PPF, ceramic sealant, window tint, exhaust, HRE rims and tires... plus an entirely new set of golf clubs, cart bag, and a dinner at Ruth's Chris. You got a deal!
      04-23-2020, 02:14 PM   #1509
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
C8 with corrected paint, PPF, ceramic sealant, window tint, exhaust, HRE rims and tires... plus an entirely new set of golf clubs, and a dinner at Ruth's Chris. You got a deal!
I was with you until the Ruth's Chris. With that restaurant - you aren't getting any sides and have to drink water.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 02:16 PM   #1510
New2Roundel
Captain
Rep
Drives: Some fun stuff

Garage List
Quote:
Add in some jean shorts and you have the new corvette owner starter pack.
Appreciate 2
      04-23-2020, 02:17 PM   #1511
Dog Face Pony Soldier
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
C8 with corrected paint, PPF, ceramic sealant, window tint, exhaust, HRE rims and tires... plus an entirely new set of golf clubs, and a dinner at Ruth's Chris. You got a deal!
I was with you until the Ruth's Chris. With that restaurant - you aren't getting any sides and have to drink water.
Nah- its a tradition for me (and a date) to go all out on NYE at Ruth's and it's ~$300 with tip. Admittedly I'm drinking liquor and not an expensive bottle of wine.
      04-23-2020, 04:18 PM   #1512
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I dunno, if it were not for the back seats in the 911 i'd take a Corvette and a used GT350 or 4C over a 992S
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 08:59 PM   #1513
benacto
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M6 GC

been seeing a few of these complains online..... I guess that's where the extra money you'd pay for a Porsche for.
Attached Images

04-23-2020, 09:28 PM   #1514
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

First year car, strike at GM, corvid and a very few cars were released like that. Not to mention the company will make them right.
I can’t tell you how many times I had had to bring my BMW back to fix shit. Including blistering paint, intermittent working seat adjustments and bad alignment which needed to be done front and back and on top of that about 8 or more recalls. Worst new car experience I’ve ever had and I’ve had more then a few. My first and last BMW.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 09:34 PM   #1515
benacto
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
First year car, strike at GM, corvid and a very few cars were released like that. Not to mention the company will make them right.
I can’t tell you how many times I had had to bring my BMW back to fix shit. Including blistering paint, intermittent working seat adjustments and bad alignment which needed to be done front and back and on top of that about 8 or more recalls. Worst new car experience I’ve ever had and I’ve had more then a few. My first and last BMW.
That's fair. My first BMW, they bought the car back after 2 years and gave me all my money back.
But did those mechanical issues come slowly or right outta the assembly line?
I tend to get real bent about things I can spot visually wrong especially when it's new. Like uneven gaps in the body or interior.
      04-23-2020, 09:47 PM   #1516
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

All three issues were within about 2 months. The paint was noticed by my wife in the first week of taking possession.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 10:04 PM   #1517
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by benacto View Post
been seeing a few of these complains online..... I guess that's where the extra money you'd pay for a Porsche for.
So that made me all paranoid and I checked all the stitching on my 2SS 1LE. Nope, all straight. There has to be some backstory to this, if they can get it right everywhere else.
      04-24-2020, 11:16 AM   #1518
benacto
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
All three issues were within about 2 months. The paint was noticed by my wife in the first week of taking possession.
wow. I hope they lemon'd it and bought your car back like they did with me. I had far less problems that happened in a 2 year stretch.