Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA It's Arrived!!

09-12-2020, 07:35 PM   #23
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport 2020(G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by erawamai View Post
Love it. Especially the colour.

I noticed your tires are the go flat Pilot Sport 4S's. Did you order this specifically with a spare or did you just get a can of goo and a pump in the boot? Any feedback on them compared to earlier run flats?
No spare, just a can of goo. A spare would take up far too much boot space for the way I use the car. My long runs are always with a totally full boot.
The PS4’s are certainly a lot grippier than the Bridgestone Potenza’s that I had on my F30 335, but it could also be a function of the AWD and suspension setup on the M340 (I had a similar aero setup on the F30 and active suspension).
Although I didn’t complain about road noise from the Bridgestone’s, I have noticed that the road noise with the PS4’s is reduced considerably.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by erawamai View Post
Love it. Especially the colour.

I noticed your tires are the go flat Pilot Sport 4S's. Did you order this specifically with a spare or did you just get a can of goo and a pump in the boot? Any feedback on them compared to earlier run flats?
No spare, just a can of goo. A spare would take up far too much boot space for the way I use the car. My long runs are always with a totally full boot.
The PS4's are certainly a lot grippier than the Bridgestone Potenza's that I had on my F30 335, but it could also be a function of the AWD and suspension setup on the M340 (I had a similar aero setup on the F30 and active suspension).
Although I didn't complain about road noise from the Bridgestone's, I have noticed that the road noise with the PS4's is reduced considerably.
Wow Steve looks fantastic mate great job !!

Love the rear diffuser and the exhausts

That's not the carbon rear diffuser right , any reason you did not go carbon or did you want to keep it all black, you have the carbon rear spoiler right.

I was really thinking about getting the rear carbon diffuser but not to sure if I should get it in black or carbon and is it worth the 3K
I think there are two pieces right.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2020, 08:29 PM   #24
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by A'PEXi View Post
Looks great, is the front splitter an OEM item from BMW?
Yep. The front spoiler is OEM.
      09-12-2020, 08:42 PM   #25
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by firetitanx View Post
Wow Steve looks fantastic mate great job !!

Love the rear diffuser and the exhausts

That's not the carbon rear diffuser right , any reason you did not go carbon or did you want to keep it all black, you have the carbon rear spoiler right.

I was really thinking about getting the rear carbon diffuser but not to sure if I should get it in black or carbon and is it worth the 3K
I think there are two pieces right.
You’re right, the rear diffuser is the standard OEM gloss black ABS.
It comes in two pieces so I could change to the CF diffuser later.
This diffuser, the front spoiler, and CF rear spoiler we’re part of the deal negotiated at the time of sale.
The standard ABS diffuser is pretty useless as the two fins are small and do not split the air very well (unlike the OEM one I had on the F30). I have thought about getting the CF rear diffuser with four slightly deeper fins, but “she who must be obeyed” put the brakes on it for a while (maybe Christmas or birthday?).
The CF Centre piece for the diffuser is approx US$ 1,050 when bought from overseas, and a shed load more when bought from your local BMW Stealer. It’s held on by only a few screws, so easy to replace at another time.
      09-13-2020, 08:52 PM   #26
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You’re right, the rear diffuser is the standard OEM gloss black ABS.
It comes in two pieces so I could change to the CF diffuser later.
This diffuser, the front spoiler, and CF rear spoiler we’re part of the deal negotiated at the time of sale.
The standard ABS diffuser is pretty useless as the two fins are small and do not split the air very well (unlike the OEM one I had on the F30). I have thought about getting the CF rear diffuser with four slightly deeper fins, but “she who must be obeyed” put the brakes on it for a while (maybe Christmas or birthday?).
The CF Centre piece for the diffuser is approx US$ 1,050 when bought from overseas, and a shed load more when bought from your local BMW Stealer. It’s held on by only a few screws, so easy to replace at another time.
Ah thanks Steve, good to know
BTW I was looking at your photos, so sad they scuffed your boot when they attached the spoiler , i would be fuming !!
I agree with your take on the standard rear diffuser, the carbon one , the vertical fins look much more defined and aggressive
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 03:53 AM   #27
IM340
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 640d; 2023 X7 M60i

Niiiicccceeee
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 06:35 PM   #28
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM340 View Post
Niiiicccceeee
Many thanks.
As you are fully aware, these machines are great to drive and, for me, seem to get better and better the more I drive.
      10-24-2020, 02:39 AM   #29
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

I agree my appreciation level for driving has grown exponentially, driving has now become a delectabe pleasure with every winding bend to be savoured. and every squirt of the accelerator such joy !!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 05:34 AM   #30
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Accelerators squirts firetitanx I swear I wasn't aware
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 03:14 PM   #31
westozy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i

WOW, how many K's over?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 06:45 PM   #32
GTR33R
Private
Rep
Drives: M340iXdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by westozy View Post
WOW, how many K's over?
In VIC should be between 10 & 24 kmh above the speed limit .
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 07:15 PM   #33
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSUV4Me View Post
Ouch! That hurts.
      10-24-2020, 08:08 PM   #34
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep

Yes GTR33R correct although def on the Lowee end of that range!
It's those plain white envelopes I'm wary of now SteveAus - no labels or markings...tadaaa! Scorcher. 😤
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 08:11 PM   #35
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by westozy View Post
WOW, how many K's over?
A few ...😢
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 03:18 AM   #36
GTR33R
Private
Rep
Drives: M340iXdrive

In Victoria they don't have much tolerance as far as speed goes.
I got done about 10 years ago on the freeway from Gelong to Melbourne by a mobile camera car. They alleged I was doing 103 kmh on 100kmh zone.
To cut a very long story short I took it to court and of course I won. We proved that their equipment wasn't that accurate. I believe after that they lifted their tolerance to 5%. Still ridiculous, you have to keep your eye on your speed more than the road.
What about if you need to overtake some vehicle going say 5 kmh under the limit, it will take forever unless you speed.
I have driven all over the world, in Europe motorway speed limits are mostly 130 kmh, most drive at 150, nobody bothers you. Germany some autobahns still unrestricted. USA up to 85 mph (136 kmh) depending on what state, again 10-15 mph above nobody bothers you.
I think it is about time they at least increase the speed limit on freeways here to 130 kmh. We had 110 for as far as I can remember besides NT, 130 there or it unlimited again? Cars in the mean time have improved, roads are better, why live in the past?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 04:03 AM   #37
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Aaargh that's terrible NoSUV4Me , sorry to hear that , well I can't match your 3 but I raise you one 😄

The squirt device is very dangerous!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2021, 04:19 AM   #38
jmmi
Registered
Rep
Drives: Audi S3, BMW M340i (soon)

Quote:
I have been planning to go 28% front and 20% rear.
But now I’m having second thoughts that these films might be too dark for using all three mirrors during night driving.
Previously, I had 35% front and 28% rear. There are no problems with these shades when driving at night.
I’ll discuss this further with the installers tomorrow morning.
Hey Steve, sorry to quote a very old message.
Saw that you went to Hamish at Elite Finish / D&S (also my go to guys)... so just throwing out some questions to a fellow Adelaidean.

What tint did you end up going with?
Did you get any Xpel/PPF applied?
Happy with the result of the Opticoat? (assuming that you also got that).

Apologies for the interrogation.. I don't think I can PM yet as just joined... ex Audi).
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2021, 05:29 AM   #39
Jasperistops
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e m sport

Lovely motor mate. Congratulations
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2021, 01:51 PM   #40
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmi View Post
Hey Steve, sorry to quote a very old message.
Saw that you went to Hamish at Elite Finish / D&S (also my go to guys)... so just throwing out some questions to a fellow Adelaidean.

What tint did you end up going with?
Did you get any Xpel/PPF applied?
Happy with the result of the Opticoat? (assuming that you also got that).

Apologies for the interrogation.. I don't think I can PM yet as just joined... ex Audi).
Hi jmmi,
No worries about the interrogation. This is what the forum is all about.
Yes, Hamish and the boys are very good. I’ve been using them for years.
As far as tinting is concerned, I had 20 fitted to the rear and 28 on the front. I went for the darker tint in the rear because I couldn’t get a rear roller blind fitted (as per my previous F30).
These tints are darker than I had been used to in the past and it took me a while to become comfortable with them. All good now, I’m very happy.
I do not have PPF on the car, just OptiCoat Plus. It’s a great product and makes the car so easy to clean while making the paintwork “pop”. Unfortunately, I have one small stone chip on the bonnet, so perhaps I should have gone with the PPF.
      01-31-2021, 01:54 PM   #41
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperistops View Post
Lovely motor mate. Congratulations
Hi Jasperistops.
Many thanks for the compliment. Yes, it’s a great car. Such a good combination of luxury, comfort and power!!!
Lots of fun.