Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA JDTuning M340i xDrive build

07-28-2020, 10:28 PM   #1
JD75
JDTuning
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xDrive,G80 M3 xDrive

JDTuning M340i xDrive build

Hey guys,

I'm very pleased to announce that I have recently taken delivery of a M340i xDrive in stunning "individual" Tanzanite Blue II. This vehicle will serve as a project car whilst we push the development of the G-Series B58 platform in Australia.

Here are some pics of the car following an entire STEK PPF "clear bra" application by Platinum 1 Auto Group. This was done within the first 100km of collection and took more than a week to complete including the 2 step paint correction, so unfortunately I haven't had much time to drive her as yet, sigh...

My first mod was a set of 12.5mm square MODE wheel spacers fitted by the boys at Advan Performance. The Advan team will be very much involved in the development of the car as the project moves from aesthetic modifications to power/drivetrain upgrades.

The 12.5mm spacers are a perfect upgrade in stance for the M340i. They look equally as good on the G-Series 330i too. The MODE spacers retail for $399, but I'll be supplying them at a 7.5% discount on RRP for the moment so $369 excluding installation costs.

I also have a complete suite of G20 M Performance aero goodies to install, which are a mixture of carbon fibre bits and high gloss black pieces. This will happen whilst I put a few kms on the engine prior to flash tuning.

Cheers,

Justin.

P.S. here is a link to the JDTuning Facebook page for G20 members that would like to follow the development of the vehicle from there too.

https://facebook.com/story.php?story...08176882713178
Attached Images

Last edited by JD75; 09-17-2021 at 10:34 PM.. Reason: Revision
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 05:46 AM   #2
Zephyr0s
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xDrive

Congratulations on the delivery, Justin.

That is a beautiful colour combination, looking forward to your build development!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 06:25 PM   #3
erawamai
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD75 View Post
Hey guys,

I'm very pleased to announce that I have recently taken delivery of a M340i xDrive in stunning "individual" Tanzanite Blue II. This vehicle will serve as a project car whilst we push the development of the G-Series B58 platform in Australia.

Here are some pics of the car following an entire STEK PPF "clear bra" application by Platinum 1 Auto Group. This was done within the first 100km of collection and took more than a week to complete including the 2 step paint correction, so unfortunately I haven't had much time to drive her as yet, sigh...

My first mod was a set of 12.5mm square MODE wheel spacers fitted by the boys at Advan Performance. The Advan team will be very much involved in the development of the car as the project moves from aesthetic modifications to power/drivetrain upgrades.

The 12.5mm spacers are a perfect upgrade in stance for the M340i. They look equally as good on the G-Series 330i too. The MODE spacers retail for $399, but I'll be supplying them at a 7.5% discount on RRP for the moment so $369 excluding installation costs.

I also have a complete suite of G20 M Performance aero goodies to install, which are a mixture of carbon fibre bits and high gloss black pieces. This will happen whilst I put a few kms on the engine prior to flash tuning. 😉

Cheers,

Justin.

P.S. here is a link to the JDTuning Facebook page for G20 members that would like to follow the development of the vehicle from there too.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...08176882713178
Looks great!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 11:18 PM   #4
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport 2020(G20)

Stunning car mate ... very happy for you
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2020, 04:28 PM   #5
vlo238
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i ,17 Impreza,16 Pulsar

Quote:
Hey guys,

I also have a complete suite of G20 M Performance aero goodies to install, which are a mixture of carbon fibre bits and high gloss black pieces. This will happen whilst I put a few kms on the engine prior to flash tuning. 😉

Cheers,

Justin.

So lit congratulations Justin!! Yes recommend the Adam and the a Advan Crew as I got my mode spacers done for my 330i beast
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2020, 08:19 AM   #6
JD75
JDTuning
Rep

Hi Gents,

thank you for your kind words they are much appreciated, apologies for the delay between updates... 😬😬😬

So OFF with the MODE 12.5mm wheel spacers and OEM M Sport springs and ON with 20" BC Racing Forged Monoblock wheels in beautiful "Dark Brushed Black" and H&R lowering springs that see a 30mm drop at all 4 corners.

I had planned to install a full suite of BMW M Performance aero parts prior to fitment of the new wheels, but the BC's arrived sooner than expected and the BMR boys along with the Advan Performance team were super keen to see the shoes fitted and ride height dropped most Ricky-tick, haha.

I should have the majority of the M Performance aero goodies installed next week at Advan, with more sexy pics to follow once those bits go on. 😘

A big shout out to both BMR Autowerkes and Advan Performance that are an integral part of the M340i build and will continue to be so, as the project moves forward with more exciting developments.

I would also like to thank Ayman at Leading Edge Car Detailing. Ayman has been keeping the 340 looking immaculate over the last couple of months since dealership collection. His attention to detail is second to none and he's always happy to have a chat and talk shop whilst working on your pride and joy.

Cheers,

Justin.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
akzz36.50
momall9.00
      09-10-2020, 06:39 PM   #7
vlo238
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i ,17 Impreza,16 Pulsar

Quote:
Hey guys,

Cheers,

Justin.

Congratulations Justin!!
The car looks amazing and I can also vouch the boys at Advan are the legends in making mods looks good!! I cannot wait to continue following the mods you do to your beast!!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2020, 07:29 PM   #8
A'PEXi
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

Look forward to updates on this new platform!
      09-12-2020, 08:44 PM   #9
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Nice one Justin.
The stance of your car is so different to standard. Looks very cool and gangster.
Looking forward to seeing the aero bits added.
      09-17-2020, 08:09 AM   #10
JD75
JDTuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
Nice one Justin.
The stance of your car is so different to standard. Looks very cool and gangster.
Looking forward to seeing the aero bits added.
Hey Steve,

I love the "looks... gangster" comment, haha.

Cheers buddy.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 08:24 AM   #11
JD75
JDTuning
Rep

Guys I now have the M Performance black high-gloss front splitter/lip and side skirt extensions fitted, the carbon fibre rear spoiler will be fitted next week and I'll take some additional pics once the car has had a good bath, lol.

I'll be posting up a complete list of G20 M Performance parts shortly, that I can supply at a substantial discount over Australian BMW dealership RRP.

In the mean time if anyone is interested in specific G20 M Performance parts or aftermarket upgrades please feel free to PM me on here, message me on my JDTuning Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/JDTBMWPS or text me 0421 641 381.

Cheers,

Justin.

Last edited by JD75; 09-17-2020 at 08:29 AM.. Reason: Revision
Appreciate 1
momall9.00
      09-17-2020, 09:06 AM   #12
eforty6_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 M3 6MT

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Car is looking great! I just went ahead and liked your page so I can follow along with your progress.

'05 BMW M3 6MT (Weekend car)
Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 03:43 AM   #13
TeddyM340i
Rep
Drives: M340i

Hi all,

I've just purchased an AWE Touring Exhaust from Justin and can't wait till its arrived. Will post pics and vids once its installed.

Just a note to M340i Owners in Aus, call up your BMW dealer and ask them if modifying an exhaust would affect either 1) Inclusive Service (i got a five year pack) and 2) warranty.

I got the dealer to reply to me in an e-mail stating it would not impact the validity of the service plan at all (he even laughed on the phone and rhetorically asked "how would an exhaust impact the service?").

The dealer did tell me if the exhaust did damage the rest of the car, the warranty will not cover it (which is expected)

Hope this brings a little comfort to those who plan to mod but unsure of those issues
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 12:28 AM   #14
JD75
JDTuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyM340i View Post
Hi all,

I've just purchased an AWE Touring Exhaust from Justin and can't wait till its arrived. Will post pics and vids once its installed.

Just a note to M340i Owners in Aus, call up your BMW dealer and ask them if modifying an exhaust would affect either 1) Inclusive Service (i got a five year pack) and 2) warranty.

I got the dealer to reply to me in an e-mail stating it would not impact the validity of the service plan at all (he even laughed on the phone and rhetorically asked "how would an exhaust impact the service?").

The dealer did tell me if the exhaust did damage the rest of the car, the warranty will not cover it (which is expected)

Hope this brings a little comfort to those who plan to mod but unsure of those issues
Hey Tim,

thank you for sharing the information provided by your dealer regarding the fitment of aftermarket parts and the potential impact on vehicle warranty.

Interestingly enough I have been speaking to my guy at BMW Sydney about the same matter. He was quite taken aback (lol) by how impressive the 20" BC wheels looked and would like to offer them (via JDTuning) as an aftermarket option to his customers, along with exhaust system upgrades and such.

Hopefully I'll have a definite list soon of the do's and dont's of maintaining new car vehicle warranty with the installation of aftermarket performance upgrades.

Cheers,

Justin.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 12:50 AM   #15
JD75
JDTuning
Rep

Speaking of performance upgrades that definitely will NOT affect your vehicle warranty (haha), here are a few pics of the 340 in glorious sunshine following the fitment of some M Performance aero goodies.

So we now have fitted a genuine M Performance black high-gloss front splitter/lip, black high-gloss side skirt extensions and a carbon fibre high-kick boot spoiler. I also have the M Performance black high-gloss lower bumper trim and matching diffuser in stock ready to install, but I've opted to replace the black diffuser with the carbon fibre version which is still in transit. It's a more aggressive looking piece and in my humble opinion will be a better match for the CF boot spoiler too.

Thanks,

JD.

P.S. please excuse the lack of tyre shine... 😬😬😬
Attached Images

Last edited by JD75; 10-04-2020 at 12:50 AM.. Reason: Revision
Appreciate 2
baturbo47.50
      03-06-2021, 06:18 PM   #16
JD75
JDTuning
Rep

Hi boys and girls,

it has been a while since my last update, but in my absence I've installed a few more genuine BMW M Performance aero goodies, that being a high-gloss black lower bumper trim and matching diffuser in high-gloss black, also a gloss black M340i boot badge.

I will be tuning the engine soon so the performance bolt-ons have commenced in the form of a beautifully crafted Evolution Racewerks high-flow catted DP and most recently a super sexy Eventuri carbon fibre intake. I also have a stunning looking set of Bilstein EVO SE coilovers that are plug-and-play EDC compliant to fit in the coming weeks too.

Here are a few more pics of the 340 following a "mini-detail" by Ayman@Leading Edge Car Detailing.

Cheers,

Justin@JDTuning.
https://www.facebook.com/JDTBMWPS
Ph. 0421 641 381
Attached Images

Last edited by JD75; 03-07-2021 at 12:14 AM.. Reason: Revision
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 09:28 PM   #17
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: "24 X6M60i / "21 m340i xdrive

I just came across your thread. Your car is SPECTACULAR. Absolutely love TBII. So happy I ordered it . Just waiting on it to arrive. Enjoy it and drive safe.
__________________________________________________ __________________
2017 X6 5.0 MSport, Carbon Black Metallic w/ black leather. All options except vented seats and B/O sound system. AKA the Tumbler
2018 340i MSport Xdrive sedan. Glacier Silver w/Oyster. All options except active cruise control and window shades. AKA Airstream
*On order 2021 M304i xdrive. Tanzanite Blue with W/Oyster with Red Calipers. All options except M suspension, Driver Assistance Professional Package, Cooling and High Performance Tire package. No Nickname as of yet
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 09:31 PM   #18
JD75
JDTuning
Rep

Hi guys,

it's time to start the engine performance upgrades I have in mind for the M340i project car, so she went onto the Advan Performance AWD dyno to obtain baseline power & torque figures.

Well the B58TU engine didn't disappoint by producing a stout 251awkW on a completely stock vehicle running on 98RON pump gas.

I have a series of mods planned starting with an Evolution Racewerks high-flow catted downpipe, so please stay tuned as pics and details of the upgraded parts being installed will follow shortly.

Cheers,

Justin@JDTuning.
Ph. 0421 641 381
Attached Images

Last edited by JD75; 09-17-2021 at 10:11 PM.. Reason: Revision
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2021, 12:55 AM   #19
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M340iXDrive

Any updates on your car?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 07:47 AM   #20
JD75
JDTuning
Rep

Hey boys & girls,

apologies for being very tardy with my build updates, but we have a bit of gorgeous Bilstein Suspension Australia eye candy to show you guys before this kit was installed in the M340i.

To the best of my knowledge this is the first Bilstein EVO SE coilover kit to be fitted to a G20 vehicle within Australia.

The kit pictured is of course ride height adjustable, whilst also being plug-and-play EDC compliant.

The 340 currently has H&R lowering springs (with a 30mm drop) installed, so I'm looking forward to seeing how significant the improvement in ride comfort and handling is, when moving up to a properly matched spring rate and damper combination.

It will also be nice to add another 5-10mm of ground clearance to the front of the vehicle now that the M Performance front lip/spoiler is fitted.

Fitment pics and first driving impressions to follow soon.

Cheers,

Justin@JDTuning.
Ph. 0421 641 381
Attached Images

Last edited by JD75; 09-17-2021 at 10:12 PM.. Reason: Revision
Appreciate 1
baturbo47.50
      09-15-2021, 07:59 AM   #21
JD75
JDTuning
Rep

So a few months back, whilst I had been waiting patiently for Remus and Akrapovic to release their M340i specific exhaust systems, I decided to swap out the factory downpipe for a 200cpi high-flow DP from Evolution Racewerks in an effort to add a bit more excitement and presence to the stock/factory exhaust note. I'll be tuning the engine shortly too, so I wanted to reduce turbine housing backpressure before turning the wick up a bit on the B58.

I'm very pleased to say that cold start even in Comfort mode is a bit more entertaining (lol), more importantly the exhaust note overall in Sport/Sport+ mode is much improved. In particular partial throttle burbles are more dramatic, WOT shifts have more of a bark and down shift throttle blips are definitely more satisfying.

Having recorded a video standing behind the car I couldn't really detect any nasty smell once the cat is warmed up. I've only had the one CEL so far relating to poor catalytic converter efficiency (lol) and that was easily cleared via the MHD Tuning App.

All in all I would say a high-flow catted DP upgrade is a relatively cost effective way to increase the aural pleasure of the M340i stock exhaust note, without the drawbacks of going to a catless DP.

Of course a post discussing Evolution Racewerks products, in particular their fancy looking (haha) and beautifully fabricated downpipes wouldn't be complete without some pretty pictures.

Lastly I have several of these M340i ER catted downpipes in stock and I should note that for F-Series B58 owners they are also direct fitment.

Cheers,

Justin@JDTuning.
Ph. 0421 641 381
Attached Images

Last edited by JD75; 09-17-2021 at 10:15 PM.. Reason: Revision
Appreciate 1
baturbo47.50
      09-15-2021, 08:05 AM   #22
JD75
JDTuning
Rep

Hey guys,

so we've had this super sexy Eventuri carbon fibre intake installed on the 340 and oh my, it certainly added some bling to the engine bay.

Induction noise has been increased dramatically as the stock snail begins to spool up, it's now audible even at partial throttle. You can also hear the diverter valve doing its thing if you feed on the throttle swiftly around 3,500rpm and lift off sharply too, making for additional listening pleasure.

There's not much to report at WOT gear changes as the added crack from the Evolution Racewerks high-flow catted DP overwhelms the DV discharge noise.

Cheers,

Justin@JDTuning.
Ph. 0421 641 381
Attached Images

Last edited by JD75; 09-17-2021 at 10:27 PM.. Reason: Revision
Appreciate 6