Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Impression on Mission Performance Stage 2

11-11-2020, 12:58 PM   #23
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_m340i View Post
I’m selling my license for half the price of you would like to save some money.
GLWS great price!!

For anyone that is interested this is a very good deal for anyone that does not intend to go with a custom one-off tune (like Orange-m340i is moving to). And also brings something else to mind with MP that is often not advertised.

MP is the only tuner that allows unlimited sales and/or transfers of their flash licenses (meaning the buyer of this license can sell it again if they so desire) Buyer/seller agree on price (just like with any other part) and new buyer pays $100 transfer fee to MP for the new license. BM3 does something similar but sale/transfers are limited to one time only

Along those same lines current customers can transfer to a new platform by simply paying the transfer fee (as an example it cost me $100 to move my current license from my 340i to my new M340).

Generally speaking that's how it works -

Last edited by chenry; 11-11-2020 at 01:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 01:38 PM   #24
carguy19
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340

Quote:
I would be interested if I could confirm I could use your license.... I have to speak with Alex and confirm that my car can in fact be tuned and what I need to do to get it done.

Its a 2021 model, so at the very least the DME has to be sent to Alex to be unlocked then flashed if its possible to do.

I need to confirm that this is possible on the 2021 models at all first, and then find out when I can get that done by Alex. I have some time off work coming up that I can afford to have the car disabled for 2-3 days.

Its all hinged on me speaking to him. As soon as I speak to him I'd be happy to discuss buying the license if it will work for me.

Thanks for offering.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 02:05 PM   #25
Voodoo_G80
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy19 View Post
I would be interested if I could confirm I could use your license.... I have to speak with Alex and confirm that my car can in fact be tuned and what I need to do to get it done.

Its a 2021 model, so at the very least the DME has to be sent to Alex to be unlocked then flashed if its possible to do.

I need to confirm that this is possible on the 2021 models at all first, and then find out when I can get that done by Alex. I have some time off work coming up that I can afford to have the car disabled for 2-3 days.

Its all hinged on me speaking to him. As soon as I speak to him I'd be happy to discuss buying the license if it will work for me.

Thanks for offering.
Yes most definitely has to be unlocked. Let me know.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 04:29 PM   #26
Musaabi
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy19 View Post
Quote:

Thanks for offering.
Be sure to let us know about the status or eta if has one
Appreciate 0