Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums USA - Florida 2020 BMW M340i lemon

04-03-2021, 09:07 AM   #1
SouthFLJoe
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

2020 BMW M340i lemon

2020 M340i is a lemon

I’m in south FL. My car has 2k miles on it and dealer is saying it’s more than likely a lemon. Message on dash and HUD stating electronic failure all safety features have been disabled, then suddenly the car engine overheats. They replaced a pulley and are not sure what the problem is.

They thought it was fixed but when I went to retrieve the car all of the error messages came back within driving the car off the lot.

Question: Say it is a lemon and they take it back what happens with my lease? Will they give me a new car or am I out that large down payment or what happens exactly.

This is happening at Vista BMW.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2021, 06:56 PM   #2
Don Mico
My First Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Get a lemon law layer.

I had mine for 8 months and it spent 7weeks at the dealer trying to sort out issues, less than 10k miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFLJoe View Post
2020 M340i is a lemon

I’m in south FL. My car has 2k miles on it and dealer is saying it’s more than likely a lemon. Message on dash and HUD stating electronic failure all safety features have been disabled, then suddenly the car engine overheats. They replaced a pulley and are not sure what the problem is.

They thought it was fixed but when I went to retrieve the car all of the error messages came back within driving the car off the lot.

Question: Say it is a lemon and they take it back what happens with my lease? Will they give me a new car or am I out that large down payment or what happens exactly.

This is happening at Vista BMW.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 01:46 PM   #3
bmw noob
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 Comp x-drive

Garage List
Before you hire an attorney, speak to the dealer's general manager about exactly what will happen. If you are satisfied with the response, no need for any legal action.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2021, 08:07 AM   #4
jd_perspective
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 35i M-Sport

How did this turn out?

I think Lemon Law on a lease they are required to give you every cent back, other than a slight proration for the amount of miles you put on the car. That's what happened with me for a Nissan that was a lemon. I even added in tint and other accessories and they paid me for it.

Also - just saying but it's not generally a good idea to put money down on a lease. If you drove off the lot and it gets totaled you lose probably most if not all of your money due to the instant depreciation. I just leave the money in my savings account and draw from that to make my payments "Feel better" if that's the case.

2019 440i Coupe M-Sport - Retired
2018 330i Sedan M-Sport - Retired
2015 428i Gran Coupe M-Sport - Retired
Appreciate 0