Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Software updates discussions

09-20-2019, 06:49 PM   #221
daveshan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4, 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_Ice View Post
I just logged on there and checked -- it shows the 3/2019 Release notes for my car even though it came with 7.2019.30 from the factory.
Oh, well, so much for that. Wishful thinking, I guess. Thanks for checking.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2019, 09:15 PM   #222
ksheah
Registered
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDS85 View Post
No specific issues with ambient lightning after the upgrade here.
got my car back. Munich had to do remote diagnostics and the feeling is that the dealer did not follow the power down sequence. This ?may affect the ECU. no permanent damage. All fixed.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 03:36 AM   #223
NFB
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Were on version 3/2019.60 when I had some issues with Bluetooth not being able to connect. Had the dealer to look at it and they gave me the update to 07/2019.53 this week.
For what I can see the update gave me updated look at the apps and more details in the instrument cluster for the map, see the attached picture.
No spotify or assisted view, but then again I dont have the driving assistant professional - not sure if this is required.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 08:37 PM   #224
WXdrivefun
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 330Xdrive

Hey Everyone, I decided to hold off until oil change and a recent recall update. My Old software version was somewhere in 03/2019.

Here are differences that I noticed immediately:

-Welcoming lights stop working: when car is unlocked as you approach the vehicle the headlights, door lights and floor light illuminated. The new version is now it is coded out.

-Seat belts no longer hug

-With key FOB in pocket, When locked even when you approach the vehicle the Headlight LEDs illuminated, no more now.

-The Map in the Center control panel has a larger realestate and as you increase speed, it zooms out. As the vehicle slow down it zooms in. Different areas are different in colour to identify public parks/parkettes.

-Colourful Apps icon

-The colour of your vehicle is now represented in the parking, 3D parking, 360 degree view and in the safety menu halo.

-The 3D view of the vehicles and people in the safety halo menu are zoomed out more.

-Needed to test remote app again for climate control. Didn't seem to start

-Driver experience pop-up menu is no longer animated: your car used to drive into the screen when you press and switch between comfort, sport, eco. Now it is passive photo with just the passive vehicle with different colour background for sport/comfort/eco.

-The animation and colour for the mic when the car is waiting for you to speak after saying 'Hello BMW' or after you pres the 'microphone' button has changed.

-When pressing the BC button, the information use to just appear and alternate between music being played, fuel economy, mileage, HP & Torque meters etc... within the centre space of tachometer on the right side. Now the information is animated and slides from right to left as you alternate between music being played, fuel economy, mileage, HP & Torque meters etc..

Last edited by WXdrivefun; 09-26-2019 at 09:08 PM..
Appreciate 1
      09-27-2019, 08:30 AM   #225
Troy1star
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXdrivefun View Post
Hey Everyone, I decided to hold off until oil change and a recent recall update. My Old software version was somewhere in 03/2019.

-Welcoming lights stop working: when car is unlocked as you approach the vehicle the headlights, door lights and floor light illuminated. The new version is now it is coded out.

-With key FOB in pocket, When locked even when you approach the vehicle the Headlight LEDs illuminated, no more now.

-The Map in the Center control panel has a larger realestate and as you increase speed, it zooms out. As the vehicle slow down it zooms in. Different areas are different in colour to identify public parks/parkettes.

-Colourful Apps icon

-The colour of your vehicle is now represented in the parking, 3D parking, 360 degree view and in the safety menu halo.

-The 3D view of the vehicles and people in the safety halo menu are zoomed out more.

-Driver experience pop-up menu is no longer animated: your car used to drive into the screen when you press and switch between comfort, sport, eco. Now it is passive photo with just the passive vehicle with different colour background for sport/comfort/eco.

-The animation and colour for the mic when the car is waiting for you to speak after saying 'Hello BMW' or after you pres the 'microphone' button has changed.

-When pressing the BC button, the information use to just appear and alternate between music being played, fuel economy, mileage, HP & Torque meters etc... within the centre space of tachometer on the right side. Now the information is animated and slides from right to left as you alternate between music being played, fuel economy, mileage, HP & Torque meters etc..
Also

You can also now use the key to roll up the windows.
Park assistance can now take you out of a parking spot.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 09:29 AM   #226
DomiGijzen
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 MSport High Exec (G08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy1star View Post
Quote:

-Colourful Apps icon

Also

You can also now use the key to roll up the windows.
Park assistance can now take you out of a parking spot.
That's is not new I think. Had both in the November version.
      09-27-2019, 09:36 AM   #227
Lukas_S
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2019 3.18 (G20)

Quote:

-The
Hi. My G20 is just few days old, and came with the newest software. I noticed that light carpet welcome light and the lights in the doors do not work if interior lights are permanently switched off (by oressing the button and holding it for 3 seconds). Maybe same cause? iDrive also has welcome lights settings in the gui, maybe your version did not at first?

I don't like the interior ceiling lights coming on after a nightdrive, I think they're too bright, and blinding. So I switched them off permanently. Noticed light carpet missing on departure and only working on arrival.

Grtz

L.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 01:56 PM   #228
Cabby
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X740i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
2019 BMW X7  [0.00]
Lots of references to Tesla updates here, having both, at least the BMW updates are useful. It's not all fart sounds and atari games...

Gratuitous shot:

Name:  IMG_7329-snip.JPG
Views: 3007
Size:  150.8 KB
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan25022.00
MmmmmM22588.50
      09-27-2019, 02:05 PM   #229
Weiner0123
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 m340i. 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
Lots of references to Tesla updates here, having both, at least the BMW updates are useful. It's not all fart sounds and atari games...

Gratuitous shot:

Attachment 2150228
Nice wheels!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 03:59 PM   #230
NYC_340i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i xDrive, '11 X3 28i

Quote:

Gratuitous shot:

Attachment 2150228
That parking job in the background. No Fs given

Current: 2020 M340xi
Previous: 2016 340xi
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 05:24 PM   #231
juhcobywankenobi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:

Gratuitous shot:

Attachment 2150228
That may be the case, but at least they have over the air updates working...

I certainly want BMW to test this out to make sure nothing breaks, 6 months is an ok amount of time for regression so maybe October is the month it happens.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 05:26 PM   #232
Cabby
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X740i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
2019 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_340i View Post
That parking job in the background. No Fs given
Within inches of each other, those CRV and Camry owners are expert drivers!

For some reason my neighbors need 4 or 5 shitty cars each littering the road instead of using their garages.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2019, 12:25 AM   #233
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas_S View Post
Hi. My G20 is just few days old, and came with the newest software. I noticed that light carpet welcome light and the lights in the doors do not work if interior lights are permanently switched off (by oressing the button and holding it for 3 seconds). Maybe same cause? iDrive also has welcome lights settings in the gui, maybe your version did not at first?

I don't like the interior ceiling lights coming on after a nightdrive, I think they're too bright, and blinding. So I switched them off permanently. Noticed light carpet missing on departure and only working on arrival.

Grtz

L.
I actually created a thread on this issue not too long ago. It's a bug in the system and I've made BMW aware of it (who knows if they take feedback serious though). Here's a link to the thread if you're curious:
http://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1642631

Dealership actually couldn't even tell me what was wrong so I was messing around with the interior dome lighting and figured out that was the problem. I have the same issue, I hate when the interior lights turn on but I have no choice now since if I turn it off, the exterior comfort access lighting (door handles, welcome) all stops working.

Solution: Just leave your interior lights to turn on upon entry, until they fix the bug.
Appreciate 1
      09-28-2019, 09:09 AM   #234
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:

Gratuitous shot:

Attachment 2150228
Love those wheels and that front lip. Which model wheel is that?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2019, 02:16 PM   #235
Lukas_S
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
I actually created a thread on this issue not too long ago. It's a bug in the system and I've made BMW aware of it (who knows if they take feedback serious though). Here's a link to the thread if you're curious:
http://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1642631

Dealership actually couldn't even tell me what was wrong so I was messing around with the interior dome lighting and figured out that was the problem. I have the same issue, I hate when the interior lights turn on but I have no choice now since if I turn it off, the exterior comfort access lighting (door handles, welcome) all stops working.

Solution: Just leave your interior lights to turn on upon entry, until they fix the bug.
Thanks. I notified dealer where my car was bought, but they went like 'oh good, so you've fixed it, light carpet works'.
I was thinking to tint the dome lights with self-adhesive tinting foil, until software fix is available (I dislike 'em that much) but I don't know how to get that whole ceiling unit off. Don't want to force it and break anything. Sorry, going .
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2019, 11:15 PM   #236
EXE46
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD Aka New E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
BMW M Performance 20 Inch Wheel 795M - Ferric Grey
      09-28-2019, 11:41 PM   #237
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXE46 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
BMW M Performance 20 Inch Wheel 795M - Ferric Grey
Excellent. It's one of the best looking wheels that BMW has produced.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2019, 04:35 AM   #238
Giggler
Banned
Rep
Drives: 20' M340i, 24' X5 40i

Quote:
Within inches of each other, those CRV and Camry owners are expert drivers!

For some reason my neighbors need 4 or 5 shitty cars each littering the road instead of using their garages.
Why on earth would you park your car in the garage when you can pack that garage full of useless shit you impulsively bought instead?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2019, 08:50 AM   #239
EXE46
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD Aka New E39 M5

Wheels are not mine, I was just answering the question.
      10-01-2019, 02:14 PM   #240
mlassota
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i X-Drive

Just had my 2020 M340i X-Drive updated to 7/2019.55. The car was delivered in Munich on July 4th with 3/2019.34.

Tried to find the "Assisted Driving View" that everyone is talking about and can't. Quite a bit of the main display has changed or been refined but this feature appears to be unavailable. Am I missing something? Does anyone know where in the menu's it would appear?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 03:42 PM   #241
Lukas_S
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassota View Post
Just had my 2020 M340i X-Drive updated to 7/2019.55. The car was delivered in Munich on July 4th with 3/2019.34.

Tried to find the "Assisted Driving View" that everyone is talking about and can't. Quite a bit of the main display has changed or been refined but this feature appears to be unavailable. Am I missing something? Does anyone know where in the menu's it would appear?
I don't have that view because I don't have adaptive cruise control, but if I was you I would look in car settings, displays, instrument cluster. Maybe turn the map off? Idk, really guessing here.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 04:54 PM   #242
RoboPapa
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

I just had my 2019 M330i updated to 7/2019.55. The vehicle was delivered end of March with 3/2019.30.

I also cannot find the "Assisted Driving View" after the update. This fact has been reported in several places even if the Assisted Driving option has been specified for factory build.

I believe that the hardware that supports this feature is different to earlier vehicles. In other words, the Assisted Driving hardware has been revised on newer vehicles and the feature will only be available on those.

I may be wrong and the feature can be coded separately but I would have expected BMW to enable it if it was possible.

Please advise if anyone knows otherwise.
Appreciate 0