Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions 85% of the 4 Series Concept will carry over to production

12-05-2019, 12:57 AM   #133
corbinwilliams
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC, 650i GC, i7 xDrive60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPichardo View Post
Make mine a M4 GC please
Agree😃👌🏽
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 11:14 PM   #134
simonhch
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 Black 435xi M Sport

From every angle that I have seen of the new 4 series it looks stunning....except the front grill, which looks preposterous. Almost comically bad. It's so huge, and with chrome trim looks unbelievably ostentatious. If they keep that rear and and the lines, and do something about that front grill it'll look spectacular. But if they are trying to differentiate themselves by producing a nose that's so absurd that everyone will sit up and take note....mission accomplished. Won't be buying one though.

Just keep fingers crossed for now.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 03:55 AM   #135
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonhch View Post
From every angle that I have seen of the new 4 series it looks stunning....except the front grill, which looks preposterous. Almost comically bad. It's so huge, and with chrome trim looks unbelievably ostentatious. If they keep that rear and and the lines, and do something about that front grill it'll look spectacular. But if they are trying to differentiate themselves by producing a nose that's so absurd that everyone will sit up and take note....mission accomplished. Won't be buying one though.

Just keep fingers crossed for now.
Just wanted to say that I like the new grill. In fact I hate bmw grills with connected headlights if today. What they started in F generation was bad (to me) so anything taking us out of it is welcome. And what 4 series concept shows looks nice and refreshing to me.

Btw while hating the grill and headlights design I bought m3 in 2016 and in 2020 m550 currently. His probably qualifies me as a fan boy
      12-07-2019, 06:58 AM   #136
JJ002
Rep
Drives: VW GTI, BMW M3

As a longtime BMW fan who owns some older BMWs (don't miss the old days, totally different era, long gone) I find Mercedes' current offerings much more aesthetically appealing. And judging by their wallets, many of my friends and family agree.

The design elements of the Mercedes models are much better integrated into a cohesive whole, whereas BMW has become kind of gimmicky. Their models are either oddly homogenous and bland, or have a goofy design element or two, like the grill on this model and the new 7-series, the side 'hockey puck," and so on, that stick out like a sore thumb. Future classic status (not that BMW cares) belongs to Mercedes.

I think BMW needs a new design direction, or head of design, as, like Mercedes, they have a strong heritage to build on, and yet their models turn out mostly bloated and bland-looking (7-series, 8-series) or odd (this one). At least the new 3-series is stylistically promising - if derivative.

Since BMW went more mainstream, there isn't really much that distinguishes them from other German carmakers these days, so to me it's just a matter of picking what you find most attractive.

The bright side is, there are a lot of appealing options to choose from.

Last edited by JJ002; 12-07-2019 at 08:16 PM..
Appreciate 0