Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Lease car holiday payments

03-20-2020, 06:18 AM   #1
Franko666
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Lease car holiday payments

In these days of madness surrounding the coronavirus has anyone spoke or heard from their lease company regarding postponing your monthly lease payment?
I would imagine a lot of us may be laid off for a few weeks and without regular income could struggle to make payments.
I know banks are offering holiday payment on your mortgage so should lease companies follow suit?
      03-20-2020, 09:39 AM   #2
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franko666 View Post
In these days of madness surrounding the coronavirus has anyone spoke or heard from their lease company regarding postponing your monthly lease payment?
I would imagine a lot of us may be laid off for a few weeks and without regular income could struggle to make payments.
I know banks are offering holiday payment on your mortgage so should lease companies follow suit?
They could but they also own an asset where the market values have collapsed so they stand to make big losses..

Although on the upside, if they crystallise a loss if they press you and terminate the contract, deferring payments may be the best approach for them too....
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2020, 05:35 AM   #3
Andy-1878
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franko666 View Post
They have done. We took it up, just to help cash flow but have now chosen to re-instate payments. Not sure who you're with but Alphabet have been brilliant about it.
Appreciate 0