Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge The Warriors will never lose again ;)

05-15-2017, 09:31 PM   #199
itrsteve
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
The better team won. Golden State is the better team. With Leonard healthy, gsw is still the better team. Golden State played like crap the first half, go figure they been off for a very longtime. The spurs needed this game to have a chance, I don't think they have a chance now.

Someone said Leonard is the best player in the west. The lie detector stated that was a lie.
Killer analysis. You should do it for a living.

Facts: GSW goes on an 18-0 run as soon as they were assigned to finish off Kawhi. Sorry, it's just not coincidence. He's the best two-way player in the league, it's not really disputed. GSW still has more talent of course. I can't wait until they have to pay everybody full contracts and their 4 all stars are no more. The GSW bandwagon is equally annoying as the LBJ Heat fans.
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2017, 09:34 PM   #200
jfmatthews
Rep
Drives: Wheels

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...heyre-down-15/
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 10:41 PM   #201
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M3 SG

Quote:
The better team won. Golden State is the better team. With Leonard healthy, gsw is still the better team. Golden State played like crap the first half, go figure they been off for a very longtime. The spurs needed this game to have a chance, I don't think they have a chance now.

Someone said Leonard is the best player in the west. The lie detector stated that was a lie.
You must be some kind of idiot
The warriors at full strength are NOT better than the Spurs at full strength
Dont believe the hype kid. Watch the games

The Spurs blasted the warriors in the first game of the season in Oakland. It was no fluke.
the Spurs have what it takes to beat the warriors.
The warriors strength is most teams don't have elite defenders who cant guard Curry and Durant one one one so they have to double one or the other. when that happens it create open looks for others on the team like Green and Klay Thomson.

The Spurs have Leonard on Durant, and Danny Green on Curry they dont need to double either of them.
with two big's up front in Gasol and Aldridge, Green cannot guard Aldridge one on one, nor can Zaza guard Gasol who is a skilled passer at center. its a match up nightmare for the warriors.

Then Durant has got to think about Kawhi offensively........a HUGE problem for him, kawhi is more skilled than any player he would face in the western conference playoffs, His post game is better than that of Durant, whi is essentially a very tall guard

The 25 pts might be excessive but the Spurs dominating them is NO FLUKE.

Now with Kawhi out, Danny Green has to guard Durant, and that gives Curry room to work as simmons/ mills etc are either too small or not too quick to guard him like a 6'7 Danny green with long arms can

Leonard IS THE BEST PLAYER OUT WEST, and that's indisputable especially seeing the difference with him in the game for 2.5 quarters and what took place with him out.

the reason the Spurs lost is that with Parker injured, Kawhi becomes not only the best offensive player and best defender , but the Spurs best creator, setting up others. with him out the Spurs offense collapses.
Look for Ginobili to try and have a BIG GAME in game 2. the problem is at 39 years old he can only do it for Spurs and thats not enough to get the Job done.

Last edited by avantegardestyle; 05-15-2017 at 10:48 PM..
Appreciate 1
Datka450.00
      05-16-2017, 12:55 AM   #202
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:

You must not have been watching the same game
      05-16-2017, 08:16 AM   #203
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Leonard out for game two. Spurs must win game three for even the slightest chance.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 10:35 AM   #204
Mardio
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrsteve View Post
No it wasn't. They went on a 18-0 run the moment Kawhi went out. Not much of a coincidence when one of the best in the league gets knocked out. They were gifted that victory.
I'm not sure they were gifted the victory. The focus should be how the rest of the team couldn't hold a 20+ point lead.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 10:46 AM   #205
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

While I agree that the Spurs team should have not blown a 20pt lead, it is not completely surprising with such explosive offensive weapons like GS has.
However... To say that GS would have still won without Leonard... Nope!
And I agree with some analysts to make "stepping into a jumping shooter who has to land" a flagrant foul! That is some straight up dirty bullshit! And if you ever played or play BB, then you'd agree.
      05-16-2017, 02:55 PM   #206
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
While I agree that the Spurs team should have not blown a 20pt lead, it is not completely surprising with such explosive offensive weapons like GS has.
However... To say that GS would have still won without Leonard... Nope!
And I agree with some analysts to make "stepping into a jumping shooter who has to land" a flagrant foul! That is some straight up dirty bullshit! And if you ever played or play BB, then you'd agree.
I played bball...I don't think it's dirty. Now if your whole body is in his landing zone, then yes, that's a dirty move, and that shit will get you shived on the playground...but what Zaza did was only extend a foot out is a natural move, sort of like Draymond crotch kicking people.
      05-16-2017, 03:05 PM   #207
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrsteve View Post
Killer analysis. You should do it for a living.

Facts: GSW goes on an 18-0 run as soon as they were assigned to finish off Kawhi. Sorry, it's just not coincidence. He's the best two-way player in the league, it's not really disputed. GSW still has more talent of course. I can't wait until they have to pay everybody full contracts and their 4 all stars are no more. The GSW bandwagon is equally annoying as the LBJ Heat fans.
agreed he is the best 2 way player in the west. with that said, he is not the best overall player in the west. No sorry he's not.
      05-16-2017, 03:26 PM   #208
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

are we still talking about who's the best player in the WEST? Who cares? Let's talk about who the best player is, period....if only I knew who that could be...
      05-16-2017, 03:49 PM   #209
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
agreed he is the best 2 way player in the west. with that said, he is not the best overall player in the west. No sorry he's not.

who is better?
there is no one at this stage who can dominate a game like he can

he can shut down all of the best offensive players from PG to PF.
and on the offensive end, no one can stop him

there is a reason why he had 26 points before leaving the game, while Durant and Corry only got going after he left.

stop listening to hype from people and watch the games for yourself. there is no player in the west as efficient and as complete as he is.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 03:56 PM   #210
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantegardestyle View Post
who is better?
there is no one at this stage who can dominate a game like he can

he can shut down all of the best offensive players from PG to PF.
and on the offensive end, no one can stop him

there is a reason why he had 26 points before leaving the game, while Durant and Corry only got going after he left.

stop listening to hype from people and watch the games for yourself. there is no player in the west as efficient and as complete as he is.
Durant is the 2nd best player in the world. Yes better than Leonard. I will put leonard behind kd as the 2nd best player in the west.
      05-16-2017, 03:57 PM   #211
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
are we still talking about who's the best player in the WEST? Who cares? Let's talk about who the best player is, period....if only I knew who that could be...
Bron Bron is the best player on earth.
      05-16-2017, 03:58 PM   #212
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Lebron is, but in the regular season Kawhi hung 41 on him in Cleveland and the Spurs won the game.

In SA Kawhi had 25/6reb/6 ast/ 54% FG in 29 minutes and the Spurs bew out the Cavs 103 - 74

Where i gave lebron credit is that he is a better play maker than Kawhi. at this stage is is not a better defender or a better scorer.
With parker out Kawhi has increased his play making. jury is out on how consistent he is with that
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 06:00 PM   #213
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

regular season? EVERY player has a night where they look like a hall of famer, from DeMar DeRozen, Kyle Lowerie, John Wall, Swaggy P, Blake Griffin, Tyson Chandler, Jeremy Lin [fill in name here]. All I know is one play that showed by Lebron is the best player when the rubber meets the road, all the chips are on the table, and 1 play, the ONLY play had to be made to win a game...

Last edited by Flying Ace; 05-16-2017 at 06:05 PM..
Appreciate 1
kprocivic807.50
      05-16-2017, 06:44 PM   #214
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace;21710072[COLOR="Red"
]regular season? EVERY player has a night where they look like a hall of famer, from DeMar DeRozen, Kyle Lowerie, John Wall, Swaggy P, Blake Griffin, Tyson Chandler, Jeremy Lin [fill in name here]. [/COLOR]All I know is one play that showed by Lebron is the best player when the rubber meets the road, all the chips are on the table, and 1 play, the ONLY play had to be made to win a game...

what he said.
      05-16-2017, 11:20 PM   #215
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Very impressive victory tonight. I'm sure the Spurs will have something for them when they go back to to Texas. Tonight's game was a statement. No one players' presence can justify that kind of score gap. The Warriors just plain trounced them. The Texas games will be closer I'm sure.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 01:00 AM   #216
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Killer analysis. You must have watched the game with mute on, bc you missed ALL the talk, before during and after about Leonard being out.

Aside from that minor omission, analysis spot on.

Last edited by Flying Ace; 05-17-2017 at 01:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 12:01 PM   #217
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Pop has a tough choice on Saturday. to play or not to play his best player. I guess it's not to tough though being that the season is on the line.
      05-17-2017, 12:49 PM   #218
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Pop has a tough choice on Saturday. to play or not to play his best player. I guess it's not to tough though being that the season is on the line.
no choice anymore. He has to play. Going down 3-0 without going full strength is foolish.

You can tell, Spurs player strategy to was give away game 2. If Leonard is not 100% and you get 5 days to rest him, AND you were blowing out the other team with him, you should have some confidence that you can still win the series at full strength.

Pop has a history of playing a conservative strategy of resting players for the bigger games to the detriment of paying fans of course...how pissed would you be if you paid for last night's game?

On this note, pro soccer in the rest of the world controls for these situation by counting total points scored. (google away goal rules) It's one way to ensure each game in a series is competitive. Even if you lose the amount you scored matters.
      05-17-2017, 03:20 PM   #219
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Killer analysis. You must have watched the game with mute on, bc you missed ALL the talk, before during and after about Leonard being out.

Aside from that minor omission, analysis spot on.
Wow, you are feisty today.

It wasn't an analysis. I'm no expert. I'm just a fan with an opinion. It's not right or wrong. Its just mine.

Nobody can say that Leonard's absence in Game 2 caused the loss. Warrior beat them so badly that his presence would not have mattered. No one player makes up for a 36 point gap. The other part of my observation is that Warrior fans should not expect to go to San Antonio and expect an easy time of it. I would say that even if Leonard cannot play. They have great talent and a great Head Coach. And, its their house. That's all I said. Mute button on or off doesn't factor into it.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2017, 09:37 AM   #220
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Lol @ Spurs fans complaining.

Does Bruce Bowen ring a bell?

Get outta here. It's about time the Spurs disappeared.

Signed,
- A salty Pistons fan who cried to sleep in '05.
Appreciate 0