Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums CANADA "Lessons Learned: My BMW Dealership Experience in Canada and the States"

05-07-2023, 01:54 PM   #1
DanVlnStud
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i XDrive

"Lessons Learned: My BMW Dealership Experience in Canada and the States"

After enduring a horrific experience with BMW dealerships in Canada, I've been racking my brain to figure out why their service was so deplorable compared to their American counterparts. And after much reflection, I've come to the realization that the difference wasn't because I'm Canadian and not American. Instead, it boiled down to the way I presented myself at both dealerships.

Looking back, I think the distinguishing factor was my neighbors - none other than James Dolan and Muhammad Ali, along with a host of other notable figures whom I never had the chance to meet. These VIPs resided in a lavish neighborhood, comparable to Toronto's upscale Bridal Path, where I own a property. However, I opted to provide the address on my driver's license - linked to a downtown location - instead of flaunting my Bridal Path digs.

Alas, BMW's Canadian dealership did everything in their power to swindle me out of every penny. They were utterly ruthless and unscrupulous, in stark contrast to the dealer in Jersey that I had dealt with. Ironically, while working in Jersey, my neighbors were James Dolan and Muhammad Ali, and they certainly knew how to live in style on Winding Drive.

To make matters worse, I hadn't even purchased my car from the Jersey dealer - I had a dilapidated e60 5 series with Canadian plates that I picked up from a used car dealer in Toronto before I even moved.

However, the dealer in the States treated me like royalty. They didn't just refurbish my engine and provide a new head, replace my pistons, and give me a fancy new paint job; they even upgraded my bumpers to the coveted M Sport package - all for free, mind you - because they accidentally scuffed my paint, which wasn't even an issue for me. Whenever I needed a loaner car, they provided the latest and greatest M cars without hesitation. And when I took those road trips, they never complained.

The dealer in Jersey treated me like family or even better, like a superstar employee who deserved only the best. And for no apparent reason, or so I thought at the time. But now I wonder if things would have been different if I had given them my Bridal Path address instead of the downtown one.

I must admit, it's a depressing thought to think that the only reason for such disparate treatment could be because of the addresses I provided. But other than that, BMW Toronto and Parkview are just a bunch of thieving criminals who need to be brought to justice.

Should you have encountered a comparable predicament in Canada either recently or within the last two years, please do not hesitate to reach out to me through a private message. I firmly believe that no individual deserves to be subjected to such treatment, and as such, I may have a viable solution to alleviate your predicament.
2010 E60 M5
2006 Honda S2000
2001 Integra Type R
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2023, 05:43 PM   #2
Seanhfx
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY23 M3 Comp Edition 50 Jahre

LMFAO
2017 340i xDrive