Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Need inputs on price for 2021 M340i

08-10-2021, 01:42 PM   #1
bababiskothu
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Need inputs on price for 2021 M340i

Hello All,

I am a current BMW 335i (2014) owner and was thinking of moving to M340i considered 540i as well but I prefer driving over luxury. I am talking to few dealers and closest I could get is $56,520 from MSRP of $62,270 (around 9%) and this includes both $3K incentives and discount of $2750 with the 0.9% 60 months finance.

Not much 2021 inventory out and given current shortages/supplies is this deal worth pursuing? I dont mind waiting a few more months if things are going to cool down as I am very happy with my 335i but iI am not sure if that will be the case so might as well jump on this is its a good deal in current market.

Thoughts?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 02:00 PM   #2
galaxiez2020
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababiskothu View Post
Hello All,

I am a current BMW 335i (2014) owner and was thinking of moving to M340i considered 540i as well but I prefer driving over luxury. I am talking to few dealers and closest I could get is $56,520 from MSRP of $62,270 (around 9%) and this includes both $3K incentives and discount of $2750 with the 0.9% 60 months finance.

Not much 2021 inventory out and given current shortages/supplies is this deal worth pursuing? I dont mind waiting a few more months if things are going to cool down as I am very happy with my 335i but iI am not sure if that will be the case so might as well jump on this is its a good deal in current market.

Thoughts?
Thanks
9%? Jump on that.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 02:01 PM   #3
jg4c
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i XDrive

I'd say at this point in time, that's a descent deal overall.
That's about 4.5% off of MSRP minus your incentives.
If you need, or want the car right away, go for it.

Can't predict the future, but from my own experience, dealers are starting to
soften on the 2022's, meaning more are willing to deal.
Wasn't the case a month ago, when no one would budge off of MSRP.

If you can wait, I think deals will even get better, but watch the financing.
IMO, I think 0.9% is not going to last. So, you may get more off MSRP,
but pay a higher interest rate.

Not sure how your $3,000 in incentives breaks down, but keep in mind that the $2,000 rebate for financing may also come back in the near future.
No guarantees, though.

I'm hoping that is the case when my 2022 arrives in October, because i don't qualify for any other incentives.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 02:04 PM   #4
bababiskothu
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxiez2020 View Post
9%? Jump on that.
3 other dealers in my area were willing to give only $750 off MSRP - Period! Didnt even want to negotiate after that..
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 02:10 PM   #5
bababiskothu
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg4c View Post

Not sure how your $3,000 in incentives breaks down, but keep in mind that the $2,000 rebate for financing may also come back in the near future.
No guarantees, though.

I'm hoping that is the case when my 2022 arrives in October, because i don't qualify for any other incentives.

Good luck!
The incentives are:
$2000 rebate for finance
$500 for loyalty
$500 for penfed customer

The spec is almost exactly what I would have custom built (except for the panel trim) and so there are no compromises on that. Yeah there is not much incentive on 2022 build and this is 2021 and in the lot so able to get some discount I think....
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 02:32 PM   #6
jg4c
Captain
Rep

Quote:
The incentives are:
$2000 rebate for finance
$500 for loyalty
$500 for penfed customer

The spec is almost exactly what I would have custom built (except for the panel trim) and so there are no compromises on that. Yeah there is not much incentive on 2022 build and this is 2021 and in the lot so able to get some discount I think....
9% total including the $2,000 rebate for financing for a car that is 98% of what you would have ordered in a 2022, is a no brainer IMO.

Plus .09% financing, I would have been all over that deal.

Best part, no painful, long wait....
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 05:43 PM   #7
bababiskothu
Enlisted Member
Rep

Okay..I am getting closer to make the deal happen and make a deposit online.

I initially went thru truecar which gave $3,867 from MSRP and the dealer initially honored it. But then when I said I can finance via BMW to avail $2k cash back he said we cant mix both. His wordings were \

"Technically, Truecar member discount doesn't apply combined with BMW Financing and many dealerships aren't offering any discount (combined with 0.9%)."

Is that true? I thought BMW financials offers their own cash back and why would that interfere with Truecar's pre-negotiated price from MSRP?

May be it is the case but wanted to check and see has anyone came across this before...

thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 05:49 PM   #8
bababiskothu
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
"Technically, Truecar member discount doesn't apply combined with BMW Financing and many dealerships aren't offering any discount (combined with 0.9%)."

Is that true? I thought BMW financials offers their own cash back and why would that interfere with Truecar's pre-negotiated price from MSRP?

May be it is the case but wanted to check and see has anyone came across this before...

thanks
I think I answered my own Q...looking at Truecar's offer it has mentioned that their offer cannot be combined... Guess its still a good deal from what I am seeing...

Truecar Your Member Price:
The Member Price is an offer directly to you. It includes the vehicle's MSRP minus incentives and dealer discounts. It excludes dealer fees and accessories, applicable tax, title, licensing, other state and governmental charges and/or fees, and is subject to change based on incentives eligibility. TrueCar does not set vehicle pricing and is not responsible for errors in the pricing information given to you by a certified dealer through a TrueCar-powered platform.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 08:55 PM   #9
LaxCoach31
Registered
Rep
Drives: Kia Stinger GT1 AWD

Quote:
Hello All,

Thoughts?
Thanks
I’m currently in the same boat. I’d like to purchase a 21 or 22 m340i. Are you trying to purchase in NC? The dealers in Pennsylvania are really holding on to every penny it seems. Would like to chat about your deal if you have the time.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 09:31 PM   #10
LaxCoach31
Registered
Rep
Drives: Kia Stinger GT1 AWD

Quote:

No guarantees, though.

Good luck!
When did you order? Is October the 10 weeks they have been quoting me for the custom build?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 11:40 PM   #11
Wht340i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340I

I just ordered a 2021 M340 about a week ago. Still waiting for it to be shipped from the Baltimore location. It had a MSRP of $65,300 and I got it for $59,794 8.5% off plus the $1000 lease credit and $500 loyalty credit. For right now that was a great deal. Most other dealers told me no discount unless it was a demo car and even then it wasn't much . Times are crazy.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 11:52 AM   #12
jg4c
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxCoach31 View Post
When did you order? Is October the 10 weeks they have been quoting me for the custom build?
I ordered this past Monday, 8/9.

If they are telling you it will be 10 weeks from the time you order,
that seems correct to me. I was told 8 weeks, but when I was talking to dealers awhile ago, I heard everything from 8 weeks to 16 weeks.

A smart dealer will always tell you it will take more time,
so if your car comes in earlier, you'll be a happy customer.

If you order now, 10 weeks would put you into mid October delivery.
There are many factors that go into the timing, and they can never be exact with the delivery date.

I do know that allocation slots for custom builds are getting more difficult to secure, so keep that in mind.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 11:54 AM   #13
jg4c
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Okay..I am getting closer to make the deal happen and make a deposit online.

I initially went thru truecar which gave $3,867 from MSRP and the dealer initially honored it. But then when I said I can finance via BMW to avail $2k cash back he said we cant mix both. His wordings were \

thanks
So, did you grab it?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 04:19 PM   #14
bababiskothu
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
So, did you grab it?
I was going to pay deposit today to hold but the service advisor (not the finance who made the deal) tells me that it shud be in lot in 3-4 weeks as it’s in stop sale for some parts!! Arrrgh - their website say In stockbut he says it should be delivered 3-4 weeks.

Also wonder if I should rather take chance on a 2022 model (being one year later newer when/if it comes to selling and another dealer is willing to give me $4k off from MSRP but not sure if BMW will still have 0.9% and cash incentives as for 2022 when I take delivery plus this dealer currently don’t have an allocation.

I am pissed they werent transparent before regd availability but I am leaning towards going ahead and make the deposit and just wait it out (shorter wait time as he said we can’t make any mods as it’s beyond that stage)
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 12:31 PM   #15
vinuneuro
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wht340i View Post
I just ordered a 2021 M340 about a week ago. Still waiting for it to be shipped from the Baltimore location. It had a MSRP of $65,300 and I got it for $59,794 8.5% off plus the $1000 lease credit and $500 loyalty credit. For right now that was a great deal. Most other dealers told me no discount unless it was a demo car and even then it wasn't much . Times are crazy.
Which dealer please?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 01:59 PM   #16
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

It's a good deal for the time we are currently in, but people before were getting 10-12% off MSRP and incentives were in addition to that.

If you aren't in a rush to buy a car, my opinion is to wait it out. It's a sellers market right now, not buyers. Good luck on whatever route you decide!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 02:02 PM   #17
Wht340i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340I

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinuneuro View Post
Which dealer please?
Patrick BMW in Schaumburg. I did purchase my last one from them so not sure if that helped a little or not.

Last edited by Wht340i; 08-12-2021 at 02:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 12:07 PM   #18
bababiskothu
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxCoach31 View Post
I’m currently in the same boat. I’d like to purchase a 21 or 22 m340i. Are you trying to purchase in NC? The dealers in Pennsylvania are really holding on to every penny it seems. Would like to chat about your deal if you have the time.
LaxCoach31 Sure - Yes it is in NC. DM me and will be happy to help in whatever ways I can.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 12:13 PM   #19
bababiskothu
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I was going to pay deposit today to hold but the service advisor (not the finance who made the deal) tells me that it shud be in lot in 3-4 weeks as it’s in stop sale for some parts!! Arrrgh - their website say In stockbut he says it should be delivered 3-4 weeks.

Also wonder if I should rather take chance on a 2022 model (being one year later newer when/if it comes to selling and another dealer is willing to give me $4k off from MSRP but not sure if BMW will still have 0.9% and cash incentives as for 2022 when I take delivery plus this dealer currently don’t have an allocation.

I am pissed they werent transparent before regd availability but I am leaning towards going ahead and make the deposit and just wait it out (shorter wait time as he said we can’t make any mods as it’s beyond that stage)
Okay---gave the deposit for the car! After making the deposit I seem to like my existing 335i even more for some reason . As I get closer to delivery time to let go of my 8 year beloved daily driver.

Also no dealer in my area has the Portimao Blue Metallic color and so took a leap in faith looking at images online / youtube / in this forum for that color. Hope not to be disappointed with that color choice and the interior is Cognac Vernasca.

Wait time begins now and hopefully not too long..lets see....

thanks all!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 10:48 PM   #20
galaxiez2020
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Okay---gave the deposit for the car! After making the deposit I seem to like my existing 335i even more for some reason . As I get closer to delivery time to let go of my 8 year beloved daily driver.

Also no dealer in my area has the Portimao Blue Metallic color and so took a leap in faith looking at images online / youtube / in this forum for that color. Hope not to be disappointed with that color choice and the interior is Cognac Vernasca.

Wait time begins now and hopefully not too long..lets see....

thanks all!
LOL your measly 335i.. (No offense). It won't ever compare to what you're about to enjoy.

I felt the same way giving up my car for the M340i... I always have an emotional attachment to my cars too, but... trust me, you won't regret it. This car is dimensions above it.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 07:56 PM   #21
FrankieNuo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23' G80

Garage List
2023 Bmw M3  [8.36]
Quote:
Hello All,

Thoughts?
Thanks
Honestly, give every car brand in the world the finger and don't give them business. Wait until the inevitable return to normal production. Unless you need a car, wait. If I didn't purchase my car pre pandemic, I would of spent 10k extra. Their capitalizing on the situation, don't let them.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 08:11 AM   #22
tgrundke
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '23 M340xi; '16 GTI Autobahn

Garage List
2023 M340  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieNuo View Post
Unless you need a car, wait. If I didn't purchase my car pre pandemic, I would of spent 10k extra. Their capitalizing on the situation, don't let them.
I agree with waiting unless you need a car at the moment. I wouldn't say they're capitalizing on the situation in a negative way, this is simple supply and demand: there is more demand for vehicles than there is available supply, so prices are going up.
Appreciate 0