Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Anybody has delayed their M340i?

10-07-2023, 11:14 AM   #1
olezheboka
Rep
Drives: M340i

Anybody has delayed their M340i?

Hi,

I made my M340i order back in April this year and was told that my car would arrive in the middle of August. Then the dealer said it was postponed to the end of September. Then they postponed it to November. The car was assembled in Mexico in the end of July/beginning of August and should have been already delivered to Europe.

I am wondering if anybody else has any issues with delivery being postponed multiple times?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2023, 10:43 PM   #2
Sierra055
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 SSG, 2021 Audi SQ7

I ordered my car start of Feb with build completed mid May. The car then sat at the Mexican port until early August. Finally made it on a boat, which docked 13th September. Dealer rang me the following day to say they should have the car around a week later. Two weeks later, followed them up, car still hadn't arrived. Got a text message last Tuesday saying car was scheduled for delivery Thursday, then told Friday it now wouldn't be until Monday or Tuesday.
Am beginning to think either the car is cursed for delays or there is something a bit fishy going on since the car arrived from the boat.

I was originally told it would be a 6 month lead time at order.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2023, 04:07 AM   #3
Sierra055
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 SSG, 2021 Audi SQ7

So I finally had confirmed what I have suspected, there is damage to my car pre-delivery. The dealer is unsure if it happened in transit, or while it was being loaded on to a truck as it had been booked for transport to them, but there is a dent in a door. I've only been sent a really bad photo of a photo so it's hard to place it or see where it is, so I'm reserving any judgement or decision until I see it in person now that the dealer has requested it be released to them immediately.

Not ideal on a brand new car that I've been waiting this long for, but not the first time this happened to me either.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2023, 06:49 AM   #4
olezheboka
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra055 View Post
So I finally had confirmed what I have suspected, there is damage to my car pre-delivery. The dealer is unsure if it happened in transit, or while it was being loaded on to a truck as it had been booked for transport to them, but there is a dent in a door. I've only been sent a really bad photo of a photo so it's hard to place it or see where it is, so I'm reserving any judgement or decision until I see it in person now that the dealer has requested it be released to them immediately.

Not ideal on a brand new car that I've been waiting this long for, but not the first time this happened to me either.
This is very unlucky. Ask them for compensation, because damaged car doesn't cost as much as not damaged one
Appreciate 1
Sierra055297.50